Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Scottish Football Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Scottish Football Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 11:26   #766
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends
Re: The Scottish Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Why should Celtic or Rangers for that matter, if given the ok to play in English football. Why the hell should they go straight into the EPL, clubs in the lower division try hard each season to get out of their league to get into the PL.
If they want to play in English football then they should start right at the bottom and that is the Conference.

Not only that, they wouldnt last five minutes in the PL, its much faster than Scottish football.

Several years ago we had a The London Cup with Celtic, and there fans were appalling, l went to that game, and all they sang throughout the game was anti English songs and were banned from all the pubs round Wembley, l was there.

And Celtic fans are a disgrace - they played Brentford at pre season and smashed the place up - and no papers reported it. Check Youtube its on there.

If Scottish football is in dire financial trouble, then merge it with the English League NOT PL.

And as for Neil Lennon, he is the biggest troublemaker going - l like Celtic, but not while he is manager.
Having played in and won the Empire Cup and Coronation Cup as well as the London Cup you seem to have a somewhat odd memory Arthur,added to that you can give the head of police control a wee telephone call and ask him personally how we were in Brentford at the start of the season,thank you very much.
As for your attack on Neil Lennon,well tbh I'm not in the least bit surprised at all,here's a wee reminder of what you seemed to have missed.
Would any other manager in the world let alone England get the amount of abuse he gets,the answer is of course not.

===============================
September 2003 – Mr Lennon is subject to an unprovoked assault by two Glasgow University students. As well as hurling abuse towards the Celtic player, they chase his car down the street, before spitting at him and physically assaulting him. Both are fined for their actions.
April 2004 – Mr Lennon, who has a twelve year old child in the car with him, is chased along Glasgow’s M8 Motorway by a man shouting abuse and making offensive gestures. The perpetrator also drives erratically, cutting Mr Lennon off and causing notable alarm not only to himself, but also to his young passenger. The perpetrator is fined.
September 2008 – Mr Lennon is the target of a brutal, unprovoked attack in Glasgow’s West End – after being subjected to a barrage of sectarian abuse, he is knocked unconscious by two men, who left him lying in the street in the early hours of the morning. A friend, who witnessed the incident, said Mr Lennon was “jumped from behind, hit on the head and knocked unconscious”. Mr Lennon was subsequently treated for concussion in a Glasgow hospital. The two men involved are jailed.
January 2011 – Mr Lennon is one of three employees of Celtic Football Club to be sent bullets in the post. These were intercepted before they reached the Celtic manager, but the meaning behind them was clear.
March 2011 – A parcel bomb addressed to Mr Lennon is intercepted before it reaches the Celtic manager. Other such parcels are sent to prominent Celtic supporters the late Paul McBride Q.C. and Trish Godman M.S.P., as well as the premises of Cairde na hEireann on Glasgow’s Gallowgate. The two men involved in the parcel bomb plot believed “they were capable of exploding and causing injury”, and are jailed for their actions.

May 2011 – Mr Lennon is “attacked” on the touchline at Tynecastle by a Hearts supporter, moments after a Celtic goal. This incident is seen by over sixteen thousand people in attendance at the match, as well as countless more watching on live television. Subsequently, the offender is found guilty of breach of the peace, but the charge of assault is, to everyone’s astonishment, returned by a Scottish jury as “not proven”. On BBC Radio 5 Live, only seconds after the incident, one commentator asks “Is there any end to what happens to Neil Lennon?”
March 2012 – A man is jailed for posting a picture of Mr Lennon covered from head to toe in bullet wounds on the internet.
February 2014 – Mr Lennon has missiles, included coins and spit, hurled his way as he watches a League Cup match at Tynecastle. He is forced to leave the game.
Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2014, 17:16   #767
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Jimi, I am a big fan of Celtic, but simply do not like Lennon. Rather than disown fans who bring trouble to a great club, he would rather stand back and cause trouble himself.

Such as the incidernt caught on Tv canera, when he went for the oppositon manager. Wht the hell did he do that. Its odbvious you havent watched the Youtube clips of Celtic fans or even Rangers fans for that matter causing aggro.

I went to a testimonial match between Celtic and Arsenal match many years ago and the behaviour was brilliant. Why, cant they be like that all the time.

My wife's family are all Celtic supporters. So there is no bias from me. But on the point. Of which you have made a strong support for Lennon. Nothing about there playing in the EPL.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 18:46   #768
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

The city centre of Manchester was trashed by Rangers fans on their last visit.

I went through Albert Square two days later and it stunk like the worst urinal you have ever been in.

THUGS
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 18:49   #769
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends

Arthur,I am totally bewildered by the statement that you claimed Neil Lennon went for the opposition manager,it was at Celtic Pk,both managers met at the tunnel,McCoist swore and Neil reacted to it as ANY manager would do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-ihe...e_gdata_player
Old 06-02-2014, 18:58   #770
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Jimi, I am a big fan of Celtic, but simply do not like Lennon. Rather than disown fans who bring trouble to a great club, he would rather stand back and cause trouble himself.

Such as the incidernt caught on Tv canera, when he went for the oppositon manager. Wht the hell did he do that. Its odbvious you havent watched the Youtube clips of Celtic fans or even Rangers fans for that matter causing aggro.

I went to a testimonial match between Celtic and Arsenal match many years ago and the behaviour was brilliant. Why, cant they be like that all the time.

My wife's family are all Celtic supporters. So there is no bias from me. But on the point. Of which you have made a strong support for Lennon. Nothing about there playing in the EPL.
Lennon doesn't cause trouble, he is a very passionate manager who feels strongly for his club.

Yes there are times when he maybe should think a bit more before doing something but I do not feel he is a troublemaker at all.

There are groups of bad fans ins all clubs supporters but Celtic are frequently praised for their good behaviour.
Old 06-02-2014, 19:06   #771
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
The city centre of Manchester was trashed by Rangers fans on their last visit.

I went through Albert Square two days later and it stunk like the worst urinal you have ever been in.

THUGS
I've been to Old Trafford 3 times for testimonial games v Man Utd and both sets of fans were great,in fact out of all the grounds in England I've been to only Middlesborough was awful.
Old 06-02-2014, 19:15   #772
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

TBH the United v Celtic games have gone off without any trouble in the main, but the lunatic, loutish display from Rangers 'fans' in 2008 was sickening, I for one would ban all their fans if United had to play them in the future.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 20:12   #773
Jimi
Permanently Banned

"This has to be said about Rangers, as a Scottish Football club they are a permanent embarrassment and an occasional disgrace. This country would be a better place if Rangers did not exist."
Ian Archer (journalist, 1970s), for full article see: link

"The incessant bigoted chanting by Rangers fans at Hampden was shocking. Unarguably the most socially-backward fans in British football. The really damaging thing for RFC is, it’s not the mythical ‘small minority’. There appear to be 1000s upon 1000s singing these songs."
Graham Spiers (Journalist) on his Twitter feed commenting on the Huns in their league cup final appearance (March 2011)
Brian Clough: "What team did you say you support again?"
Man in the studio audience: "RANGERS!"
Brian Clough: "That's not a football team! That's a gang of villains."
The irrepressible Brian Clough on "Sport in Question"......

[Mod Edit - excessive quotations removed.

As has been previously requested (a number of times), under 'Fair Use', it is allowed to quote some information from other sites, with appropriate links for attribution - you are vastly exceeding the amount allowed under 'Fair Use'.

Repetition of this behaviour may lead to infractions being issued.]

....."Glasgow Rangers had their fans barred from entry, played pig-ugly football and behaved like swine.
"The Scots realized that they would not be able to eliminate Malmö from the Champions League fairly. Therefore they resorted to intimidating, kicking and fighting them. It was pathetic.
"Edu should have been sent off having been well warned. McCulloch's yellow card when he kicked Durmaz from behind should have been a red - Durmaz should have been red carded when he retaliated, but wasn't even warned - and when Majid Bougherra assaulted Dardan Rexhepi leaving him almost unconscious, the sending off was indisputable.
"This was how Rangers acted.
"Their fans were banned from European matches. Their team should also be."
Mattias Larsson (following Rangers defeat to Malmo in Aug 2011; fromwww.expressen.se, source: http://www.expressen.se/sport/1.2517...akla.-rattvist)

"Rangers are a big club but unfortunately they are behaving like a little one."
Steve Lomas (St Johnstone Manager, self-admitted Rangers fan as a kid, Jan 2012)
Old 06-02-2014, 20:43   #774
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

And your posts are the reason I stopped getting involved in Celtic/Rangers discussions - hate, bile, vituperative posts which are all just as bad as each other, no matter which side is posting.

The hate feeds on itself, and provides justification for continuing those sort of behaviours.

This is not that sort of forum, so I would be grateful if you stopped posting this sort of rant and bile.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 21:37   #775
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

This thread is getting like the comments section of the Daily Record and Scottish Sun whenever a story is published about either Rangers or Celtic. Fans from both sides of the divide fueling never ending tit for tat arguments. I don't know where people get the time and energy to keep up the relentless campaign of "my teams better than your team". In the grand scheme of things its all just petty and pointless. Much better things to spend time on in life ahead of football and getting so worked up about rival football clubs.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 23:03   #776
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
And your posts are the reason I stopped getting involved in Celtic/Rangers discussions - hate, bile, vituperative posts which are all just as bad as each other, no matter which side is posting.

The hate feeds on itself, and provides justification for continuing those sort of behaviours.

This is not that sort of forum, so I would be grateful if you stopped posting this sort of rant and bile.
My apologies.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:35   #777
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
This thread is getting like the comments section of the Daily Record and Scottish Sun whenever a story is published about either Rangers or Celtic. Fans from both sides of the divide fueling never ending tit for tat arguments. I don't know where people get the time and energy to keep up the relentless campaign of "my teams better than your team". In the grand scheme of things its all just petty and pointless. Much better things to spend time on in life ahead of football and getting so worked up about rival football clubs.

Celtic and Rangers would have mega owners had they been in the EPL.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 15:03   #778
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post

Celtic and Rangers would have mega owners had they been in the EPL.
They already had a big money owner called David Murray who spent millions on RFC so they could win the Champions League Cup,that's how they are in big big debt,overspending.
Old 07-02-2014, 15:14   #779
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
They already had a big money owner called David Murray who spent millions on RFC so they could win the Champions League Cup,that's how they are in big big debt,overspending.
Explain to me how David Murray went about this spend? Did he simply pump in his own money with no strings or was it an investment ?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 23:33   #780
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
Explain to me how David Murray went about this spend? Did he simply pump in his own money with no strings or was it an investment ?
He took over RFC when he shoved £6 million in front of the previous owners,his original plan was to buy his hometown club Ayr United where he was born.

His statement 'For every fiver Celtic spend we will spend a tenner,'was crazy,he gave Souness and Advocatt millions to stay ahead of us,even borrowing from his own business,Murray International Holdings which is very close to bankruptcy,he is the guy who sold RFC to Craig Whyte for the princely sum of £1.00,he had been trying to sell RFC for 4 years without success until Whyte took the club off his hands,Google Craig Whyte,he is every Celtic fan's hero.