Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | DS Games ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

DS Games ?

Old 11-11-2007, 23:58   #1
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
DS Games ?

I decided to treat myself to a DS lite as it was only £104 at gamestation with Dr Kawashima's Brain Training. It should arrived within the next couple days.

So any fellow DS owner's can you surgest any games worth getting ? I have not really looked into the games avalible yet. I was looking at Hotel Dusk Room 125. Any1 played it ? Any good ? I thought it sounded intresting.

Thanks for any replys in advance.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2007, 09:25   #2
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: DS Games ?

What type of game do you like?

Anyway, I am currently playing Zelda, Lego Star Wars (Complete trilogy), Call of Duty 4, Elektroplankton, Mario Kart, New Super Mario World and Sonic Rush adventure....

Amongst others of course
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:21   #3
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Animal Crossing Wild World, Mario Kart, Touch Golf, Worms Open Warfare2 is decent too.

My mate has got Hotel Dusk... I'll speak to him later and let you know what he thinks of it.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 16:42   #4
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Thanks for the surgestions. I like a wide range of games and am usually willing to give anything a go. My problem is it arrived today and its faulty. I have massive dead pixels on the screen and am not talking about the odd little pixel there is lines of 3 dead pixels and I thought it was ink on the screen at first but closer inspection revealed its dead pixels. Also brain training does not work correctly on the quick play level. It just shoes the colour and then does nothing. theres nothing to pick to carry on. I am not happy now and hope that gamestation's replacment department is upto scratch.
Old 12-11-2007, 16:48   #5
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

For the colour game in Brain Training you need to shout the colour into the microphone to proceed to the next bit... are you doing that? My missus has trouble playing that one... not because she gets the colours wrong but cause it doesn't like her French accent However, RMA it because of the dead pixels... Nintendo are normally pretty good for this, if the retailer doesn't want to know.

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

Forgot to say, as well as the ones mentioned above, the Phoenix Wright games are good
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 17:58   #6
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
For the colour game in Brain Training you need to shout the colour into the microphone to proceed to the next bit... are you doing that?
LOL I cant beleive I didnt get that. I had just went back to look at it and figured it out hehe. I Found it does not like my accent either because half the words wont work for me have to say it 4 - 5 times lol.

As for the pixels I was looking around and was told that if you rub your finger round the area for 5 mins it goes away - And yes it did I got rid of them. Am much happier now.

Thnx Gareth.
Old 12-11-2007, 18:08   #7
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Mario Kart is fun !

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 18:31   #8
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

My mate gives Hotel Dusk the thumbs up. If you like slow paced puzzle solving type games then you should enjoy it.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 23:33   #9
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Heh, glad it's fixed (both the game and the dead pixels)

Hotel Dusk is a good game, but it has a fair amount of reading involved.

Tetris DS and 42 All Time Classics are some other good games. They're not the sort that will have you playing them for hours at a time, but you'll play them very very regularly just for short amounts of time.

---------- Post added at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

I forgot to say that DS games are region free, so you can get some great deals by importing games from the US and Canada and they'll work with your UK DS.

However, if you trade games in, you may find that some high street stores won't accept non-PAL DS games.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 09:05   #10
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

Worms 2 on DS best game ever
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote