Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2011

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2011

Old 29-11-2011, 08:42   #1
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society
BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2011

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...lity-2011.html

Andy Murray, Amir Khan, Rory McIlroy for BBC Sports Personality 2011.

Personally I can't see beyond McIlroy.
Kingofthedead4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-11-2011, 10:16   #2
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2011

What has Andy Murray done? Win Winbledon first, mate.
Old 29-11-2011, 11:03   #3
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l would like to see Andrew Strauss win it as England have swept all before them in test cricket in the last 18 months.
Old 29-11-2011, 11:42   #4
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

There are too many womwn on that list
Old 29-11-2011, 12:00   #5
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l would like to see Andrew Strauss win it as England have swept all before them in test cricket in the last 18 months.
I agree the England test team rank number 1 in the world a great feat.

There are not many top sports where England are ahead of the pack.
Old 29-11-2011, 12:06   #6
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

I would love to see Mark Cavendish win this - winner of the Tour de France Green Jersey, 5 Tour De France stage wins, 20 in total, World Road Race rainbow jersey winner. Truly a cyclist at the very peak of their profession.

Never gonna happen though
jonbxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 12:10   #7
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
I would love to see Mark Cavendish win this - winner of the Tour de France Green Jersey, 5 Tour De France stage wins, 20 in total, World Road Race rainbow jersey winner. Truly a cyclist at the very peak of their profession.

Yes a bit like Phil Taylor who has won 15 world darts titles and yet will never win this award.
Old 29-11-2011, 12:42   #8
Rivva
Inactive

Services: Virgin: XL TV inc V+ Box - M Phone - L Broadband.
Rivva is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
What has Andy Murray done? Win Winbledon first, mate.
Exactly!

Or at least one of the other GS's - which IMO will never happen.
Rivva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 12:44   #9
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

There's a campaign going on (apparently on twitter) to get this awared to Gary Speed. Personally I don't agree with that if its true.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 12:53   #10
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
There's a campaign going on (apparently on twitter) to get this awared to Gary Speed. Personally I don't agree with that if its true.
Yes l don't agree with that either.
Old 29-11-2011, 13:12   #11
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I think that is for coach of the year rather than the main award.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 17:51   #12
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
I think that is for coach of the year rather than the main award.
I don't think he was on the shortlist of that award to start with. If that's the case than I think its a bit crass to add him because he killed himself/died.

I think they should recognise his achievements, and his potential by a special award as opposed to adding him to a shortlist for an award that he had nlt been considered for in the first place.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 18:07   #13
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post

I would agree with this 100%
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 19:07   #14
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I don't think he was on the shortlist of that award to start with. If that's the case than I think its a bit crass to add him because he killed himself/died.

I think they should recognise his achievements, and his potential by a special award as opposed to adding him to a shortlist for an award that he had nlt been considered for in the first place.
I don't know. He could be on the shortlist I think. His success with Wales is impressive and it's hard to think of many coaches who have a better claim. Maybe Lambert.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 01:12   #15
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
it's hard to think of many coaches who have a better claim.
This guy for a start...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/15953683.stm
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote