Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures
Closed Thread

Old 31-05-2020, 18:40   #751
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star
Re: Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Just looks like another (self) important person I've never heard of

He'll have to try a lot harder than that if he wants to appear with Ant & Dec

It would appear that her "resignation" is symbolic. She was appointed as a whip on April 14 and it appears that the position attracts no additional allowance.*
She therefore has sacrificed absolutely nothing.

Now if she or any other lockdown breaking MPs actually want to resign as an MP, then no-one could really say that Cummings should stay.

*I stand to be corrected
Old 31-05-2020, 18:44   #752
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
From the FT, 30th March 2020

And in his own words

And he also attended six SAGE meetings in March, April, and May, which provide scientific advice to support government decision makers during emergencies - I assume his findings from these meetings influenced policy, and if not, why was he attending?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...-sage-members/
At a loose end on Sundays are you?

He may be “in contact” and attend meeting left right and center - I would expect him to, but you think he’s leading the government response to the pandemic?

You obviously think he’s more talented than I do.
Old 31-05-2020, 18:59   #753
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

The beeb are now running the story.....HERE
Old 31-05-2020, 19:07   #754
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
The beeb are now running the story.....HERE
"I apologise that during that process, we breached the guidelines. A relationship breakdown is difficult at the best of times, let alone during a pandemic."

yes it's not easy seducing someone else's husband in a lockdown ........
Old 31-05-2020, 19:55   #755
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
I think what Hugh is trying to say is Dom has saved us all from the plague from the EU and the Labour party we all owe him our gratitude maybe a clap at 8 oclock tonight ,what a hero
Thank you for papasplaining - feel free to give Dom your clap...

---------- Post added at 18:55 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
At a loose end on Sundays are you?

He may be “in contact” and attend meeting left right and center - I would expect him to, but you think he’s leading the government response to the pandemic?

You obviously think he’s more talented than I do.
It’s interesting that you believe the PM’s Chief Advisor doesn’t have a major input* to Coronavirus policy or tactical responses, and other areas of policy...

*no one said "leading" until you tried your straw man argument to move the goal posts from "It is also debatable whether he has had anything to shape government policy on the pandemic"
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 31-05-2020, 19:58   #756
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

I’m tired of the pettiness on display in this thread.

I’ve had enough. This thread closes tonight for good.
Old 31-05-2020, 20:53   #757
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’m quite looking forward to going back to square one to be honest, it’ll expose Government failings and crash the economy more than at present. We’ve got more cases and recorded deaths than when we went into lockdown.
So I was right all along. You really do want to see our economy wrecked and our public services collapse.

The reason for your views now fully explained!

On the whole, the government has done a pretty good job. This has been a hellish problem to deal with, at a time when the government was trying to deal with Brexit issues and putting this country onto a better footing following the period of austerity. Most people who criticise them are trying to be wise after the event. Others wanted a full scale lockdown from the start, even though any lockdown could not be sustained for long and would have resulted in the measures being breached more and more at the most critical time.

And through the crisis we have people carping on about relatively minor issues, such as the Cummings affair when the police are not even that sure he actually committed an offence. What kind of pedantic and picky society are we becoming? Thank heavens Mick is closing this thread down. I am not alone in saying I am thoroughly sick and tired of all this pettiness.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 31-05-2020 at 21:03.
Old 31-05-2020, 21:11   #758
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
So I was right all along. You really do want to see our economy wrecked and our public services collapse.

The reason for your views now fully explained!
Sarcasm evidently lost on you.

On the contrary, I've consistently said what needs to be done, but if people disagree, don't want to listen or politicians want to ignore reality then there's only so much others can do. These decisions have deadly consequences, just like Herd Immunity Week back in March.

Quote:
On the whole, the government has done a pretty good job.
I'm assuming this line is for comedy value.

Quote:
This has been a hellish problem to deal with, at a time when the government was trying to deal with Brexit issues and putting this country onto a better footing following the period of austerity. Most people who criticise them are trying to be wise after the event. Others wanted a full scale lockdown from the start, even though any lockdown could not be sustained for long and would have resulted in the measures being breached more and more at the most critical time.

And through the crisis we have people carping on about relatively minor issues, such as the Cummings affair when the police are not even that sure he actually committed an offence. What kind of pedantic and picky society are we becoming? Thank heavens Mick is closing this thread down. I am not alone in saying I am thoroughly sick and tired of all this pettiness.
I too look forward to the thread closing, it's becoming tiresome watching Pierre, papa smurf and yourself defend Cummings at all costs. If forum members cannot display any objectivity, and continue to beatify Cummings and the Conservatives because of Brexit, then discussion is pretty much futile.
Old 31-05-2020, 21:25   #759
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Looking forward to this evening when this particular thread is closed.