Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What game are you playing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion

What game are you playing

Old 14-06-2008, 00:17   #496
SB_07
Inactive

Services: V+ XL/20MB BB.
SB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: what game are you playing

Prizefighter on 360, some of the fights are very frustrating.
SB_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-06-2008, 03:36   #497
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Mgs4
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2008, 14:45   #498
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

I'm still playing COD4, I'm obsessed with getting my gold cross 10th prestige, at present I'm on my 9th so I'm nearly there..phew. BTW Game have just released the top 100 games ever as voted for by the consumer.

http://www.game.co.uk/greatestgames/...-greatestgames
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2008, 14:54   #499
AndyIggs83
Inactive

Services: NTL TV & 10MB BB
AndyIggs83 will become famous soon enoughAndyIggs83 will become famous soon enoughAndyIggs83 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to AndyIggs83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB_07 View Post
Prizefighter on 360, some of the fights are very frustrating.
Agree with you on that one!!
AndyIggs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2008, 16:19   #500
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2 downloaded from The Xbox Live Marketplace on my Xbox 360.
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2008, 19:56   #501
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEONKNIGHT View Post
Playing this aswell but the Xbox360 version.

I'm currently stuck and annoyed on Chapter 3 of the game.

Hah, further than me then!

I'm currently stuck and annoyed at the end of Chapter 2 - can't kill the boss (big samurai bloke on a horse, with loads of sorcerers backing him up).

I don't mind games being challenging, or having the occasional frustrating bit. I got annoyed at times with GTA IV, Halo 3, & various other games. But they always felt fair, & they always held my interest enough to make me persevere & try try again... and I finished them.

NG1 though... seems to be taking the micky a bit, I think. It's simply not fun getting your butt handed to you repeatedly, & being made to feel useless. And the story doesn't hold my interest enough to make me keep going.

I rarely give up on games. I always try & finish them. I even finished Assassin's Creed, despite it quickly becoming horrendously tedious, because the story held my interest & I wanted to see how it panned out, plus I felt it'd be a waste of £40 to just give up.

If a game is single player only, & has no real replay value, then I trade it in after I finish it.

The last game I gave up on was Devil May Cry 4, not due to being too hard (it wasn't), but due to finding it boring to play, with not enough story to keep my interest. Ditto for Lost Planet. Both got traded in.

Ninja Gaiden though... too hard, not fun, doesn't hold my interest...So I think I'm gonna shelve it indefinitely (would trade it in, but it's a US version).
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2008, 23:52   #502
kingbuxton
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV/Tinternet/Phone (Home)
kingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quads

Just completed COD4 - WOW - very good indeed.

Quote:
I'm still playing COD4, I'm obsessed with getting my gold cross 10th prestige
Where is that?

100 Greatest Games! Half Life at 18 - gimme a break. COD4 is good, not better than Half-Life 1 or 2 taking Gfx into consideration. Then I see Dungeon Keeper 2, System Shock 2 and Vice City aren't even in the list.
kingbuxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2008, 20:08   #503
NEONKNIGHT

Thumbs up Re: what game are you playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Hah, further than me then!

Ninja Gaiden though... too hard, not fun, doesn't hold my interest...So I think I'm gonna shelve it indefinitely (would trade it in, but it's a US version).
Have to agree with you about NGII I've got rid of it now and got Devil May Cry (honest)

I've also picked up a copy of Civilization Revolution -which is rather good and a nice change of pace/game compared to what I usually pick up.
Old 15-06-2008, 20:28   #504
ruddock08
cf.addict

Services: VIVID 200 Broadband + BT Whole Home WiFi
ruddock08 is on a distinguished roadruddock08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ruddock08

COD4 Online
ruddock08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2008, 20:35   #505
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I've also picked up a copy of Civilization Revolution
Gonna get this one myself after I finished MGS. Played the demo and also really like the change of pace. Seems a really well done game.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2008, 22:14   #506
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuxton View Post
Just completed COD4 - WOW - very good indeed.

Where is that?

100 Greatest Games! Half Life at 18 - gimme a break. COD4 is good, not better than Half-Life 1 or 2 taking Gfx into consideration. Then I see Dungeon Keeper 2, System Shock 2 and Vice City aren't even in the list.
When playing COD4 on line your character ranks up from level 1 to level 55, upon reaching level 55 you can prestige, which basically means start ranking up again but keeping your overall score. Each time you do this you get different marker by your name, up till a maximum of ten prestige's which gives you the coveted gold cross.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2008, 22:45   #507
SB_07
Inactive

Services: V+ XL/20MB BB.
SB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation era

Will be playing the orange box soon, got it off ebay for £17.50, heard alot of good stuff about it so thought i'd give it a go.
SB_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2008, 23:00   #508
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Metal Gear Solid 4

Quote:
Have to agree with you about NGII I've got rid of it now and got Devil May Cry (honest)

I've also picked up a copy of Civilization Revolution -which is rather good and a nice change of pace/game compared to what I usually pick up.

Heh, well DMC is certainly easier than NG (I think everything is!). I got a bit bored of it, though.

Civ looks excellent! Seen lots of good reviews for it.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 08:39   #509
NEONKNIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Metal Gear Solid 4

Heh, well DMC is certainly easier than NG (I think everything is!). I got a bit bored of it, though.

Civ looks excellent! Seen lots of good reviews for it.
I can confirm, in my opinion anyway, that Civilization Revolution is excellent after completeing a game/tutorial. It's looking like a very addictive game. Well worth a purchase IMO - suppose the PC brigade will be moaning about the shift from PC to console but I think it has been done extremely well. I'd give it a good 8/10 and still to play multiplayer which could change the score. Great game.
Old 16-06-2008, 13:58   #510
NEONKNIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Gonna get this one myself after I finished MGS. Played the demo and also really like the change of pace. Seems a really well done game.
Its a very polished game and it deserves success, it has depth and apparently the multiplayer aspect is very good but i've still to try this yet. A review I've read has said that its the best strategy game on console to date - which I think says it all.

Playing the game for the first time last night and going nuclear with my civilization was a hoot! - sending an atomic missile halfway around the game world was brilliant stuff! and i've still to reach space exploration!