Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo 6 replacement?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

TiVo 6 replacement?

Old 27-02-2020, 00:43   #1
jepton
jepton

Services: TiVo, Broadband, TV pack M
jepton is on a distinguished roadjepton is on a distinguished road
TiVo 6 replacement?

Is TiVo 6 the latest box or has it been upgraded. I am getting lots of missed recordings on my mine. For example I have it set to record BBC news at 10pm and then the local bbc London news. I get the 10 o clock news recorded twice.
When watching delayed TV if i am delayed more than about 30 minutes and a different program starts on the same channel, it jumps to the new program and skips the rest of the delayed program.
It’s a real pain. Should I ask for an upgrade?
John
In Bromley area ex C&W
jepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-02-2020, 08:16   #2
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TiVo 6 replacement?

it looks like you have a problem with your tivo. I dont think there is a new model yet so you may need to have your T6 replaced as it like its going fail eventually
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2020, 09:22   #3
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Have you tried restating the box - hold down the standby button on the front of your box for five seconds or unplug it from the main power supply, wait 20 seconds and then plug it back in.

If that doesn’t help, try re-setting it (you’ll lose all your recorded programs, series links, etc. If you do this, but that will happen with a new box too).

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/vir...reset-your-box
Quote:
The best way to solve most issues is to reset your box. To do this:

Press Home on your remote
Select Help & Settings
Select Clear or reset TiVo box
Select one of the options
NOTE: If your Virgin TV V6 box isn’t responding to your remote, use the Power switch on the back on your Virgin TV V6 box.

If this doesn't work, unplug the box from the power supply, wait 20 seconds, and then plug it back in.

Still not working? If it feels hot it may have overheated. Make sure there are no other devices on top of your Virgin TV V6 box, turn it off and wait until it feels cool to the touch before trying again.

The options for Clear or reset TiVo box are:

Restart the Virgin TV V6 box
Follow the on screen instructions to restart your box. Your Virgin TV V6 box can take up to 5 minutes to restart.

Clear Thumb ratings and Suggestions
Removes all Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down ratings and deletes the list of upcoming Suggestions. It won’t delete anything in My Shows. So you can’t do this by mistake, this option is PIN protected as well.

Clear programme information & My Planned Recordings
Clears all programme information, cancels Series Links and everything in My Planned Recordings, and removes all Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down ratings. It won’t delete anything in My Shows. So you can’t do this by mistake, this option is PIN protected as well. Next time the Virgin TV V6 box connects to the Virgin Media network it will gather new programme information. It takes about an hour to complete this process.

Clear & delete everything
This clears everything from the box including Series Links, Wish List searches, Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down ratings, Suggestions, information, everything from My Shows and resets Parental Controls. This option is PIN protected and takes about an hour to complete.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2020, 12:06   #4
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jepton View Post
Is TiVo 6 the latest box or has it been upgraded. I am getting lots of missed recordings on my mine. For example I have it set to record BBC news at 10pm and then the local bbc London news. I get the 10 o clock news recorded twice.
When watching delayed TV if i am delayed more than about 30 minutes and a different program starts on the same channel, it jumps to the new program and skips the rest of the delayed program.
It’s a real pain. Should I ask for an upgrade?
John
In Bromley area ex C&W
The best thing to do with consecutive programmes on the same channel is to extend the recording time manually or set a manual recording.

The delay TV issue is a common one especially if recordings are set on the same channel, as when the recording starts it flushes the delay buffer.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2020, 15:47   #5
jepton
jepton

Services: TiVo, Broadband, TV pack M
jepton is on a distinguished roadjepton is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your help.
John
jepton is offline   Reply With Quote