Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems

The Xbox One Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 00:59   #3106
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Here is the first list of backwards compatibility games that will be available from 12th November.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...-compatibility

Was hoping for Forza 3 and Forza 4 in the list

Hopefully @ some point they will be included
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2015, 01:00   #3107
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Start your engines people, today is the expected release day for Windows 10 and the new look dash on the Xbox One as well as over 100 backwards compatible Xbox360 games able to run on the Xbox One.

Also don't forget all games with gold 360 games will also run too, so don't miss those downloads!
Old 12-11-2015, 01:10   #3108
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Start your engines people, today is the expected release day for Windows 10 and the new look dash on the Xbox One as well as over 100 backwards compatible Xbox360 games able to run on the Xbox One.

Also don't forget all games with gold 360 games will also run too, so don't miss those downloads!

Global roll out starts 08:01 UK Time

Edit: Forgot theeee linkage

http://majornelson.com/2015/11/11/gl...nce-on-nov-12/

djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:36   #3109
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

It maybe a 3gb download as I missed 2 updates and had to do that!

I recommend setting consoles to 'instant on' to grab it while at work.

---------- Post added at 00:36 ---------- Previous post was at 00:14 ----------

I wonder if my preview build will update, currently on 1006.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:37   #3110
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

This hasn't dropped for me yet, still no 360 games in my games list that are available to install.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:49   #3111
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Xbox One Windows 10 update begins rolling out http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/11/x...0-back-compat/

Says in that it's rolling out from 3am est but back compatibility won't switch on till 3pm est.

So a while to wait
Old 12-11-2015, 11:56   #3112
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Xbox One Windows 10 update begins rolling out http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/11/x...0-back-compat/

Says in that it's rolling out from 3am est but back compatibility won't switch on till 3pm est.

So a while to wait
Yes we posted that info a few posts ago. although i didn't notice the 3pm for backwards compatibility i read it as 3am! haha

It rolls out in the UK from 8:01am today, guess it'll drop while i am at work.

---------- Post added at 10:56 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

Got an issue trying to install a disc based game from the 360 compatibility list! Says network problems!!!

Does anyone else have the same issue as my NAT is currently set as STRICT due to router issues and i would like to find out if someone with an OPEN NAT experiences the same problems?
Old 12-11-2015, 20:28   #3113
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Don't forget to update your controllers after the NXOE

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 21:03   #3114
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Did that last week, just headset related isnt it?
Old 15-11-2015, 18:29   #3115
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

How do you use the 360 mode?

Do you just stick the 360 game in the console and hope its BC?
Old 15-11-2015, 18:34   #3116
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
How do you use the 360 mode?

Do you just stick the 360 game in the console and hope its BC?
Basically yes, it will tell you to download it if it works or not, here is a list though of current games this month. http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/b...vailable-games

But alot of the digital games that you should/could of downloaded with games with gold each month do also run, all future games with gold will run on the Xbox One.

To install those digital games you will find them in your games list of the Xbox One right over the right hand side, it can take a min or so to pop up if you haven't seen it before.

Let me know how you get on.
Old 20-11-2015, 22:42   #3117
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Its a shame you can't do party mode cross platform Yet.

I means I could chat to my nephew.

I have noticed that some of the games I've never heard of

---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Am I also right in thinking that the graphics have been tweeked.
Old 20-11-2015, 23:10   #3118
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Its a shame you can't do party mode cross platform Yet.

I means I could chat to my nephew.

I have noticed that some of the games I've never heard of

---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Am I also right in thinking that the graphics have been tweeked.
No nothing has been tweaked, it is basically an Xbox 360 game running in a VM, ie if you press both the little controller buttons together it brings up the what looks like a normal Xbox 360 dashboard.
Old 25-11-2015, 13:49   #3119
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Just posting to say I put my Gamertag up for anyone who wants to add me.

I recently got an Xbox One (My Partner bought one as an early Xmas Present) and I'm pretty happy so far. I love the controller and will likely use it on PC too, and EA Access is brilliant.

Still getting used to the system but the OneGuide is better than TiVo UI in some ways and I get on with the UI pretty well. So far so good.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 16:31   #3120
adduxi
cf.addict

adduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of lightadduxi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
<snip>
Does anyone else have the same issue as my NAT is currently set as STRICT due to router issues and i would like to find out if someone with an OPEN NAT experiences the same problems?
Yes, I've had a Strict NAT ever since I got the XBox One. Never gave it any thought. However I've recently tried to do Port Forwarding, but gave up on my TP-Link router. Running my SH in router mode, so it's not an issue.

I might give the DMZ route a try, but no too sure about the security of this. I don't leave my XBox on if I'm not using it, i.e. switch off at wall, so it might be okay.?
adduxi is offline   Reply With Quote