Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ch5's Gadget Show to Review the TiVo V6 next week(17th March)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Ch5's Gadget Show to Review the TiVo V6 next week(17th March)

Old 19-03-2017, 11:21   #31
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Ch5's Gadget Show to Review the TiVo V6 next week(17th March)

I'm now on the latest Sky Q Software and on the whole it's been pretty flawless in operation and offers us far more than Sky+HD ever did.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-03-2017, 11:33   #32
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'm now on the latest Sky Q Software and on the whole it's been pretty flawless in operation and offers us far more than Sky+HD ever did.
As l say not everybody gets the same experience sadly MM but one should not exaggerate the problems like some do sometimes.
Old 19-03-2017, 11:43   #33
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
As l say not everybody gets the same experience sadly MM but one should not exaggerate the problems like some do sometimes.
Agreed both Virgin and Sky know exactly how many problems.are being reported via the many channels such as call centres , online community , social media etc and direct resources accordingly.

Reading online forums and assuming everyone is having problems is something most people do , just look at the current next gen Youview software there are many many disgruntled punters posting on the forums giving the perception everyone hates it when in fact it's still probably the minority.
Old 19-03-2017, 12:20   #34
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

I hadn't watched the Gadget Show for a long time as the presenters and those pointless and tedious 'challenges' used to annoy me but I did record this edition especially to see their review of the V6. I have had a pair of V6s for more than six weeks and I am pleased with them but if I had watched this show and their lukewarm review I might have postponed updating my slow and buggy TiVo boxes. The potential of daisy-chaining boxes together was not mentioned at all but IMO John Bentley hit the nail on the head when he bemoaned the lack of 4K content and especially when he said that what many people want - me included - is the widest variety of programming (he mentioned Netflix, Amazon and Now TV) all available via the same box. I can only hope that Virgin Media were listening and took notes.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 13:01   #35
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
As an ex sky subscriber (17 years) who has recently switched to v6:-

There are far more errors reported on SkyQ.

Well used features from skyHD were omitted from SkyQ software (much to chagrin of many users)

Errors are minor on V6 when compared to those on SkyQ.

Virgin seem a bit more open with regard to admitting errors exist than sky (who often deny any such problem is known to them, do not pre-advise what problems are to be fixed in upcoming releases - or when release is happening)

Without doubt both systems are an Improvement when they work.
Kind of think i may of dodged a bullet with SKYQ at time i went back to SKY as offer was for 2tb SKYQ box however housing association were being awkward and wouldn't let SKY upgrade the system even though SKY were happy to do it for free lol so ended up with sky+hd box i bought from cash converters, sky were good enough to allow me to still keep my offer and said just check back when contract ends for skyq.
It will be interesting next year when SKY launch SKYQ online with their online tv service.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 23:52   #36
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Has the latest SkyQ software got

1) manual recording?

2) favourite channels?

3) reminders?

All of these used to be available on sky+HD
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 00:05   #37
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:

1) manual recording?

2) favourite channels?

3) reminders?

Did you see the part were I said for us , if I'm honest I haven't a clue as I hardly ever used any of the above even when on Sky+HD. I never record Sport , I pay a Premium to watch Live. Most of the US Sport I watch on Sky Sports is generally available in HD the morning after via On Demand so really no need to record and it saves FF the ad breaks.
Old 20-03-2017, 00:20   #38
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

1) manual recording?

2) favourite channels?

3) reminders?

I would be rather surprised if you didn't have manual recording, but not bothered about the others. To this day, I can't see why people need to be 'reminded' that the box is recording a programme! Bizarre!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 06:51   #39
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I would be rather surprised if you didn't have manual recording, but not bothered about the others. To this day, I can't see why people need to be 'reminded' that the box is recording a programme! Bizarre!
Oh dear you seem to have rather put your foot in it again my wise sage.
Old 20-03-2017, 08:39   #40
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Oh dear you seem to have rather put your foot in it again my wise sage.
Well, things tend to be a bit quiet at the beginning of the week!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 11:06   #41
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Sky Q doesn't have manual recording I believe that said I wouldn't know if it's been added as I've never used it on any box.
Old 20-03-2017, 15:07   #42
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Does sky q have dynamic epg?
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 15:56   #43
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Don't know, but the TiVo does to an extent.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 16:14   #44
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Does sky q have dynamic epg?
I believe the schedule can be updated on the fly by the broadcaster just like with Sky+HD.
Old 20-03-2017, 16:20   #45
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Don't know, but the TiVo does to an extent.
TiVo and V6 absolutely do not have a dynamic EPG.
The guide is only updated 4 times a day on these boxes and can't accommodate last minute schedule changes.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote