Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Soaps During Lockdown

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Soaps During Lockdown

Old 04-05-2020, 01:10   #1
Eastendersfan
cf.member

Eastendersfan is an unknown quantity at this point
The Soaps During Lockdown

I don't know if it's just me but are you guys starting to care less about the soaps during the lockdown? I am a massive Eastenders fan but for the first time I can honestly say that I am not to bothered if I watch it or not. I think it might have something to do with the cut from four episodes to two. It is much harder to keep up with it and what with the daily drama that is playing out on our tv sets, it's hard to take the fictional dramas of Albert Square that seriously. Are you guys finding it harder to care about the soap plotlines during the pandemic?
Eastendersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2020, 02:34   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: The Soaps During Lockdown

From my POV, its impossible for me to care less about them than I ever have.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:27   #3
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

It will be interesting if for once they actually mention a huge worldwide pandemic when they finally return.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:53   #4
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

I'm with Paul.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:04   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Words cannot describe how I feel about it this:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...sodes-11982688

How sad and pathetic that the only thing they can find to replace coronation street when they have run out of new episodes is old episodes. When we have discussed soaps and terrestrial tv in the past I have questioned the lack of quality US programming and how much we are missing out on. I can rattle off tonnes of old series they could put on in place of Coronation Street. Why not do X-Files from the start or Heroes or Lost? If it is a questions of the demographic put Grey's Anatomy on, there are 16 full seasons so even if you put an episode on a day like Coronation Street you still got enough to keep you going several months until they can resume filming. It does my head in and it is like they have got tunnel vision for shit. If anything was going to give them a kick up the ass and make them think outside the box and broaden their horizons this would be but all they are doing is stooping to a new low.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:08   #6
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Not a lover of modern soaps personally but sometimes one has to grin and bear it.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:26   #7
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Not a lover of modern soaps personally but sometimes one has to grin and bear it.
Or watch one of the many other options on TV. That's one of the benefits these days. Not so long ago it was just a choice of 3 channels.

Or people might rediscover life beyond TV and do something more productive. Gardening, DIY, knitting, homebrew, that sort of thing Better than wasting an incredible amount of time on all the latest soap vitriol.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:36   #8
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Or watch one of the many other options on TV. That's one of the benefits these days. Not so long ago it was just a choice of 3 channels.

Or people might rediscover life beyond TV and do something more productive. Gardening, DIY, knitting, homebrew, that sort of thing Better than wasting an incredible amount of time on all the latest soap vitriol.
There are many options even being in the same room with using the laptop or another device.

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

l would have thought the knitting was right up your street Mr K but alas the the possibility of homebrew might keep you more occupied.
Old 04-05-2020, 16:58   #9
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
How sad and pathetic that the only thing they can find to replace coronation street when they have run out of new episodes is old episodes.
While I cannot work out how anyone ever has any interest in soaps, I dont see the issue here, replacing like for like seems right to me.

Old 04-05-2020, 19:00   #10
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

because they are missing an opportunity to improve and do better. Strive for excellence!
Old 04-05-2020, 21:31   #11
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
because they are missing an opportunity to improve and do better. Strive for excellence!
I'm afraid that's not an opinion shared by all.
While I cannot stand soaps, others seem to love them.

Old 04-05-2020, 22:03   #12
General Maximus
Ran Away

Well they are wrong. We know best
Old 05-05-2020, 21:32   #13
Eastendersfan
cf.member

Eastendersfan is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't see what the problem is either. Soap lovers will expect something similar, even if it means going backwards. I would take that when Eastenders runs out of episodes
Eastendersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 10:32   #14
General Maximus
Ran Away

have you ever watched Grey's Anatomy?
Old 06-05-2020, 10:52   #15
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm afraid that's not an opinion shared by all.
While I cannot stand soaps, others seem to love them.

You are correct saying that some love the soap
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote