Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 24-01-2018, 22:35   #271
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Got Virgin Media UK or Virgin Media Ireland News?

If yes PM me right now and WE will post it.

But We will not post it if YOU put an DNP (Do Not Post) order in it.

Any info will be use under the Media Boy (UK) brand.

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
The launch of the Sony Crime Channel is already falling apart... only a few days after the announcement that the channel would be available on Freeview, Sky and Virgin their carriage on Virgin appears to have fallen through.

Virgin's logo and channel number have been removed from the website and reports no longer mention Virgin.

Sony probably thought that they could get away with removing pay channel Sony Channel and replacing it with free channel Sony Crime Channel and Virgin would carry on paying for it, but they've since told them to sod off!
Look like Sony is not willing to pay for the all new Sony Crime Channel. All channels Free to View on Sky or on Freeview all need to pay. Also Sony Channel is getting money off Virgin Media due to it being an "Pay Channel".

TiVo are still broadcasting listing for Sony Channel up to Feb. 7th.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 24-01-2018, 23:13   #272
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, good to read it is coming, but I'm disappointed for sports enthusiasts that this won't be in time for the Winter Olympics.

Unless, of course, VM propose to stream from Eurosport UHD. However, I would have thought that we'd know about that by now if it was happening.

I agree about missing jj20x. Nobody should let one contributor put you off posting. I'm afraid that unwelcome personal remarks are a fact of life on discussion forums and social media.
Agree. Real shame no news yet about Eurosport UHD and of JJ20X leaving. Let's hope he returns.
Old 24-01-2018, 23:38   #273
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
The current True Crime (not available on VM) will continue as Sony Crime Channel 2.
Apparently, all the crime drama will be on the Sony Crime Channel (Currently the Sony Channel) eg CSI, Hustle, Line of Duty etc and all the documentaries will be on the Sony Crime Channel 2 (currently True Crime).

At the moment it looks like neither will be coming to VM, so the only change as far as VM customers are concerned is that the Sony Channel will be closing.

---------- Post added at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 23:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Agree. Real shame no news yet about Eurosport UHD and of JJ20X leaving. Let's hope he returns.
He's still posting his news as normal on Digital Spy:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...-channels/p109
Old 24-01-2018, 23:47   #274
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
At the moment it looks like neither will be coming to VM, so the only change as far as VM customers are concerned is that the Sony Channel will be closing.
A criminal loss.

Quote:

Thanks.
Old 25-01-2018, 05:57   #275
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Apparently, all the crime drama will be on the Sony Crime Channel (Currently the Sony Channel) eg CSI, Hustle, Line of Duty etc and all the documentaries will be on the Sony Crime Channel 2 (currently True Crime).

---------- Post added at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 23:38 ----------

Forgot to say that VM viewers will be able to watch the opening night of the Sony Crime Channel (1) as it's being simulcast on True Entertainment and truTV.
Old 25-01-2018, 10:18   #276
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Hi all...sorry I've not been around much, work has been crazy.

I was reading through the old posts...the ones about V6 being swapped was spookily accurate lol. I read an article that VM will start doing this any time soon.
Old 25-01-2018, 10:33   #277
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Think the BBC may be doing it in UHD possibly via red button though, MB will prob know more on that.

---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

No apologies if it seemed like i was having a go at you, but VM aren't the innocent they make themselves out to be.
It's no secret in here i have a grudge against vm after they messed up my credit file through fault of theirs not mine, they demanded money from me despite i had evidence showing i had paid my final bill, returned equipment yet they still got a CCJ against me and i'm not the only one they have done this too either.
But i stand by the reason Sony crime won't be on vm is down to the price vm are asking to be on their platform, this is why freesport isn't on vm either.
I thought it was the other way around? Channels pay sky for channel space. Whilst Virgin have to pay channels to appear on their platform

Which is why BT bought a slot on sky yet didn’t have a deal with sky for carriage and why sky withdrew their channels on virgin media as virgin media wouldn’t pay up?

I just thought virgin are tight and won’t pay up for the Sony channels

Last edited by vincerooney; 25-01-2018 at 10:34. Reason: .
Old 25-01-2018, 11:13   #278
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Netflix is our fourth biggest channel now, says Virgin.

Virgin Media is accelerating the roll-out of its new set-top box amid rising demand for faster access to Netflix, which it said has become its joint fourth biggest channel.

Around 2.8m cable TV households will be entitled to a free upgrade to an ultra-high definition set-top box without signing up for a new contract under Virgin's accelerated roll-out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...ow-saysvirgin/
Old 25-01-2018, 12:48   #279
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Netflix is our fourth biggest channel now, says Virgin.

Virgin Media is accelerating the roll-out of its new set-top box amid rising demand for faster access to Netflix, which it said has become its joint fourth biggest channel.

Around 2.8m cable TV households will be entitled to a free upgrade to an ultra-high definition set-top box without signing up for a new contract under Virgin's accelerated roll-out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...ow-saysvirgin/
So, given the popularity of Netflix on Virgin's V6s, when will you be reporting that Amazon is coming soon, MB?
Old 25-01-2018, 17:30   #280
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

So....you ask to Swap Tivo for V6 and they slap you with activation fees lol....cheeky
Old 25-01-2018, 18:24   #281
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Virgin Media's EPG has just been updated and shows the Sony Channel will continue with a revised schedule and will not close!

Programmes include Satisfaction, Will & Grace, 10 Years Younger, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters International, Community, Spooks, Soldier Soldier, Hot in Cleveland, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, The Guardian, Hustle and movies.

Maybe the channel will also continue on Sky, BT, TalkTalk and TVPlayer?

Looks like the Sony Crime Channel is just a rebrand and revamp of True Crime and not a merger with the Sony Channel as reported.
Old 25-01-2018, 19:04   #282
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Virgin Media's EPG has just been updated and shows the Sony Channel will continue with a revised schedule and will not close!

Programmes include Satisfaction, Will & Grace, 10 Years Younger, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters International, Community, Spooks, Soldier Soldier, Hot in Cleveland, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, The Guardian, Hustle and movies.

Looks like the Sony Crime Channel is just a rebrand and revamp of True Crime and not a merger with the Sony Channel as reported.
Good. We don't need another crime channel.
Old 25-01-2018, 22:34   #283
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Can't see them keeping the channel just for VM viewers, you never know though as Trouble had to continue for a time on cable after it closed due to contractual reasons.

Edit: The new channel will start a week late on Freesat, maybe (as it doesn't look like it's coming to VM) the Sony Channel is going to continue for a further week on Freesat and Virgin??

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I thought it was the other way around? Channels pay sky for channel space. Whilst Virgin have to pay channels to appear on their platform

Which is why BT bought a slot on sky yet didn’t have a deal with sky for carriage and why sky withdrew their channels on virgin media as virgin media wouldn’t pay up?

I just thought virgin are tight and won’t pay up for the Sony channels
A mixture of the above is true for both companies.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 25-01-2018 at 22:38.
Old 25-01-2018, 22:58   #284
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

A new Media Boy Source has told us that Viva Music Channel is to close on January 31st @ 6am and will be replaced by a Temporary pop up channel for Valentines called MTV Loves. This channel will run until March 1st when it will move to channel number 318 and rebrand as MTV OMG. Are Virgin making room for MTV Classic to launch after March 1st?
Old 26-01-2018, 07:42   #285
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Looks like the Sony Channel willconti ue broadcasting on Virgin Media, at least for the time being.

A VM exclusive?

http://www.a516digital.com/2018/01/s...e-channel.html
Closed Thread