Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Snippets & General Information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV Show Snippets & General Information

Old 06-06-2005, 07:28   #136
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Science Fiction & Fantasy Snippets

I remember this I used to think it was great. Trouble repeated it a few years ago.

She froze time by putting together the tips of her index fingers.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092423/
Old 06-06-2005, 15:15   #137
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky
I think so... I think her old man gave her like a new special power now and again. Bit hard to remember, I don't think I have seen it since I was 8.

I remember the song though, weirdly enough (well the first line anyway)

"Would you like to swing to on a star..."

I can't really remember the next two lines, but I think the forsth was "Or would you rather visit earth". Or something.

"...carry moon beams home in a jar?"
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 18:37   #138
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Just a heads up for all those who have not seen all of the Alien Nation TV films... From NEXT friday the sci fi channel is showing them.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 19:19   #139
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers
"...carry moon beams home in a jar?"
...and be better off than you are...

Is the line after the moon beams one.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 19:34   #140
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin
...and be better off than you are...

Is the line after the moon beams one.
- or would you rather be a pig

follows .....

/and what is scary is I remembered that, I didn't look it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
Just a heads up for all those who have not seen all of the Alien Nation TV films... From NEXT friday the sci fi channel is showing them.
thanks dilli, I don't think I have seen any of them all the way through, for some reason - now is my chance
Old 17-06-2005, 19:35   #141
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
them all the way through, for some reason - now is my chance
Not a problem. They're not bad. At least they carried on from the cliff hanger at the end of the tv series.
Old 17-06-2005, 19:37   #142
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Not a problem. They're not bad. At least they carried on from the cliff hanger at the end of the tv series.
And it was nice to get a resolution for once..Too often one is left wondering where the story was going with other series.
Old 17-06-2005, 19:40   #143
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
And it was nice to get a resolution for once..Too often one is left wondering where the story was going with other series.
Very true....

Earth 2
Total Recall 2070
Space: Above and beyond.
Odyssey 5

I got into these and well and truly smegged off with the way they finished.
Old 17-06-2005, 19:50   #144
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Very true....

Earth 2
Total Recall 2070
Odyssey 5

You also forgot John Doe.I was so p*ssed when it finished the way it did...

But I agree totally about Total Recall.What a way to end a story.
Old 17-06-2005, 19:56   #145
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
You also forgot John Doe.I was so p*ssed when it finished the way it did...

But I agree totally about Total Recall.What a way to end a story.
I never saw John Doe.

If I remember rightly I didn't watch it because I found out it had been cancelled.

MMMMmmm - At least Firefly is getting a film
Old 18-06-2005, 18:20   #146
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
- or would you rather be a pig

follows .....

/and what is scary is I remembered that, I didn't look it up

Can also remember....

"Or would you rather live on Earth?

Earthlings are stupid, as plain as can be,

they're not as unique as you or me"

Quote:
Very true....

Earth 2
Total Recall 2070
Odyssey 5

Others which were good but got canned way too soon:

Nowhere Man
The Adventures of Brisco Country, Jr.
Brimstone

I also remember Earth: Final Conflict. Lasted more than one season, but still got killed prematurely in the end.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2005, 18:26   #147
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D

Nowhere Man

Brimstone

I also remember Earth: Final Conflict. Lasted more than one season, but still got killed prematurely in the end.
Nowhere Man DID have a final episode.It was a naff one.

Brimstine was another that I was peed off about as well.

Earth Final Conflict suffered from stars leaving and and the storyline finally being so cr@p I couldn't watch the last series.In the end I couldn't bear the actress they had as the heroine in the final series.She was blonde and useless.All the male totty had gone as well.

As for the ending of Angel.
Old 18-06-2005, 21:56   #148
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Quote:
Nowhere Man DID have a final episode.It was a naff one.

Brimstine was another that I was peed off about as well.

Earth Final Conflict suffered from stars leaving and and the storyline finally being so cr@p I couldn't watch the last series.In the end I couldn't bear the actress they had as the heroine in the final series.She was blonde and useless.All the male totty had gone as well.

As for the ending of Angel.
The ending for Angel was done for a reason though, it was a last ditch effort to get uncanceled or picked up by a different network. So technically that never ended and we may yet get to see the ending.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2005, 21:59   #149
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Though I thought that the ending for Angel was good actually...though with Wesley gone...
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 13:11   #150
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Some recent bits;

Firefly - The move opens on Oct 7th in the UK

Stargate - Series 9 - O'Neill appears eps 1 & 3 and may return later in the series.

Charmed - Series 8 is confirmed, and will probably be the last.

Battlestar Galactica - Series 2 (see below).

Spoiler: 
The series one stories will be wrapped up by episode 7 - Adama is not dead, but recovery is slow - Tigh is in charge. Roslin is in Jail.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote