Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | One show highlights countrywide VM BB issues.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

One show highlights countrywide VM BB issues.

Old 21-02-2021, 01:26   #16
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: One show highlights countrywide VM BB issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
On what actual evidence do you base that ?
There's loads of recent complaints on forums, review sites, facebook groups, their own Community Forum etc. These are mainly about CS issues and not being able to contact anyone, but some are related to broadband issues as highlighted on The One Show.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-02-2021, 10:22   #17
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Richard I am sorry but how often do you ever go on line and post a review saying how satisfied you are about any product or service you receive?

Well you are not alone in not handing out praise very often. The sources you quote on the sites you visit do not reflect every customer only those who have a problem. I am sure that if you could add together the number of complaints you read or hear they would be from a very small minority of each companies customer base.

We are all having to cope with the effects of this pandemic, staffing levels have been effected in every area and VM does not have a magic wand it can use to keep everyone happy.

If you think any other provider is so much better then I am sure they would welcome you with open arms.
Old 21-02-2021, 10:44   #18
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Well I'm happy enough with VM..what problems I have had have soon been resolved.
Old 21-02-2021, 18:27   #19
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
There's loads of recent complaints on forums, review sites, facebook groups, their own Community Forum etc.
And they are a fraction of the total customers, the vast majority of which have no issues, and never need to visit review sites, fakebook, or forums.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 19:44   #20
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I cant play this, it says it only works for people in the UK.

My IP address is UK and ive also tried using a VPN and still the same.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 21:54   #21
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

VM Dont seem to be doing terribly well in a current MSE poll: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/po...and-provider-/
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 22:16   #22
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Richard I am sorry but how often do you ever go on line and post a review saying how satisfied you are about any product or service you receive?

Well you are not alone in not handing out praise very often. The sources you quote on the sites you visit do not reflect every customer only those who have a problem. I am sure that if you could add together the number of complaints you read or hear they would be from a very small minority of each companies customer base.

We are all having to cope with the effects of this pandemic, staffing levels have been effected in every area and VM does not have a magic wand it can use to keep everyone happy.

If you think any other provider is so much better then I am sure they would welcome you with open arms.
I tend to review exceptionaly positive or negative experiences, but not neutral experiences.

They've had nearly a year to deal with the fallout from the pandemic and most organisations have managed to sort things out using various methods. The deterioration in CS seemed to start when Liberty Global bought the company, well before the pandemic.

However, I do actually think that the problems with VM are exacerbated by them outsourcing so much to those dreadful (but cheaper) offshore call centres. The pandemic must have hit them harder and this has come back to bite VM on the bum.

Edit: Found this: https://www.ft.com/content/75d22f10-...f-41bea055720b

Your last sentence accurately sums up the arrogant attitude of VM these days ie like it or sod off!!!

At the moment, I personally have no issues with VM & have been adequately compensated for the absolutely shocking service that I was subject to, but I am aware that this is not the case for many people, many of whom don't have access to legal advice & representation.

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post
VM Dont seem to be doing terribly well in a current MSE poll: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/po...and-provider-/
The only provider worse than VM is Vodafone!

I haven't got any experience of this company, I wonder why their customers rate them as even worse than VM??
Old 21-02-2021, 22:25   #23
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

I haven't got any experience of this company, I wonder why their customers rate them as even worse than VM??
I also have Vodafone BB, and have never had any issues with it (or them).

The only time I contacted their customer service was to get my router username and password, which they happily provided.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2021, 23:04   #24
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

There are a few people I know having packetloss issues in Weston Super Mare area on VM at the moment. It has been pretty much unusable for them all weekend, losses even to the first hop 62.252.112.5.

Mine is fortunately ok for now.
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 08:39   #25
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Then maybe the other providers need to spend some money and build a better network.

Instead of having a dig at VM " nothing new there BTW" have a dig at the other providers who have not bothered to build better backbones and local networks. If you knew how much is spent each year by VM on updating and expanding there network you would understand why we have faster speeds. BTW i am not going to say how much before you ask

Screen shot below is my speed at 20-02-2021 21.27
Nynex built much of VM's infrastructure around here and it still works. I chose them not for broadband but because in a storm when I needed tp phone in an emergency BT was down but my neighbours Nynex service worked a treat. VM has it's downtimes from time to time but never for any length of time.
Old 23-02-2021, 00:01   #26
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I tend to review exceptionaly positive or negative experiences, but not neutral experiences.

They've had nearly a year to deal with the fallout from the pandemic and most organisations have managed to sort things out using various methods. The deterioration in CS seemed to start when Liberty Global bought the company, well before the pandemic.

However, I do actually think that the problems with VM are exacerbated by them outsourcing so much to those dreadful (but cheaper) offshore call centres. The pandemic must have hit them harder and this has come back to bite VM on the bum.

Edit: Found this: https://www.ft.com/content/75d22f10-...f-41bea055720b

Your last sentence accurately sums up the arrogant attitude of VM these days ie like it or sod off!!!

At the moment, I personally have no issues with VM & have been adequately compensated for the absolutely shocking service that I was subject to, but I am aware that this is not the case for many people, many of whom don't have access to legal advice & representation.

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

Correction: I read it wrong, Virgin Media have the worst rating, not Vodafone.