Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ISP Virgin Media UK to Launch Surprise 600Mbps Broadband Tier

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

ISP Virgin Media UK to Launch Surprise 600Mbps Broadband Tier

Old 30-06-2020, 17:14   #31
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: ISP Virgin Media UK to Launch Surprise 600Mbps Broadband Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelstar View Post
100% agree. That's very clearly on the cards, especially if you look up whom some of the investors are in these various outfits.
The theory was that Vodafone would buy them at some stage but Vodafone seems to have decided to go the Openreach way.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2020, 21:15   #32
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I cant find anything to do with the new tier on virgins website nor can u upgrade by logging in to your account.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 21:27   #33
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
I cant find anything to do with the new tier on virgins website nor can u upgrade by logging in to your account.
From the link.

Quote:
The changes are expected to be announced at some point around the end of this month or perhaps during July.
Old 01-07-2020, 21:46   #34
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bun...e-oomph-bundle

Quote:
Exclusive upgrade to M600 coming soon – only with this bundle
Quote:
Got a need for speed? We’ve got you covered

We’re always working our socks off to help keep you connected with the very best of our ultrafast broadband speeds – that’s why we'll soon be giving all new and existing Ultimate Oomph customers a cheeky broadband boost from M500 Fibre Broadband to M600. We’re aiming to automatically boost your speeds at no extra cost by 31st March 2021, but we hope to have most of our Ultimate Oomph customers upgraded earlier. We’ll be in touch to let you know when your upgrade’s complete. Until then, sit back, relax and enjoy everything the Ultimate Oomph bundle has to offer!
Old 02-07-2020, 10:20   #35
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I've just found out that gig1 is available to me. It's tempting for sure, though it's an extra £20+ a month.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 16:48   #36
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

As I'm currently out of contract with VM I've just signed up for the M500 broadband however I'm not sure I was told the entire truth about it, hopefully someone who is VM staff reads this and can confirm it was the truth I've been told and I was not conned into a package I didn't want.

My out of contract price for 350 meg BB and basic talk weekend phone line is £59 a month,
however I was told I could upgrade to the 500 meg package for £62 a month for BB only or £69 a month for BB and phone, so far so good and all seemed reasonable, but then I was told either of these packages would entail signing up to an 18 month contract or I could sign up for the Oomph package with a 5GB data, unlimited calls and texts sim for only £52 a month with the same 18 month contract.
This didn't compute with my brain and I asked at least 3 times about each package and the contract length, each time I was told all had an 18 month term contract.
I've signed up for the Oomph package on those terms but would really appreciate any VM staff advising if I have been told correctly whilst I still have time to cancel that contract.
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 16:59   #37
Kushan

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Nobody from VM staff will be able to respond properly to this query as it's account specific and they shouldn't be detailing account specific stuff on a public forum.

Your best bet would be to ring Virgin back and ask them about the details of your contract. £52/month for that package is a fantastic deal though, if you have it.
Old 02-07-2020, 17:10   #38
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Nobody from VM staff will be able to respond properly to this query as it's account specific and they shouldn't be detailing account specific stuff on a public forum.

Your best bet would be to ring Virgin back and ask them about the details of your contract. £52/month for that package is a fantastic deal though, if you have it.
I have that package but I wouldn't have minded paying the other prices if the contract term was less,
its mainly that 18 month quote for all packages that has me a little concerned.
Old 02-07-2020, 20:11   #39
mike86
cf.addict

mike86 is on a distinguished roadmike86 is on a distinguished road

£52/month for Ultimate Oomph?
mike86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 20:17   #40
buckeye
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike86 View Post
£52/month for Ultimate Oomph?
No its a new Oomph package, this one includes a 5GB data with unlimited calls and texts sim.
If M500 is in your area there are several Oomph deals available now as well as non Oomph packages to get the M500 BB speed.
Old 02-07-2020, 21:13   #41
mike86
cf.addict

mike86 is on a distinguished roadmike86 is on a distinguished road

Just spoke to them and they denied that bundle exists. The best they could offer me was £62/month for 350Mb, Mixit TV, and weekend calls. I declined.
mike86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 23:00   #42
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Been with VM (and it's other names) for more than 20'ish years I'm paying £54.50 for the M350 Broadband only, but I'm tempted by BT's Full Fibre 900

900 down 110 Up with a Stay Fast Guarantee of 455Mb for just £4.49 more.

I'll give CS a call tomorrow to see what retentions can do.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 23:11   #43
Kushan

WTF is a "Stay fast guarantee"?

I pay £42/month for M350 so you're definitely being overcharged. But Pure fibre is a much better connection if you can get it!
Old 02-07-2020, 23:20   #44
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
WTF is a "Stay fast guarantee"?
https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/wh...ast-guarantee-

It's BT's version of the OFCOM Speed Code scheme
Old 02-07-2020, 23:39   #45
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Quote:
I pay £42/month for M350 so you're definitely being overcharged. But Pure fibre is a much better connection if you can get it!
I was paying £36pm throughout the 18 month contract, then it increased, like they said it would, to £48pm and now paying £54.50 since February.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote