Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 29-07-2017, 22:20   #3181
Grimpy
cf.addict

Grimpy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

I pay £86.50 per month for the full house bundle, wanting to get a extra V6 box on top of the two older virgin tv boxs i have. What am i looking to pay extra per month?

Thanks.
Grimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-07-2017, 23:06   #3182
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimpy View Post
I pay £86.50 per month for the full house bundle, wanting to get a extra V6 box on top of the two older virgin tv boxs i have. What am i looking to pay extra per month?

Thanks.
Well you might be able to get the vip with the 25 per cent discount that would give you the extra box and free sky premium movies and sports in HD, you need a new 12 month contract. Speak to resolutions not customer services
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 20:35   #3183
browneggsandham
I try to help.

Services: Virgin Media VIP - 2 x V6, M350 & phone
browneggsandham is on a distinguished roadbrowneggsandham is on a distinguished road

Think I've just managed to get a decent deal. Currently on VIP package. Called up as it's now advertised to new customers with 2 x V6 and VIVID300.

Upgrades passed me through to retentions who have agreed to upgrade to 2 V6s and VIVID300 with new super hub 3 for 42p per month less, just a £20 activation fee. New 12 month contract mind, but I'm not going anywhere.

Annoyingly it has to be a manned instal, self instal wasn't available so having to wait 3 weeks until I'm off work but not a major issue.
browneggsandham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 21:53   #3184
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneggsandham View Post
Think I've just managed to get a decent deal. Currently on VIP package. Called up as it's now advertised to new customers with 2 x V6 and VIVID300.

Upgrades passed me through to retentions who have agreed to upgrade to 2 V6s and VIVID300 with new super hub 3 for 42p per month less, just a £20 activation fee. New 12 month contract mind, but I'm not going anywhere.

Annoyingly it has to be a manned instal, self instal wasn't available so having to wait 3 weeks until I'm off work but not a major issue.
You cant expect them to post 3 boxes!
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 23:05   #3185
browneggsandham
I try to help.

browneggsandham is on a distinguished roadbrowneggsandham is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
You cant expect them to post 3 boxes!
Didn't really consider the logistics, but you're right!
Old 05-08-2017, 18:52   #3186
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Eligible Virgin TV customers can now get the V6 box for just £20

Offer valid until 31st October

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/box-swap-v6
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:00   #3187
love Virgin2013
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media VIP
love Virgin2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post

Wished i had waited till now to get mine as got V6 when it came out and paying £50 for it.
love Virgin2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:05   #3188
browneggsandham
I try to help.

Rarely pays to be an early adopter unfortunately.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:12   #3189
trublue
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt
trublue is an unknown quantity at this point

I am thinking of getting the V6 since there is a special offer on.Those who have got it, did you lose your discount?
One last question, I have an ethernet cable running from one room to another where it is plugged into my Roku if I get a splitter and use it to connect my Roku and V6, will this be alright or should I use a splitter?

Last edited by trublue; 06-08-2017 at 12:09.
trublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:47   #3190
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post

So on this offer, if I've currently got a TiVo and a VHD box, I can retain the TiVo and send the VHD back in exchange for a V6? It just says change one of your boxes, doesn't say which?
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:59   #3191
browneggsandham
I try to help.

Not sure. I called up before this offer had been publicised. I'm having both my Tivos replaced and a super hub upgraded and he's credited two out of the three activation fees so I've only paid £20 extra.
Old 06-08-2017, 14:41   #3192
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
So on this offer, if I've currently got a TiVo and a VHD box, I can retain the TiVo and send the VHD back in exchange for a V6? It just says change one of your boxes, doesn't say which?
I am in the same position Mr K. I ordered a V6 yesterday for just the activation fee of £20. I did say that I wanted to replace the Tivo I currently have so nothing was said about swapping the old Tivo with my VHD box. When I looked at the VM V6 installation guide pdf it does make it sound as though you can swap out the VHD, (see last part of section 3) so I too would like to know if prior arrangement is needed to be able to do this.

I would also like to have it confirmed that the agent was correct in saying that there would be an additional £6.50pm charge due as nothing was mentioned about this in either the letter I saw or on the VM web site

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/box-s...gIxIiIKUgfVBGO
Old 06-08-2017, 16:07   #3193
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublue View Post
I am thinking of getting the V6 since there is a special offer on.Those who have got it, did you lose your discount?
One last question, I have an ethernet cable running from one room to another where it is plugged into my Roku if I get a splitter and use it to connect my Roku and V6, will this be alright or should I use a splitter?

I have 2 both connected via WiFi and they work perfectly
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 16:21   #3194
trublue
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt
trublue is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, Gavin. Even though I live in a bungalow, I still get a poor signal in a few places, so I don't want to go down that route.
In my post, I meant to say splitter or switch.
trublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 18:12   #3195
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I am in the same position Mr K. I ordered a V6 yesterday for just the activation fee of £20. I did say that I wanted to replace the Tivo I currently have so nothing was said about swapping the old Tivo with my VHD box. When I looked at the VM V6 installation guide pdf it does make it sound as though you can swap out the VHD, (see last part of section 3) so I too would like to know if prior arrangement is needed to be able to do this.
Youu can swap either box, but they'll need to know which one you are replacing, otherwise there is a risk of them removing the services from the wrong one.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote