Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 27-03-2017, 18:29   #3061
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
No they don't supply them but you can buy them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...line+for+500Mb
I must be imaging www.virginmedia.com/powerline then
Old 27-03-2017, 19:12   #3062
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Still adds to the cost..
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2017, 19:15   #3063
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I must be imaging www.virginmedia.com/powerline then
l was struggling to find them on there but alas the proper experts will always know more then l.

---------- Post added at 18:15 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Still adds to the cost..
Does not most extra's cost more?.
Old 27-03-2017, 20:38   #3064
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l was struggling to find them on there but alas the proper experts will always know more then l.

---------- Post added at 18:15 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------

Does not most extra's cost more?.

With the amount of money that I've paid into the VM coffers over the past 20 odd years or so, granted some of those years were with Telewest, but still, you'd think they would throw in the odd freebie to help out a long term loyal customer!
Old 27-03-2017, 20:43   #3065
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
With the amount of money that I've paid into the VM coffers over the past 20 odd years or so, granted some of those years were with Telewest, but still, you'd think they would throw in the odd freebie to help out a long term loyal customer!
l quite agree so perhaps you should phone up retentions and barter as you certainly will get nothing any other way.
Old 28-03-2017, 01:24   #3066
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

You can get them cheaper elsewhere eg Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/powerline-a...node=430576031
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 14:26   #3067
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Thanks Richard....
Old 29-03-2017, 13:37   #3068
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

A network error is preventing some new V6 TiVo boxes from downloading software at the moment I've got one working and the other is still failing
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 13:51   #3069
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
A network error is preventing some new V6 TiVo boxes from downloading software at the moment I've got one working and the other is still failing
Yes we noticed there was a problem early this morning and the service status confirmed it.
Old 29-03-2017, 13:53   #3070
Lone Star
cf.member

Lone Star is on a distinguished roadLone Star is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm the same. If I reboot both V6 boxes the first to reboot will connect to the VM network, the second fails. Not always the same failure code.
Lone Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 14:17   #3071
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Random question for you...

How's your remote control battery levels holding out. I stumbled across this info whilst going through the System Info settings and mine is sitting at 80%, only had the V6 for 7 weeks so it looks like I'll be changing the batteries every 8 months or so!

I only changed the batteries once in 4 years on the old TiVo and even that turned out to be unnecessary as the remote was on its way out not the batteries.

Hardly a bank breaker but interesting fact I thought

Now... Where did I put my anorak?!?
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 14:25   #3072
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Just to add this error is preventing engineers from installing some boxes meaning they are leaving properties with the job incomplete which has happened with me so it's just a case of keep retrying and hope it connects
Old 29-03-2017, 14:36   #3073
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Just to add this error is preventing engineers from installing some boxes meaning they are leaving properties with the job incomplete which has happened with me so it's just a case of keep retrying and hope it connects

Well, that's not very good now is it!
Old 29-03-2017, 17:00   #3074
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Finally got the 2nd box connected

How do I get the new TiVo remote to control the volume?
Old 29-03-2017, 17:08   #3075
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
How do I get the new TiVo remote to control the volume?
Instructions are here: Your Virgin TV remote