Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Price rises this year.

Old 22-02-2023, 09:24   #256
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads
Re: Price rises this year.

When Virgin only offered 12 month contracts it wasn’t an issue, but now it’s 18 or 24 month contracts it is a major concern. I know the newer providers are promising no increases under contract but let’s not be naive on that - once established, they’ll get away with whatever they can. The only broadband providers offering 12 months or less I’ve found are the mobile companies and NOW.
OFCOM is failing the customer. Mandate 12 month contracts with no midterm rises and that should be enough.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-02-2023, 10:14   #257
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
When Virgin only offered 12 month contracts it wasn’t an issue, but now it’s 18 or 24 month contracts it is a major concern. I know the newer providers are promising no increases under contract but let’s not be naive on that - once established, they’ll get away with whatever they can. The only broadband providers offering 12 months or less I’ve found are the mobile companies and NOW.
OFCOM is failing the customer. Mandate 12 month contracts with no midterm rises and that should be enough.
I agree, the length of the contact has more to do with Virgin and the book value of their company, a company that has contracted revenue streams running out 18/24 months into the future is more apealing than a company with simple rolling monthly contracts. I view the new Virgin contact as a vehicle to hold the customer hostage, other than the Service level Agreement, which is already governed by OfCom, there is very little financial, surety in the contact for the customer.
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2023, 12:08   #258
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had the email, however!

"However, this 2023 price increase won't affect you until your current price offer ends"

"We understand these are tough times. And if you’re struggling, we’ll do everything we can to help you. That could be giving you extra time to pay your bill, reviewing your package, or working out a payment plan.

If you're not happy with any of the changes announced in this email, including those to our out of home WiFi hotspots and pricing terms and conditions, you can change or cancel your package, any time before 4th April 2023, without paying any cancellation fees."

But when i do the online chat is says I am not affected by the price rise. So my RTC is more for the change in terms.

Last edited by oxfordmark; 22-02-2023 at 12:18.
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2023, 14:49   #259
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

So I was offered to change my package from £60 for everything, to £55 a month for just 350MB BB. Mix It TV plus a box and kids package for £55 discounted to £50.

The other option was to keep my package and then cancel 30 days before the end of my contract (Sept).

I noticed when i called to cancel, there was an option to take a £10 discounted offer for 6 months, when my contract ends and I can then negotiate a new deal or quit.

I notice that all the providers are doing the inflation + 3.x% rises. So it is not just Virgin.
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2023, 14:58   #260
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquesb View Post
Just used the WhatsApp service to add a channel (ViaPlay for Scottish football !). Very responsive, change effected in 16 minutes; they were a bit pushy in offering me Sky UHD channels for the "fantastic" price of £7 per month, which I managed manfully, to resist.

They also asked to "review my contract" but since it's not due to finish until June, I managed to avoid that as well.

VM don't carry Sky UHD channels, do they?
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2023, 15:03   #261
nialli
cf.geek

nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
VM don't carry Sky UHD channels, do they?
They do. Two Sky Sports channels and a selection of Sky Max and Sky Cinema through on demand.
Old 22-02-2023, 15:05   #262
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
They do. Two Sky Sports channels and a selection of Sky Max and Sky Cinema through on demand.

When did they start carrying sky sports UHD? I've never seen it advertised
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2023, 16:01   #263
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Well I just phoned , current bill is £45 (discounted, maxit, 350, LL) going up £15 from April.

I just want lowest BB only, best offer was £32 for 50mb.

Unfortunately they dont have much competition in this area, no one else can offer more then 30mb, I think i'm stuck into accepting it.

Last edited by johnathome; 22-02-2023 at 16:01. Reason: spelling
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2023, 16:12   #264
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
Well I just phoned , current bill is £45 (discounted, maxit, 350, LL) going up £15 from April.

Unfortunately they dont have much competition in this area, no one else can offer more then 30mb, I think i'm stuck into accepting it.
Try putting your 30 days notice in first see if ypu get the call. I was offered 50 for £22 admittedly 6 months ago
Old 22-02-2023, 16:18   #265
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Quote:

That's poor, I got 200Mb for £35
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2023, 16:27   #266
johnathome
cf.geek

johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
That's poor, I got 200Mb for £35
Maybe VM have competition in your area or maybe they just don't like me.

Was that recently and did you cancel?
Old 22-02-2023, 16:53   #267
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Quote:
Maybe VM have competition in your area or maybe they just don't like me.

Was that recently and did you cancel?
I don't have competition yet, it was recently and I removed my full package down to just 200 Mb.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2023, 17:21   #268
johnathome
cf.geek

Well City Fibre have been laying cables around my area so hopefully this is the last time I'll have to do this dance.
Old 22-02-2023, 17:21   #269
nialli
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
When did they start carrying sky sports UHD? I've never seen it advertised
https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/exi...orts-ultra-hd/
Old 22-02-2023, 17:33   #270
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordmark View Post

I noticed when i called to cancel, there was an option to take a £10 discounted offer for 6 months
Anyone else had this offered ?

Last edited by Hugh; 22-02-2023 at 17:49.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote