Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2022, 22:52   #406
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Discovery shareholders to vote on Warner merger on March 11

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2022...r-on-march-11/
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2022, 00:08   #407
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Bar the following names I think all other channels will stay the same as now:

-Really will become Quest Sports (something like Freesport)
-Things like Deadwood will move to Quest (No sports)
-Really shows will move to Quest, Quest Red, DMAX and HGTV
-Discovery History and Discovery Science may merge into one channel.
Quite the imagination MB.

I suspect that they'll run the channels as they are short-mid term, no changes to remit, then slowly close a few channels (especially the +1s) and encourage viewers to find that content on their streaming services, leaving maybe a fifth of those channels remaining to cater for those who won't or can't use their streaming services or for which the content needs broadcast reliability e.g. sport. But that's a way down the road.

I've never understood the point of DMAX, it never seemed to have a point given the rest of the Discovery portfolio, Pay and FTA.
Old 12-02-2022, 15:06   #408
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Let not put BT Sport into a WarnerMedia and Discovery merger until it been sign off by BT and Discovery.

-Really will become Quest Sports (something like Freesport)
-Things like Deadwood will move to Quest (No sports)
-Really shows will move to Quest, Quest Red, DMAX and HGTV
-Discovery History and Discovery Science may merge into one channel.

-Turbo may get axe.
-Cartoonito +1 and Cartoonito HD may launch using Turbo slots on Sky.

-What will happen to GB News - will Discovery sell their share?

This post is just my own views but Warner Bros. Discovery will be looking it their channel list to merge or close some brands to make even more money.

-Really will become Quest Sports (something like Freesport) - it won't as it's quite a popular channel.
-Things like Deadwood will move to Quest (No sports) - they won't
-Really shows will move to Quest, Quest Red, DMAX and HGTV - maybe yes
-Discovery History and Discovery Science may merge into one channel. - they won't

Those are my views based on the BT/Discovery situation.
Old 12-02-2022, 16:58   #409
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Since Discovery completes a Scripps acquisition on March 6th 2018 a following has happen:

-On April: 1st 2019: Discovery got £172m from BBC Studios and Good Food, Home & Really when BBC Studios wanted to break up UKTV.
-Summer 2019: Discovery signs new deal with Virgin Media.
-On September: 10th 2019: Discovery merge Good Food channels with Food Network.
-On September: 26th 2019: Virgin Media drop Eurosport, Discovery Channel, Quest, Animal Planet and TLC SD Channels.
-On January 21st 2020: Discovery drop Home brand for HGTV to launch in UK and Ireland.
-On January 6th 2021: Discovery drop Discovery Home & Health and Discovery Shed brands in UK and Ireland.

All Information was found on my blog. Enjoy

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 12-02-2022 at 17:07.
Old 13-02-2022, 15:31   #410
RegularCapital
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media
RegularCapital is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
What could WBD’s merger for existing channels on Sky and VM? I could see the combined company’s Freeview channels like Quest staying on air, but repurposed as general-entertainment channels. Deadwood like TCM, Discovery History and Boomerang closing down. When BT and Eurosport merge, they’ll probably cut their linear presence from 6 channels to 4, with greater emphasis on discovery+ for sports entertainment.
TCM is WarnerMedia's most successful channel at the moment (according to BARB ratings). I can see Boomerang closing though, with it slowly winding down and with the content split between Cartoon Network and Cartoonito, and Cartoonito taking Boomerang's +1 and HD feeds. Cartoonito has higher ratings than Boomerang and Cartoon Network, it's the channel that has seen the most growth, and with more original content coming, the viewing ratings will increase.

Initially after the merger, I doubt we'll see the existing Discovery channels airing much WB content, as most of the UK rights for WB shows have been sold to the likes of Channel 4 and Sky.
Old 15-02-2022, 00:44   #411
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
CONFIRM: Create & Craft new owners may axe channel on Virgin from February 25th.

Hochanda Global Ltd has today reveal a following may happen from February 25th on Virgin TV:

HGL says "We are exploring our options to remain on Virgin due to the high costs involved and if we can, we will."

748. Create & Craft (May close on February 25th).

https://thecraftstore.com/about/what...Is0DNl0unTg2Bc
Maybe nothing but my TiVo box is still broadcasting listings for Create & Craft up to February 28th.

But Hochanda Global Ltd has confirmed that Create & Craft will only be on Virgin Media Via it YouTube Channel.

---------- Post added 15-02-2022 at 00:44 ---------- Previous post was 14-02-2022 at 23:20 ----------

All BBC SD Channels on Virgin UK Channels 861 to 865 has just been removed so it look like a following channels will launch soon on Virgin Media:

00.55 Update: Virgin Media has launch a following HD Channels:

New BBC HD Channels names are:
861. BBC One London HD
862. BBC One Scotland HD
853. BBC One Northern Ireland HD
864. BBC One Wales HD
865. BBC Two HD
991. BBC Red Button 1 HD

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 15-02-2022 at 00:58.
Old 15-02-2022, 01:04   #412
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Maybe nothing but my TiVo box is still broadcasting listings for Create & Craft up to February 28th.

But Hochanda Global Ltd has confirmed that Create & Craft will only be on Virgin Media Via it YouTube Channel.

---------- Post added 15-02-2022 at 00:44 ---------- Previous post was 14-02-2022 at 23:20 ----------

All BBC SD Channels on Virgin UK Channels 861 to 865 has just been removed so it look like a following channels will launch soon on Virgin Media:

861. BBC One London HD
862. BBC One Scotland HD
864. BBC One Wales HD
865. BBC Two HD
991. BBC Red Button 1 HD
I did say they were coming.
Also there seems to be duplicate PIDs pointing to the same video / audio streams suggesting that these services could replace those on the regional networks in the relevant regions.
Old 15-02-2022, 01:07   #413
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Also there seems to be duplicate PIDs pointing to the same video / audio streams suggesting that these services could replace those on the regional networks in the relevant regions.
I was watching BBC One London when it happen and my TiVo Box says "847 BBC One London" when I press a up button it want to Channel 998.
Old 15-02-2022, 06:56   #414
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

As I suggested earlier:
London, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales now get their version of BBC One HD from a reconfigured version of the new Nations streams and England and Scotland get their version of BBC Two HD from a reconfigured version of the new national BBC Two HD. The reconfigured services use channel 101 / 102 and as a result, these services have now been removed from the regional transport streams in these areas.

A number of channels will need adding back to favourites channels 101 and/or 102 depending on your location and channels 861 to 864 and 990. Have fun!
Old 15-02-2022, 07:18   #415
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:

861. BBC One London HD
862. BBC One Scotland HD
864. BBC One Wales HD
865. BBC Two HD
991. BBC Red Button 1 HD
As per usual with changes like this, any series links set up on V360 will be lost & need resetting. V6 TiVO is unaffected.
Old 15-02-2022, 12:57   #416
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
More efficient use of space, so makes sense.
Old 15-02-2022, 13:22   #417
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Has Virgin Media started tests for Two BBC Two HD Channels to launch? Or just to move streams.

They are on CO 56 using SID's 2511 and 2512. Test just appeared on DBR on Feb. 15th at 1.41am.

https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...ve=209&lang=en

See test: https://www.digitalbitrate.com/files...g?v=1644889321

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

Also Media Boy Sources says that Virgin Media UK has added a "info slate added to one regional networks but at the moment it isn't on a visible EPG channel."
Old 15-02-2022, 13:25   #418
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
Has Virgin Media started tests for Two BBC Two HD Channels to launch? Or just to move streams.

They are on CO 56 using SID's 2511 and 2512. Test just appeared on DBR on Feb. 15th at 1.41am.

https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...ve=209&lang=en

See test: https://www.digitalbitrate.com/files...g?v=1644889321
2511 is the new config for BBC 2 HD in England.
2512 is the new config for BBC 2 HD in Scotland.
Replacing 10119 & 10128. Digitalbitrate seems to be lagging behind last night's changes.

Last edited by epsilon; 15-02-2022 at 14:03. Reason: Corrected SID number
Old 15-02-2022, 13:27   #419
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
2511 is the new config for BBC 2 HD in England.
2512 is the new config for BBC 2 HD in Scotland.
Replacing 10119 & 10120. Digitalbitrate seems to be lagging behind last night's changes.
But I see that BBC Two HD is also on 2510.

Am I right in thinking:

2511 & 2512 is for channel 102
2510 is for Channel 865.
Old 15-02-2022, 13:31   #420
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
More efficient use of space, so makes sense.
Except the space is still there on TS 101, it just isn't being used. Maybe 101 and 102 will be combined at some point (where possible). It will only mean resetting a few favourite channels (again).

---------- Post added at 13:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:29 ----------

Quote:
But I see that BBC Two HD is also on 2510.

Am I right in thinking:

2511 & 2512 is for channel 102
2510 is for Channel 865.
Yes, that's correct. (Each of the configs use the same video / audio streams but are set up for different channel numbers.)
Closed Thread