Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 21:35   #316
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Any news on the future of BT Sport? Last I heard, DAZN were in advanced talks to purchase BT outright, but I feel Disney/ESPN might hijack the deal.
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2022, 22:14   #317
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
Any news on the future of BT Sport? Last I heard, DAZN were in advanced talks to purchase BT outright, but I feel Disney/ESPN might hijack the deal.
It was reported late last year at BT Sports was still in talks with DAZN, Disney and Discovery. Seen nothing new in 2022 so far.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 01-02-2022, 22:20   #318
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
No current plans that I'm aware of to actively retire Full House for those on it, or the other 3 legacy tiers that are listed in the TV Edit channel guide.

Not to say that there won't be at some point, but I'd expect it would be an email or letter to advise of the change rather than just a phone call.

It's possible that that the 'organic' migrations off the legacy tiers where customers make changes to services is going well enough for now.
That is exactly what seems to be happening but doing that does appear to be actively retiring Full House. The email apparently present this as a fait accompli. It doesn't offer a choice and miss-sells the change as an upgrade.

The wording apparently is "You don't need to do anything we've already sorted this for you. And your monthly price won't change." Of course, Virgin doesn't respond to emails, so more of an enforcement than an offer.
Old 01-02-2022, 22:32   #319
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

TV Series "Dr. Who" starting from Season 7 (Made in 1970) will be shown on Forces TV from February 15th on Virgin UK Channel 274 and Freeview HD Channel 96.
Old 02-02-2022, 11:21   #320
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
UPDATE:

Sky now reporting that a extra 3 Eurosport HD Channels will now launch on Astra UK on Wednesday.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-...2/td-p/3908814
UPDATE: A extra 3 Eurosport HD Channels has now been added to Sky EPG.

So they will launch on Virgin within the next 48 hours (At around midnight).

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 ----------

DBR is showing that The BBC are testing an new HD Channel.

I have work out a test showing BBC Red Button. Virgin are also testing "Teletext" on CO 74 slot 10 - but one copy has appear so I think a tests will turn out to be BBC Parliament.

I know that both BBC Parliament and BBC ALBA is set to go HD by 2023.

https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...&sec=0&lang=en

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 02-02-2022 at 11:39.
Old 02-02-2022, 13:08   #321
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

SONY TV HD (Ch 805) has had its free to view period terminated.
SONY SAB (Ch 807) has started a free to view period.

Surely they didn't put the wrong channel on FTV?
Moving on...

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 ----------

Quote:
UPDATE: A extra 3 Eurosport HD Channels has now been added to Sky EPG.

So they will launch on Virgin within the next 48 hours (At around midnight).

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 ----------

DBR is showing that The BBC are testing an new HD Channel.

I have work out a test showing BBC Red Button. Virgin are also testing "Teletext" on CO 74 slot 10 - but one copy has appear so I think a tests will turn out to be BBC Parliament.

https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...&sec=0&lang=en
BBC RB HD perhaps?
Old 02-02-2022, 13:27   #322
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
BBC RB HD perhaps?
I think if a channel was going to temporary it would have been on CO71.

If you look that DBR CO 74 you will find three slots are free (Maybe for the following)

-BBC FOUR HD - 2309
-(No name - SID2310) - 2310
-No Channel - 2311
-No Channel - 2312
-BBC THREE HD - 2313
-BBC THREE HD - 2314
-BBC THREE HD - 2315
-BBC FOUR HD - 2316
-BBC FOUR HD - 2317
-BBC FOUR HD - 2318

I am thinking 2310 will be for BBC Parliament HD,

2311 will be for BBC ALBA HD (Scotland only - EPG Channel 120.)
2312 will be for BBC ALBA HD (England, Wales and Northern Ireland only - EPG Channel 162.)
Old 02-02-2022, 13:40   #323
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
I think if a channel was going to temporary it would have been on CO71.

If you look that DBR CO 74 you will find three slots are free (Maybe for the following)

-BBC FOUR HD - 2309
-(No name - SID2310) - 2310
-No Channel - 2311
-No Channel - 2312
-BBC THREE HD - 2313
-BBC THREE HD - 2314
-BBC THREE HD - 2315
-BBC FOUR HD - 2316
-BBC FOUR HD - 2317
-BBC FOUR HD - 2318

I am thinking 2310 will be for BBC Parliament HD,

2311 will be for BBC ALBA HD (Scotland only - EPG Channel 120.)
2312 will be for BBC ALBA HD (England, Wales and Northern Ireland only - EPG Channel 162.)
If you say so.
We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 02-02-2022, 13:57   #324
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
If you say so.
We'll just have to wait and see.
Maybe for all we know The BBC have told Virgin that their can't broadcast UK Parliament live when in testing mode.
Old 02-02-2022, 14:05   #325
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
Maybe for all we know The BBC have told Virgin that their can't broadcast UK Parliament live when in testing mode.
A HD version of BBC Parliament would be useful at the moment, if only to observe the look of anguish on Boris's face as ever more Partygate details are revealed.
Old 02-02-2022, 14:12   #326
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
A HD version of BBC Parliament would be useful at the moment, if only to observe the look of anguish on Boris's face as ever more Partygate details are revealed.
Both BBC Parliament HD and BBC ALBA HD are broadcasting on Sky Glass.

BBC do not have BBC Red Button HD Channel.
Old 02-02-2022, 14:47   #327
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
No current plans that I'm aware of to actively retire Full House for those on it, or the other 3 legacy tiers that are listed in the TV Edit channel guide.

Not to say that there won't be at some point, but I'd expect it would be an email or letter to advise of the change rather than just a phone call.

It's possible that that the 'organic' migrations off the legacy tiers where customers make changes to services is going well enough for now.

Thanks Ben.
Old 02-02-2022, 14:48   #328
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:

BBC do not have BBC Red Button HD Channel.
They do for Wimbledon and Olympics.... Even Glastonbury
Old 02-02-2022, 14:51   #329
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
That is exactly what seems to be happening but doing that does appear to be actively retiring Full House. The email apparently present this as a fait accompli. It doesn't offer a choice and miss-sells the change as an upgrade.

The wording apparently is "You don't need to do anything we've already sorted this for you. And your monthly price won't change." Of course, Virgin doesn't respond to emails, so more of an enforcement than an offer.
Well, they certainly tried to insinuate that it was a done deal to me and that I had no say in the matter. Very sly.

If they had 'upgraded' me, even for no extra cost, I would lose channels. I'm pretty sure that this no extrs cost claim would be abandoned at renegotiation time too, or when discounts expire.
Old 02-02-2022, 14:59   #330
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I think they are both upscaled - not HD source.

Quote:
Both BBC Parliament HD and BBC ALBA HD are broadcasting on Sky Glass.
Closed Thread