Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 27-01-2022, 18:43   #271
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Just to recap, your new BBC channel line-up will look like this:

107 BBC Three
108 BBC Four
That will also happen in England.

In Scotland and Wales BBC Four will stay on Channel 107 and BBC Three will launch on Channel 157.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 27-01-2022, 19:05   #272
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Since 4.32pm tonight Digital Bit Rates has pick up tests 4 new test but BBC Red Button 5 is no longer testing on Virgin Media:

A four new one are: Eurosport UHD, Eurosport 3 HD, Eurosport 4 HD and Eurosport 5 HD

https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...ve=209&lang=en

@epsilon All tests are using CO71.
It wasn't actually BBC Red Button 5, they just happened to use a SID number that is currently used for the BBC Red Button 5 placeholder. So Virgin are using the same transport stream as previously used for Eurosport UHD and the BBC RB pop-ups. TS11 seems to be the go to location for pop-up channels and seems to be kept free of full time channels. The transport streams previously used for Eurosport HD pop-ups (512 & 515) have been filled with normal channels since they were last used by Eurosport, so I didn't expect them to show up on there.

If you want to watch out for Zee TV HD it should appear as a new service, initially without a service name, on one of the HD transport streams.
Old 27-01-2022, 19:24   #273
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
If you want to watch out for Zee TV HD it should appear as a new service, initially without a service name, on one of the HD transport streams.
I am keeping a eye on one of a following UK Wide HD streams:

CO55 as slot 6 is free.
CO56 as slot 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 is free.
CO61 as slot 10 is free.
CO63 as slot 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 is free.
CO64 as slot 9 and 10 is free.
CO65 as slot 8 and 10 is free.
CO72 as slot 6 is free.
CO74 as slot 10 is free.
CO75 as slot 9 and 10 is free.

I did see that all channels listed on CO01 is not posted on DBR.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 27-01-2022 at 19:29.
Old 27-01-2022, 20:43   #274
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
I am keeping a eye on one of a following UK Wide HD streams:

CO55 as slot 6 is free.
CO56 as slot 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 is free.
CO61 as slot 10 is free.
CO63 as slot 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 is free.
CO64 as slot 9 and 10 is free.
CO65 as slot 8 and 10 is free.
CO72 as slot 6 is free.
CO74 as slot 10 is free.
CO75 as slot 9 and 10 is free.

I did see that all channels listed on CO01 is not posted on DBR.
Yes channel 1 doesn't seem to be working but channel 1 in Manchester is transport stream 7, which is SD, so you can ignore it if looking for Zee TV HD.

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:35 ----------

By the way, I've been told that the BBC RB placeholders have been moved to SIDs 1152 to 1157, so are out of the normal range for future additions. Eurosport 3-6 HD have been moved to transport stream 11 but 6 HD has been given SID 1158 as it isn't required for the Winter Olympics. Eurosport UHD shows as EPG channel 523, which is the same as last time.
Old 27-01-2022, 20:46   #275
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Eurosport UHD shows as EPG channel 523, which is the same as last time.
I did give Eurosport UHD an EPG Channel 523 on my blog early tonight when I was updating my blog.
Old 28-01-2022, 12:32   #276
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Was looking through the 1080p BBC iPlayer support list again just now and I've noticed Virgin has been added since I last looked at the beginning of January.

Surprisingly I don't recognise the model numbers EOS-1008C and EOS-1008R, it doesn't say the customer brand names, but it says 2018 for both, so I'm guessing it's different hard disk sizes for the V6 model. There's no mention of anything newer or older so there's been no update for the Original VM Tivo or TV360 box versions of iPlayer (unless they've not yet been added to the webpage). The Original VM Tivo may not get updated though, it struggles as it is I understand, and there's probably not enough users left to justify expense and time.

I think I've noticed a difference on my V6 recently, so I'm not surprised by these being added to the listing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/q...s/1080-streams
Old 28-01-2022, 13:05   #277
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Surprisingly I don't recognise the model numbers EOS-1008C and EOS-1008R
Those are the Humax 360 boxes ("R" is the recordable one)
Old 28-01-2022, 18:25   #278
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Those are the Humax 360 boxes ("R" is the recordable one)
Thanks spiderplant.

So the 2018 model year on the BBC webpage means replacement hardware was in the VM plans for a lot longer than many of us may have expected? Given the similarity to the V6 hardware, and that the latter can be upgraded to TV360 software, I think a fair few of us thought the new Humax internal hardware was a late change in plans.

I keep forgetting about the optional extra mini boxes for TV360 .
Old 28-01-2022, 18:29   #279
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Sky forums says the extra Eurosport HD Channels may launch on Tuesday Virgin Media UK.

*Sky forums has confirmed that a extra 3 Eurosport HD Channels will launch on Astra UK on Tuesday.
Old 29-01-2022, 18:20   #280
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Virgin Media UK set to launch SIX new channels this week

February 1st:

EPG - Channels names:
107. BBC Three HD (England and Northern Ireland only)
107. BBC Four HD (Scotland and Wales only)
108. BBC Four HD (England and Northern Ireland only)
157. BBC Three HD (Scotland and Wales only)
523. Eurosport UHD
537. Eurosport 3 HD
538. Eurosport 4 HD
539. Eurosport 5 HD

February 4th:

EPG - Channels names:
809. Zee TV*
809. Zee TV HD*

*I got information from Zee TV UK.
Old 29-01-2022, 18:52   #281
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Virgin Media UK set to launch SIX new channels this week

February 1st:

EPG - Channels names:
107. BBC Three HD (England and Northern Ireland only)
107. BBC Four HD (Scotland and Wales only)
108. BBC Four HD (England and Northern Ireland only)
157. BBC Three HD (Scotland and Wales only)
523. Eurosport UHD
537. Eurosport 3 HD
538. Eurosport 4 HD
539. Eurosport 5 HD

February 4th:

EPG - Channels names:
809. Zee TV*
809. Zee TV HD*

*I got information from Zee TV UK.
I had to re-Favourite BBC Four a few days ago...that indicates to me they've already launched the regionalised BBC Four for Scotland.
Old 29-01-2022, 19:00   #282
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I had to re-Favourite BBC Four a few days ago...that indicates to me they've already launched the regionalised BBC Four for Scotland.
Yes you are right.

But BBC Four HD will move to Channel 108 around Midnight on Monday Night if you live in England or Northern Ireland - see list for full list of changes set to happen on Tuesday and Friday.
Old 29-01-2022, 19:39   #283
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Yes you are right.

But BBC Four HD will move to Channel 108 around Midnight on Monday Night if you live in England or Northern Ireland - see list for full list of changes set to happen on Tuesday and Friday.
Just suggesting the changes to individual identities may already have been made for everyone, the number change can happen separate of it. EPG number changes don't normally require re-Favouriting in my experience.
Old 29-01-2022, 21:16   #284
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Sky is reporting that Eurosport Winter Olympics Channels will launch on Tuesday

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-...2/td-p/3908814
Old 30-01-2022, 09:02   #285
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Sky will also have the UHD feed for SkyQ and Sky Glass - but access for satellite viewers is only via red button and menus.

Quote:
Sky is reporting that Eurosport Winter Olympics Channels will launch on Tuesday

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-...2/td-p/3908814
Closed Thread