Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Promote your own website

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

[Merged] Promote your own website

Old 06-02-2007, 18:37   #676
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: [Merged] Promote your own website

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Skids View Post
For the boys. Here is my contribution!

http://www.showstunners.com

VSPNET. I am a Northampton guy. Where is the cafe?
The Cafe is not open yet and I get a blank page with your link
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2007, 19:43   #677
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
.....I get a blank page with your link
You don't know what you are missing
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 20:33   #678
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Skids View Post
For the boys. Here is my contribution!

http://www.showstunners.com

VSPNET. I am a Northampton guy. Where is the cafe?
hmm... your warning for the over 18s section is a good idea- unfortunately when used in either Firefox, Opera or Safari it only gives you an "ok" option which then loads the page, there is no way of clearing down the dialogue box and not going onto the adult content.
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 20:42   #679
talklifeforums
Inactive

Services: Virginmedia 20mb
talklifeforums will become famous soon enoughtalklifeforums will become famous soon enoughtalklifeforums will become famous soon enough

http://www.talklifeforums.com

My forums, working for few months, please do check them out.
talklifeforums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 21:22   #680
D_Skids
Inactive

D_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
hmm... your warning for the over 18s section is a good idea- unfortunately when used in either Firefox, Opera or Safari it only gives you an "ok" option which then loads the page, there is no way of clearing down the dialogue box and not going onto the adult content.
I know what you mean but it is to cover my back from complaints, because it is worded in such a way that by clicking OK, people are accepting the warning. When I get better with html I will add a more secure option. I will look into that.
D_Skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 20:20   #681
TheCrow
Inactive

Services: NTL BB 2mb NTL Phone NTL Family Pack TV
TheCrow is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to TheCrow Send a message via Yahoo to TheCrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman View Post
Thanks mate your a star!
TheCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 21:32   #682
Paul (UK)
Inactive

Paul (UK) is an unknown quantity at this point
My New Web Site

Hi all, not sure if this is allowed but I want to tell people about my new site and get some feedback

http://www.angelfire.com/indie/foolsgold68/

It's fairly new so not much on it at the moment but I'm working on it.

PS. Does anyone know of any free hosting sites that accept sites created with FrontPage and also don't have banner ads and pop ups?
Paul (UK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 22:17   #683
homealone

Re: My New Web Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul (UK) View Post
Hi all, not sure if this is allowed but I want to tell people about my new site and get some feedback

http://www.angelfire.com/indie/foolsgold68/

It's fairly new so not much on it at the moment but I'm working on it.

PS. Does anyone know of any free hosting sites that accept sites created with FrontPage and also don't have banner ads and pop ups?
Ouch - it really doesn't like Firefox, does it?

Specifically it crashed my Firefox browser with an error in the media player plugin - the resulting error dialogue just looped & I had to use task manager to exit
Old 09-02-2007, 22:26   #684
Paul (UK)
Inactive

Sorry about that lol... forgot to mention that I'm having probs with the media player playing on Firefox. It works fine on IE though, not sure why there's a problem with Firefox, will have to look into that
Old 09-02-2007, 22:52   #685
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul (UK) View Post
Sorry about that lol... forgot to mention that I'm having probs with the media player playing on Firefox. It works fine on IE though, not sure why there's a problem with Firefox, will have to look into that
confirm it works fine with IE7, here
Old 09-02-2007, 23:06   #686
Paul (UK)
Inactive

I'm a bit concerned about the banner ads and pop ups on angelfire, some are a bit adult orientated lol

Have you looked at all the site? What do you think... so far?
Old 10-02-2007, 18:11   #687
VSPNET
Inactive

Services: Ment to be NTL 10mb Service
VSPNET is an unknown quantity at this point

Can some mod please remove my posts number 663 and 674 from this thread please as google has out now budged my site as second in the results of the search to this posting.

Much Appretiated
VSPNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 18:37   #688
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSPNET View Post
Can some mod please remove my posts number 663 and 674 from this thread please as google has out now budged my site as second in the results of the search to this posting.

Much Appretiated
Please see your PMs
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 21:17   #689
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I am in the Middle of re-making mine, so any feedback would be welcomed!

Damien O'Neill
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:36   #690
AntiSilence
Inactive

Services: C#/ASP.NET Web Development
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I am in the Middle of re-making mine, so any feedback would be welcomed!

Damien O'Neill
Very nice m8... The picture in the Flash gallery of the alarm clock showing 6:26pm scares me... lol. The reason being I have a fear of the alarm clock going off at 6:30 am every day! lol
AntiSilence is offline   Reply With Quote