Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 17:57   #4576
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
However it didn’t say

a) when or

It didn’t have to, the process was already known, two years after invoking A50.

Quote:
b) what the future relationship should look like
What do you want a ballot paper or 300 page study?

As I said, the outcome was clear, a hard Brexit is what was on offer.

After that the future relationship was to be negotiated, but from outside the EU.

Quote:
If the leave vote is one single monolithic entity with a homogeneous view of what leave means you should have nothing to worry about putting it to the electorate for a rubber stamp.
That is exactly what they should do. If there is to be a “people’s vote” is should be clear.

- Remain
- Hard Brexit ( now that there is no denying everybody is in full possession of the facts)
Old 09-12-2018, 17:59   #4577
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I blame remainers for Brexit stalling 1,000%

They cannot take the democratic result
Old 09-12-2018, 18:01   #4578
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
You keep repeating the same rubbish about a cliff edge - it's utter project fear fiction!!!

---------- Post added at 16:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:46 ----------

It's already been to the electorate - Jeez - why do you have to be so obtuse ?

It should not have to bloody say, it's not hard.

Leave means leave - when you opt to leave your house, you don't keep one foot in there or, one arm or any part of you.

Leaving a group means leaving it completely - it really is not hard !!!
Usually, when you leave your house, you know where you’re going and how to get there - that doesn’t seem to be the case for Brexit.

Brexit means Brexit is as meaningless a statement as Breakfast means Breakfast - if you asked 17 million people who said “Yes” when they were asked if they wanted breakfast, there would be no unanimity about what and when they wanted it. Some would want it at 6am, others 10am, and the rest some time in between; as for what they wanted for breakfast, the food requirements would range from toast, full English, granola, scrambled eggs, and multiple other options - to assert that all 17 million “Yes” voters wanted a Hard Brexit with "No Deal" is an assertion that cannot be backed up with factual evidence.

---------- Post added at 18:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I blame remainers for Brexit stalling 1,000%

They cannot take the democratic result
I blame Leavers for Brexit stalling 1,000% - they didn’t have a plan to get what they wanted and just blame everyone else.

See - two can play that game...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 09-12-2018, 18:02   #4579
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
It didn’t have to, the process was already known, two years after invoking A50.
Nobody said when A50 would be invoked. Two years beyond an undetermined date.

Quote:
What do you want a ballot paper or 300 page study?

As I said, the outcome was clear, a hard Brexit is what was on offer.

After that the future relationship was to be negotiated, but from outside the EU.
An informed electorate would be nice.

Quote:
That is exactly what they should do. If there is to be a “people’s vote” is should be clear.

- Remain
- Hard Brexit ( now that there is no denying everybody is in full possession of the facts)
Seems reasonable.
Old 09-12-2018, 18:03   #4580
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
My memory is hazy but I’m quite sure it didn’t say that on my ballot paper.
Well obviously you’re one of those thicko’s that had no idea what you were voting for. It was blindingly obvious to me given the information and debate before the vote.

You’ve just gone down a rung in my estimation, you’ Now on rung 0.

Quote:
They are there to make the tough choices the people can’t be trusted with on a day to day basis.
Oh I see now.......they ceded their power to the electorate in 2016. But the electorate got it wrong, in their opinion, so now the all wise parliament will reverse the will of the people.

That’s as Orwellian as it gets. Certainly not the country I thought I was living in.
Old 09-12-2018, 18:17   #4581
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Well obviously you’re one of those thicko’s that had no idea what you were voting for. It was blindingly obvious to me given the information and debate before the vote.

You’ve just gone down a rung in my estimation, you’ Now on rung 0.
I’m utterly devastated to now find myself in agreement with a plethora of Leave backing politicians that Brexit could mean Norway, Canada, a different deal altogether, or WTO terms (and possibly others).

Quote:
Oh I see now.......they ceded their power to the electorate in 2016. But the electorate got it wrong, in their opinion, so now the all wise parliament will reverse the will of the people.

That’s as Orwellian as it gets. Certainly not the country I thought I was living in.
Welcome to the United Kingdom.
Old 09-12-2018, 18:47   #4582
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Usually, when you leave your house, you know where you’re going and how to get there - that doesn’t seem to be the case for Brexit.

Brexit means Brexit is as meaningless a statement as Breakfast means Breakfast - if you asked 17 million people who said “Yes” when they were asked if they wanted breakfast, there would be no unanimity about what and when they wanted it. Some would want it at 6am, others 10am, and the rest some time in between; as for what they wanted for breakfast, the food requirements would range from toast, full English, granola, scrambled eggs, and multiple other options - to assert that all 17 million “Yes” voters wanted a Hard Brexit with "No Deal" is an assertion that cannot be backed up with factual evidence.

---------- Post added at 18:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

I blame Leavers for Brexit stalling 1,000% - they didn’t have a plan to get what they wanted and just blame everyone else.

See - two can play that game...
Only thing is, you lost your bloody game !

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

Brexit means Brexit is as meaningless a statement as Breakfast means Breakfast - if you asked 17 million people who said “Yes” when they were asked if they wanted breakfast, there would be no unanimity about what and when they wanted it. Some would want it at 6am, others 10am, and the rest some time in between; as for what they wanted for breakfast, the food requirements would range from toast, full English, granola, scrambled eggs, and multiple other options - to assert that all 17 million “Yes” voters wanted a Hard Brexit with "No Deal" is an assertion that cannot be backed up with factual evidence
More rubbish - How many more piss poor analogies are you going to come up with to try justify your baseless points ?
Old 09-12-2018, 19:04   #4583
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

This topic is far angrier than it needs to be
Old 09-12-2018, 19:10   #4584
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The trouble is if one has a different view Damien to somebody else’s view then the usual reply of one is talking gibberish is the default response to it.
Old 09-12-2018, 19:11   #4585
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Quote:

They are there to make the tough choices the people can’t be trusted with on a day to day basis.

Oh you mean a PM that was for voting remain who overruled her own cheif brexit negotiator far too many times to try and keep us as much in the EU as she could
Old 09-12-2018, 19:56   #4586
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I see Channel 4 Brexit debate is pro remain, and the green party bint will wants 3rd vote 4th vote etc until they get a remain vote.

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

Changing your mind is no reason to have a 2nd referendum.
Old 09-12-2018, 20:12   #4587
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
If you think it’s bad now we still have another few weeks before a second referendum can realistically be presented as “the only choice”. Then we will have this throughout the campaign.

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
Oh you mean a PM that was for voting remain who overruled her own cheif brexit negotiator far too many times to try and keep us as much in the EU as she could
Doing her duty for the country.
Old 09-12-2018, 20:28   #4588
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

The letters need to go in to get rid of May. Cannot think of a more bumbling incompetent PM that has ever been, what with throwing away a majority on an ill judged election, and then flogging a dead horse "deal" that leaves us in thrall to the whims of the EU for ever more...

The PM to implement Brexit should never have come from the remainer camp
Old 09-12-2018, 20:59   #4589
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth View Post
The letters need to go in to get rid of May. Cannot think of a more bumbling incompetent PM that has ever been, what with throwing away a majority on an ill judged election, and then flogging a dead horse "deal" that leaves us in thrall to the whims of the EU for ever more...

However the letters won’t go, because even all but the most extreme in the leave camp know that Brexit is hugely damaging to this country.

It can’t be that hard to get 48 Conservative MPs, can it?
Old 09-12-2018, 21:30   #4590
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth View Post

She was elected unopposed. So end of story, the Tories made their own choice, unanimously, which is a change for them !

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I see Channel 4 Brexit debate is pro remain, and the green party bint will wants 3rd vote 4th vote etc until they get a remain vote.

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

Changing your mind is no reason to have a 2nd referendum.
Just reflecting the country atm, the wheel has turned...... (p.s i think you'll find 'bint' isn't politically correct !)
Closed Thread