Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 16-01-2019, 17:41   #8926
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
As much as half? I don't really know if that's the case, even if it is, there's still a lot of quality originals from both Amazon and Netflix.
I don't disagree I subscribe to both , but let's face it both streaming and linear have great content they also both have their fair share of junk.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-01-2019, 17:44   #8927
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I don't disagree I subscribe to both , but let's face it both streaming and linear have great content they also both have their fair share of junk.
+1
Old 16-01-2019, 18:07   #8928
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
I don't disagree with that, but imo Netflix and Amazon have more "great" content than what's on offer in linear.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 19:32   #8929
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Well I think you'd probably find that there's a lot more better choice from the streaming services than there is from what's on offer from the pay TV providers, only my opinion of course, but I do use Amazon and Netflix a lot and find that the quality and choice is miles better.
As there is virtually no sport on streaming at present I wouldn't agree with that
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 19:32   #8930
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I don't disagree with that, but imo Netflix and Amazon have more "great" content than what's on offer in linear.
I guess it's all personal preference , I watch Netflix and quite a few shows off Sky but rarely use Amazon.
Old 16-01-2019, 20:40   #8931
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
I guess it's all personal preference , I watch Netflix and quite a few shows off Sky but rarely use Amazon.
One of the best shows I have watched in a while, MM, is called "The Americans", it's on Amazon, and me and my wife have really enjoyed it, we are now on the third season, if you are into dramas you may want to give this one a try.
Old 16-01-2019, 21:54   #8932
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
One of the best shows I have watched in a while, MM, is called "The Americans", it's on Amazon, and me and my wife have really enjoyed it, we are now on the third season, if you are into dramas you may want to give this one a try.
Haven't seen that since it was on ITV/STV. And I didn't have ITV Encore so I missed what came next.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 18:30   #8933
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Half of what's on Netflix and Amazon is content that's already been on linear TV.
But a lot of people want that, MM. There needs to be something for everyone.

I have had no difficulty at all picking out what we want to see from Netflix and Amazon and these are all originals. So I don't begrudge having stuff on those services that I don't want to see. However, with pay TV channels, it is a right old chore trying to pick out the very few good programmes from all the junk.

That's why I say Netflix and Amazon are much better value for money and at a cheaper price.

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

Quote:
Well I think you'd probably find that there's a lot more better choice from the streaming services than there is from what's on offer from the pay TV providers, only my opinion of course, but I do use Amazon and Netflix a lot and find that the quality and choice is miles better.
Most people do, Max. The only people I am aware of who disagree are the usual naysayers on this forum! I'm sure they are only denying what the rest of us know is true for the hell of it.

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:24 ----------

Quote:
As much as half? I don't really know if that's the case, even if it is, there's still a lot of quality originals from both Amazon and Netflix.
It's nowhere near a half, but I certainly won't be counting them!

---------- Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
As there is virtually no sport on streaming at present I wouldn't agree with that
We're not talking about sport, Raider, we are talking about general entertainment such as TV series, films and documentaries.

We all agree that sport is a completely different kettle of fish.

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Haven't seen that since it was on ITV/STV. And I didn't have ITV Encore so I missed what came next.
We've seen every series of The Americans and found the programme very enjoyable, but it's not to everyone's taste I guess.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 18:44   #8934
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

As I have said before on here I personally find more than enough entertaining programs on terrestrial TV to keep me happy. In fact I sometimes can't find enough spare hours in the day to watch everything I've recorded. So I have no need to sub to Amazon or Netflix. I'm sure there's some good programs on there but what I don't see I don't miss. Also,I don't here any of my work colleagues talking about any programs on Netflix or Amazon.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 19:29   #8935
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
As I have said before on here I personally find more than enough entertaining programs on terrestrial TV to keep me happy. In fact I sometimes can't find enough spare hours in the day to watch everything I've recorded. So I have no need to sub to Amazon or Netflix. I'm sure there's some good programs on there but what I don't see I don't miss. Also,I don't here any of my work colleagues talking about any programs on Netflix or Amazon.
They probably don't have them?
Old 17-01-2019, 19:33   #8936
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

I have had no difficulty at all picking out what we want to see from Netflix and Amazon and these are all originals. So I don't begrudge having stuff on those services that I don't want to see. However, with pay TV channels, it is a right old chore trying to pick out the very few good programmes from all the junk.

That's why I say Netflix and Amazon are much better value for money and at a cheaper price.
I have no problems finding terrestrial linear and pay TV linear shows , my Q box either auto records returning series or makes it near damn impossible to miss all the key shows airing.
Quote:
t's nowhere near a half, but I certainly won't be counting them!
https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/16/...rs-anime-films
Old 17-01-2019, 22:15   #8937
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

Most people do, Max. The only people I am aware of who disagree are the usual naysayers on this forum! I'm sure they are only denying what the rest of us know is true for the hell of it.

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:24 ----------

It's nowhere near a half, but I certainly won't be counting them!

---------- Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

We're not talking about sport, Raider, we are talking about general entertainment such as TV series, films and documentaries.

We all agree that sport is a completely different kettle of fish.

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

We've seen every series of The Americans and found the programme very enjoyable, but it's not to everyone's taste I guess.
As this thread is entirely about sport why are people talking about general entertainment, films etc in this thread.

Keep that for all the other threads please!
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 08:53   #8938
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
As this thread is entirely about sport why are people talking about general entertainment, films etc in this thread.

Keep that for all the other threads please!
Yes, we do seem to have strayed away from concentrating on sport!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 21:26   #8939
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Any more news on eleven sports going out of business? I'm throwing a party if it happens.
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 21:46   #8940
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Any more news on eleven sports going out of business? I'm throwing a party if it happens.
Watch this space Vince l would say.