Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | An email from Neil Berkett re: VM HD Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

An email from Neil Berkett re: VM HD Channels

Old 05-04-2009, 14:54   #16
fred54321
Inactive

fred54321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: An email from Neil Berkett re: VM HD Channels

Hi

Thx for getting in touch. We will be introducing half a dozen HD channels in July.

email from neil berkett so look at autum time for these HD channels if your lucky.
fred54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2009, 16:41   #17
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred54321 View Post
Hi

Thx for getting in touch. We will be introducing half a dozen HD channels in July.

email from neil berkett so look at autum time for these HD channels if your lucky.
Is this an email you got then?
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 21:47   #18
SB_07
Inactive

Services: V+ XL/20MB BB.
SB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation era

His e-mail was that short and he wrote "thx" instead of thanks?
SB_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 23:36   #19
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB_07 View Post
His e-mail was that short and he wrote "thx" instead of thanks?
Surely you're not suggesting that the email didn't come fron Neil!
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:41   #20
beeman
Kiss My Stinger

Services: Virgin VIP package, FREEVIEW
beeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
When he says new HD channels in Q1, he may mean Apr- Jun 09. In most business's the financial year starts April not January.
In the announcement he made in December he DIDNT say Q1. he said "next 3 months"
beeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:51   #21
bayards
Inactive

Services: V HD, Bluray 3D, HD-DVD, cassette and 8 track
bayards will become famous soon enoughbayards will become famous soon enoughbayards will become famous soon enough

If Virgin months are anything like British rail minutes - then we are in for a long haul wait....

H
bayards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 13:12   #22
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

I do not know what to take form it, that there going to be a while before the channels might appear or that they are (at least what there telling us) trying ot get more HD channels. Well i will be goign to SKY HD in the future but not because virign wont carry them but for other reasons still will have full virgin service oh well guess i best get my army gear since my wife will want to kill me for having both he he
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 13:24   #23
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
It's January for VM, they run January to December.
Not for the financial year they don't.
Old 06-04-2009, 14:59   #24
mikes12345
Inactive

Services: 2 x TIVO 500GB, XL TV, BB XL 60MB
mikes12345 is just really nicemikes12345 is just really nicemikes12345 is just really nicemikes12345 is just really nicemikes12345 is just really nicemikes12345 is just really nice

Hi All,

I too am fed up with waiting for Virgin to add some decent HD content, especially when my gf gets more HD than me on freesat!! I have had the V+ as long as it has been in my area (originally as TV Drive), and so I also emailed Neil Berkett to find out when I would get more channels as got a very similar response to the previous poster:

Hi

We will be launching half a dozen channels in July

That was it no thanks/thank you - I'll wait and see if it is true, but I'm nopt holding my breath!!!
mikes12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 15:07   #25
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes12345 View Post
Hi All,

I too am fed up with waiting for Virgin to add some decent HD content, especially when my gf gets more HD than me on freesat!! I have had the V+ as long as it has been in my area (originally as TV Drive), and so I also emailed Neil Berkett to find out when I would get more channels as got a very similar response to the previous poster:

Hi

We will be launching half a dozen channels in July

That was it no thanks/thank you - I'll wait and see if it is true, but I'm nopt holding my breath!!!
Freesat only has 2 HD channels so i wouldnt say that is much more if your gf had SKY HD i could see your point but comparing ot Freesat isa bit unfair i say
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 15:11   #26
jimmytboi
Inactive

jimmytboi is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this an April Fool? because i dont believe it for one minute . Either the e-mail was faked for April Fool or VM are playing with peoples minds
jimmytboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 16:51   #27
akki007
Inactive

Services: TiVo XL, L BB, L Phone
akki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytboi View Post
Is this an April Fool? because i dont believe it for one minute . Either the e-mail was faked for April Fool or VM are playing with peoples minds
It was a real email sent from a real VM address. Whether or not it was NB, I can't say.
akki007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 17:15   #28
jimmytboi
Inactive

jimmytboi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by akki007 View Post
It was a real email sent from a real VM address. Whether or not it was NB, I can't say.
Haha fair enough, just had to clear that one up lol
jimmytboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 18:50   #29
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Sadly, l don't believe a word of it, VM have ' conned ' us for months, and we have fallen for it, The channels, they claim are coming, have now increased by two.

It is no good people sending Mr Berkett, an email as his PR will answer it, so you are hitting your head against a brick wall, 'HE' has already said, he has no plans for HD, but plans to expand VOD, now what does that tell you.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 19:34   #30
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
'HE' has already said, he has no plans for HD, but plans to expand VOD, now what does that tell you.
Do you have a link to that please

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote