Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Fools and their money...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Fools and their money...

Old 25-01-2019, 15:11   #16
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Fools and their money...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Nope, simply the fact that more people would take a second look at a 'super car' than a white tee shirt
You've just proved my point...
Old 25-01-2019, 15:15   #17
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

have it your way . . .

can you tell the difference between a Rolls Royce and a Lada Riva?

can you tell the difference between a white tee shirt and a white tee shirt?
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2019, 16:21   #18
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
A £1,000,000 car would look like a £1,000,000 car, something people would take notice of

A white tee shirt would look like . . a white tee shirt
Different people want different things. If I had £350 to spend on a T-Shirt, I can think of a whole list of things I would be more interested in spending it on, but the kind of people who wear expensive clothes like that often like others to know they are wearing expensive clothes.

Also, for a lot of people, the cost is a major factor. They like the thought of owning the £350 T shirt, and the £1,000 Prada handbag and the £700 Jimmy Choos. I'm just as happy wearing Primark and TKMaxx as I would be wearing designer clothes, but each to their own. Given the £2050 for the T shirt, handbag and shoes above, I'd far rather buy a good gaming PC, but not everyone would.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2019, 16:34   #19
mrmistoffelees

mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
have it your way . . .

can you tell the difference between a Rolls Royce and a Lada Riva?

can you tell the difference between a white tee shirt and a white tee shirt?
At it's most basic, the car; a metal body with seats, engine and wheels designed for the transportation of people and or goods from one place to another

At it's most basic, the white t shirt, a garment made from cotton or poly cotton mix with holes for arms, head and torso, designed to be worn on the human body.

Look at the details however and it's an entirely different story.
Old 25-01-2019, 17:01   #20
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
At it's most basic, the car; a metal body with seats, engine and wheels designed for the transportation of people and or goods from one place to another

At it's most basic, the white t shirt, a garment made from cotton or poly cotton mix with holes for arms, head and torso, designed to be worn on the human body.

Look at the details however and it's an entirely different story.
A plain white T-Shirt is still a plain white T-shirt though, they pretty much look the same unlike 2 cars of hugely different values.
Old 25-01-2019, 17:11   #21
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
A plain white T-Shirt is still a plain white T-shirt though, they pretty much look the same unlike 2 cars of hugely different values.
Thats true, which is why i said earlier regarding about the assumption of people showing off wealth.

I collect and wear watches, I've got a few ranging from very cheap to very expensive. Whichever one I'm wearing it's because I like it and I appreciate it, not because I want everyone to see it.

Whilst some people may want to flaunt their purchases, just as many buy it because it's what they like and nor do they give a second thought to what anyone else thinks.
Old 25-01-2019, 17:34   #22
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

In the grand scheme of things what does it matter? If someone's got that amount of money to buy a white t shirt then they are not the type of people who are going to be shopping in Primark. And even if they did, said person might not smoke or drink. Add up how much money a year a smoker and drinker get through over a year.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2019, 17:38   #23
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

If you think the T-Shirt is expensive, look up the Diamond Crypto phone - just over£1 million each.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2019, 17:41   #24
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
If you think the T-Shirt is expensive, look up the Diamond Crypto phone - just over£1 million each.
are they compatible with Virgin mobile though
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2019, 19:40   #25
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Most Expensive Camera Lens

Professionally as well the perceptive price due to the use of these lenses are very high. The quality of the lens makes them more wanted. The list below of the most expensive camera lenses are going to leave you with ogling eyeballs.

1. Carl Zeiss 50 mm Planar F/0.7 - $23.1 million

https://successstory.com/spendit/mos...ve-camera-lens