Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Solo: A Star Wars Story

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Old 21-04-2018, 14:18   #76
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story

He does have the pose right anyway. Empire is also Solo cover this month.
Old 21-04-2018, 16:27   #77
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

I was suckered into buying Empire in Tesco today, when I saw the "proper" Han Solo, and it said Han Solo Encylopedia, I picked it up and saw it was Empire with the extra Han Solo supplement, so it fell into my trolley with the regular shopping

General Maximus - I think it was Total Film had some cover of ppl in lycra/spandex, and an extra booklet about some fairy tale super hero nonsense
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 14:58   #78
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 17:05   #79
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Bring it on..
Old 02-05-2018, 18:16   #80
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Old 02-05-2018, 20:55   #81
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

it would be amazing to walk round a proper internal millennium falcon. It feels so real when they do things like that rather than just constructing individual section on a film set and editing it to make it look like they are continuous.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:19   #82
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Solo tickets are on sale now
Old 04-05-2018, 12:26   #83
General Maximus
Ran Away

I was thinking about that the other day. I thought it was weird that Dead Pool and Jurassic Park were up but not Solo
Old 04-05-2018, 17:49   #84
General Maximus
Ran Away

Oh dear you have got to laugh. I have just had a look and they are doing a midnight premiere for it and they are expecting it to be reasonably big because it is in 5 screens.
Old 04-05-2018, 17:56   #85
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Why have you to laugh?

It's Star Wars. Of course it will be big.
Old 04-05-2018, 18:06   #86
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Oh dear you have got to laugh. I have just had a look and they are doing a midnight premiere for it and they are expecting it to be reasonably big because it is in 5 screens.
What makes you think that it won't be that big General?
Old 05-05-2018, 08:42   #87
General Maximus
Ran Away

I thought there was a general lack of interest in it due to the production delays and all the problems they have been having. I didn't think the proper adult fans were interested and the only people that would go are the young children who want to see laser gun fights and flying space ship battles.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:04   #88
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

That's a poor assumption to make.

Of course there is a big buzz about the film. It's Star Wars. Adults and kids alike are interested. Adults mainly for the characters of Han, Chewie and Lando. As well as the Falcon.

It may not be a huge movie like the main films or Rogue One, but there really is a massive interest.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:55   #89
admars
cf.mega poster

General I really don't understand why you want it to be a flop now?

loads of ppl like romantic comedies, I have no interest in them whatsoever, so I don't watch them I don't read posts about them, or comment on them, and doesn't bother me if the new one coming out is good or not.

Surely you should be hoping that you're wrong? I know I am. I want it to be great, no one gains anything by it being bad, the film has had it's issues, but I'm pretty sure no one has gone out of the way to make a bad film, it's just had a few bad decision made along the way which most ppl are hoping they've put right. It's going to make a lot of money, but it will make even more if it's better than ppl are expecting, like Rogue One.

I didn't enjoy Last Jedi, but I want to give this a chance.

At the end of the day, I'd much rather watch a film, and enjoy it when I didn't think I would, rather than being able to go, "ha, I was right, you were wrong, it was rubbish, we've both wasted some time and money on that"

part of me thinks you'll see it in secret, and not tell us that you enjoyed it

Last edited by admars; 05-05-2018 at 10:00.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:57   #90
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I thought there was a general lack of interest in it due to the production delays and all the problems they have been having. I didn't think the proper adult fans were interested and the only people that would go are the young children who want to see laser gun fights and flying space ship battles.
Well l am a proper adult fan and l certainly intend to see it plus some of my family intend to see it as well and if our household is a barometer of many households then its going to take a fair wrack at the box office IMO.