Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM TIVO,sky+HD

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

VM TIVO,sky+HD

Old 22-07-2011, 19:38   #1
Never say never
Inactive

Never say never doesn't have many friendsNever say never doesn't have many friendsNever say never doesn't have many friends
VM TIVO,sky+HD

Virginmedias Tivo although bassed on 15 year old ideas is a good piece of kit and offers things the current Sky+HD box doesn't.

Do sky need to react to Tivo? As a sky customer in a VM area I CHOOSE sky because to me content is king and an advanced epg doesnt float my boat.

But will the average Sky customer be tempted by Tivo? Ok its currently clunky and needs upto a minute to carry out commands but overtime VM will sort that.

In my opinion the fact suggestions constantly fill your HDD making Tivo slow down to crawl is very annoying but if I turn off suggestions then why would I pay the £3 Tivo tax?
Never say never is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-07-2011, 19:43   #2
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: VM TIVO,sky+HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never say never View Post
Virginmedias Tivo although bassed on 15 year old ideas is a good piece of kit and offers things the current Sky+HD box doesn't.

Do sky need to react to Tivo? As a sky customer in a VM area I CHOOSE sky because to me content is king and an advanced epg doesnt float my boat.

But will the average Sky customer be tempted by Tivo? Ok its currently clunky and needs upto a minute to carry out commands but overtime VM will sort that.

In my opinion the fact suggestions constantly fill your HDD making Tivo slow down to crawl is very annoying but if I turn off suggestions then why would I pay the £3 Tivo tax?
Well l do not know where you got the impression the tivo is clunky from and also suggestions do not slow down the tivo either.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 19:44   #3
Never say never
Inactive

Never say never doesn't have many friendsNever say never doesn't have many friendsNever say never doesn't have many friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well l do not know where you got the impression the tivo is clunky from and also suggestions do not slow down the tivo either.
OK, how can I explain this clearly,,,,I HAD A VM TIVO BUT RETURNED IT AFTER 3 WEEKS.

Yeah I think that does it.
Never say never is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 22:04   #4
Draag
Inactive

Draag is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a demo of TIVO from a Vgn rep in Blackpool. He had difficulty in changing the channels never mind using any of the features.

Now back on Sky with a magic eye allowing the kids tv during the day and the bedroom to share a box as well as all sports in HD and 3d.

No more nonsense about we are one company but not really; running cables, alpha testing superhubs then tricked into another year's subscription; telly and internet going at the same time.
Draag is offline   Reply With Quote