Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | DD-WRT version with D-link 615

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

DD-WRT version with D-link 615

Old 07-03-2012, 17:36   #16
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: DD-WRT version with D-link 615

looks as though your having probs with openwrt too.. not comforting reading
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2012, 19:24   #17
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Only on D2's, the switch driver got broke a year or two ago and I never bothered fixing it.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 19:48   #18
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

ok. is loading it the same as ddwrt.. emergency > factory > sysupgrade ?
Old 07-03-2012, 20:16   #19
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Yes
Old 31-03-2012, 16:08   #20
Wild Oscar
cf.addict

Wild Oscar is on a distinguished roadWild Oscar is on a distinguished road

Still using an older build here , happy with it so far!

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) std - build 14929
Wild Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 07:45   #21
funkyCable
THE FUNKIEST ON THE BOARD

Services: SERVICES FROM 26/08/05 TV XL services 2MB BROADBRAND UNLIMITED TALK PACKAGE V+ Service (Since 18
funkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post

---------- Post added at 23:39 ---------- Previous post was at 23:36 ----------

Anyway, back on topc, 17201 is what's currently running on my "production" router and there's nothing obviously wrong with it, though dd-wrt as a whole has been stagnating for a while now. I haven't tried anything between 18024 and 17201. No idea what the "loopback" bug it is you're talking about so can't say there. Sounds more like your network setup is wrong than a firmware bug, accessing a local IP from another local IP shouldn't be going through the router to begin with.
Sorry for the delay in replaying. I've been really busy with studies and having a break between courses.

This is the issue I'm experiencing my webserver (192.168.1.111) can only be accessed on my network when I use the ip address if I try my domain name ie www.myhome.co.uk I get page cannot be displayed. However, if I try and connect from outside my network eg. from work and I use my domain name www.myhome.co.uk the webpages are displayed.

Any idea how I can get this sorted? It was working before I swopped out my old router for the Dlink615. The only changes I've done on the network is change the ip ranges before they were using 192.168.123.* now they are using 192.168.1.* but I cant see that being the problem seeing as I can access my website from another network.
funkyCable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 14:59   #22
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

I think I understand now. NAT loopback was a term I wasn't familiar with until recently but it looks like a lot of people are referring to it as that...

I'm not running dd-wrt on most of my routers anymore, after just about every build for the last year turned out bugged unstable or just outright broken. However I believe what you're seeing is "normal" behaviour for dd-wrt possibly as a result of its firewall or other default configuration. It can be worked around either using custom iptables or dns, or perhaps fiddling with the routing. Easiest option would be to set a manual DNS entry on the router pointing www.myhome.co.uk at 192.168.1.111 instead of its external IP.
Old 26-04-2012, 20:51   #23
funkyCable

Services: SERVICES FROM 26/08/05 TV XL services 2MB BROADBRAND UNLIMITED TALK PACKAGE V+ Service (Since 18
funkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nice

How do I add a manual DNS entry on the router?
Old 26-04-2012, 20:57   #24
thenry
Inactive

not my work, taken from ddwrt

Quote:
1. On the Setup tab under Network Address Server Settings (DHCP) look for Static DNS 1 and Static DNS 2
2. Set Static DNS 1 to your choice and set Static DNS 2 to your choice
3. Apply Settings and go to the Services tab
4. Under DNSMasq put strict-order in the Additional DNSMasq Options text box
5. Apply Settings again
Old 26-04-2012, 21:07   #25
funkyCable

Thanks thenry, I 'm a bit stuck on point 4. I'm not sure what to type in the options box. Would you mind posting the link?

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

2. I've set this to my webserver 192.168.1.111
Old 26-04-2012, 21:15   #26
thenry
Inactive

dont bother with 4 & 5. it might hamper running off the best server.. i think.
Old 26-04-2012, 21:23   #27
funkyCable

Ok done 1 and 2+3. I'm not sure how its suppose to know www.myhome.co.uk shoudl go to 192.168.1.111 because all I did was set DNS1 to 192.168.1.111.

I rebooted machien and its still not working
Old 26-04-2012, 21:26   #28
thenry
Inactive

i didnt read your above post sorry. i thought you was on about opendns etc.

you sure its not IP conflict?
Old 27-04-2012, 05:12   #29
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyCable View Post
Ok done 1 and 2+3. I'm not sure how its suppose to know www.myhome.co.uk shoudl go to 192.168.1.111 because all I did was set DNS1 to 192.168.1.111.

I rebooted machien and its still not working
Don't do that, that's wrong.

Set static DNS 1 to the IP address of the router. Make sure Use DNSMasq for DNS is ticked.

On the services page, under Additional DNSMasq Options enter:

address=/www.myhome.co.uk/192.168.1.111
Old 28-04-2012, 10:00   #30
funkyCable

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Don't do that, that's wrong.

Set static DNS 1 to the IP address of the router. Make sure Use DNSMasq for DNS is ticked.

On the services page, under Additional DNSMasq Options enter:

address=/www.myhome.co.uk/192.168.1.111

I tried that and I'm still getting page cannot be displayed.

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 ----------

Whats really strange is my understanding when I'm on my local netowrk and use http://www.myhome.co.uk my request leaves my router and goes out onto the world wide web which then redirects back to my router and to my web server. Why would it not work then but does work if its another external connection/machine it works.