Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What game are you playing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion

What game are you playing

Old 31-12-2008, 15:11   #766
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Re: what game are you playing

Far Cry 2 and Prince of Persia. Finding PoP a bit frustrating. The control system is a bit random.
Charlie_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-12-2008, 16:18   #767
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonyBrainAid View Post
What server do you play on?
Hellfire mainly and Wildhammer occasionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Bubble View Post
...Prince of Persia. Finding PoP a bit frustrating. The control system is a bit random.
Glad I picked up Mirrors Edge instead then, controls are difficult to get used to as it uses more or less every button on the pad, but once you've got it, it's ok
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 17:19   #768
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

COD:WAW (at last).

Finally changed the one I had for one with a manual/key code, installed it yesterday, and downloaded and installed the patch.

Now working my way through the solo game - enjoying it muchly so far.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 19:04   #769
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Started my birthday pressie last night Fallout 3.

It starts literally at your birth, then moves to when you are one year old and you have to walk to you daddy.
Old 01-01-2009, 20:09   #770
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Call Of Duty: World At War
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 00:35   #771
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
Glad I picked up Mirrors Edge instead then, controls are difficult to get used to as it uses more or less every button on the pad, but once you've got it, it's ok
Me to, The DLC is looking intresting. Cant wait to give that a try. Thought it was a great game if not a bit short. Would love to see the game kept alive with more DLC until hopefully a Mirrors Edge 2 is announced

If I remember rightly Dice said something about it being a trilogy if the first was a success. I hope it was !
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:34   #772
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I'm back on The Orange Box (360).

Really need to actually get round to finishing it...
Finally finished Half-Life 2 this evening, & have since started on Episode 1.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:47   #773
LemonyBrainAid
Inactive

Services: 50MB Virgin w/ TiVo 1TB
LemonyBrainAid has a bronze arrayLemonyBrainAid has a bronze arrayLemonyBrainAid has a bronze array
LemonyBrainAid has a bronze arrayLemonyBrainAid has a bronze arrayLemonyBrainAid has a bronze arrayLemonyBrainAid has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
Hellfire mainly and Wildhammer occasionally

I have a few friends on hellfire - Horde or Alliance?

LemonyBrainAid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:18   #774
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Just finished CoD: WaW. IMO the single player was too short, but Ill keep it for the online play.
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:33   #775
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Me to, The DLC is looking intresting. Cant wait to give that a try. Thought it was a great game if not a bit short. Would love to see the game kept alive with more DLC until hopefully a Mirrors Edge 2 is announced

If I remember rightly Dice said something about it being a trilogy if the first was a success. I hope it was !
The fact it dropped to about £20 a couple of weeks after release should tell you something...

I haven't tried the demo as it doesn't interest me, but a couple of friends said it made them feel sick. Apparently quite a few people feel this way after playing, not exactly a good advert for the game.
Charlie_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 16:57   #776
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
The fact it dropped to about £20 a couple of weeks after release should tell you something...

I haven't tried the demo as it doesn't interest me, but a couple of friends said it made them feel sick. Apparently quite a few people feel this way after playing, not exactly a good advert for the game.
Dropped yes but this was also happening with alot of games the last couple months. Was bad timming for a released tbh because there as just way to much out between october and christmas.

As for making people feel sick I'v never had that at all from it but I have read some people have but this is nothing new. Its just blown out of proportion as usual. Plenty of games in the past have had similair effects on a small number.

If it does not intrest you fair enough but I think it was a brilliant change the to normal aim and shooting games that just keep popping out.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 18:10   #777
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Its a fantastic game and many games recently have dropped in price, mostly due to so many games getting released and people not having the same amount of cash to spend.

Motion sickness has always effected people playing games, its nothing new. This game is not to blame for that at all.
Old 02-01-2009, 21:29   #778
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Just finished unlocking all of the wrestlers in SVR2009. The lad and myself can now indulge in "brutalising" Ric Flair over the weekend
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 21:33   #779
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Oolite on mac
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 21:10   #780
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

At the moment I play Navyfield on and off have been since 2005, started playing Mass Effect on pc and the old startrek Armada 2.

I joined Metaboli through Game and Pay £7 a month to download games from them. although you can only play these by logging onto your account. some kind of security protection to stop you from burning the games to CD.

Just bought a Wii but haven't had a chance to play many games with it and last year got an old retro console....Amiga CD32 so played a few games on that.
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote