Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New upskirting law blocked by Tory MP

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

R.I.P U.S Senator, John McCain Dies aged 81

Old 26-08-2018, 01:40   #1
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Exclamation R.I.P U.S Senator, John McCain Dies aged 81

Quote:
Veteran US senator John McCain has died at the age of 81, his office has said.

In a statement, a spokesperson said: "Senator John Sidney McCain III died at 4:28pm on August 25, 2018.

"With the senator when he passed were his wife Cindy and their family. At his death, he had served the United States of America faithfully for sixty years."
https://news.sky.com/story/john-mcca...ancer-11482440
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-08-2018, 02:28   #2
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

Services: Sky HD (2 TB / 1.5 TB MultiRoom) Sky Fiber Max
Chloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation era
Re: R.I.P U.S Senator, John McCain Dies aged 81

May God rest his soul and take him into the kingdom of heaven.

A true patriot who served the nation with dignity and honor, a hero who sought no reward for his selfless acts.

As difficult as this is for Cindy, Meghan and the rest of his family the comfort of being a part of a family headed up by a man with such courage should hopefully show how the pain right now is shone in the light of a man who only ever sacrificed for others.

God speed,

as you would say "my friend".
Chloé Palmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 05:15   #3
Lutherf
cf.member

Lutherf will become famous soon enoughLutherf will become famous soon enoughLutherf will become famous soon enough

Just read that this is the same date Ted Kennedy passed away. McCain would probably have approved.
Lutherf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 06:58   #4
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

A true and proud American who served his country with great dignity.

RIP John
Old 26-08-2018, 10:06   #5
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

RIP Senator McCain - thank you for your service.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 10:12   #6
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

A sad day when someone you love passes ,but i have to say i was not a fan of the Senator .
Old 26-08-2018, 10:15   #7
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
A sad day when someone you love passes ,but i have to say i was not a fan of the Senator .
Neither was I, but I recognise the service (both in the Services and the Senate) he gave to his country, which he believed in.

I salute the good things he did, and whilst he did things I disagreed with, today is not the day to raise them.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 17:00   #8
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

McCain is 50% of the reason the 2008 election campaign was one of the most civil we have seen for a Presidential Campaign. When people wanted to make an issue of Obama's race he would not allow it. R.I.P.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 20:38   #9
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

R I P Sir, God Bless you
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2018, 11:06   #10
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

A reasonably honest politician, with principals, a rarity, particularly for a US Republican. RIP.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2018, 17:31   #11
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

Chloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Yeah I definitely did not agree with everything that he did but his military career was second to none. He sacrificed for others, every step of the way. When he was captured, he refused to leave Vietnam until his men were let go, too.

He crashed a couple planes but other than that his record was exemplary.

In his personal life I didn't approve of what he did (leaving his first wife after she got into a car wreck etc) and he did have a real temper but then again 5 years of captivity would make anyone get angry - even the meekest of all of us.
Old 27-08-2018, 21:16   #12
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

If only a lot more politicians had his principles..and he did admit that he was imperfect.
Old 27-08-2018, 21:46   #13
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
McCain is 50% of the reason the 2008 election campaign was one of the most civil we have seen for a Presidential Campaign. When people wanted to make an issue of Obama's race he would not allow it. R.I.P.
You know a lot of that is also based on the civility on the Obama side, too.

If McCain was running against Hillary hopefully that AZ temper would would flare and it would have led him to rip her a new one from time to time.
Old 28-08-2018, 00:11   #14
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

You know, for whatever other responses may have been lacking domestically, the responses to McCain and the tributes paid by just about everyone round the world have been phenomenal:

https://news.sky.com/story/tributes-...ccain-11482443

Even individuals (such as Julie Bishop) who are seeing the end of their own political career are leaving tributes.