Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Will Scotland Leave the UK?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Old 31-01-2014, 15:11   #391
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star
Smile Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I'm sorry what a small little mind you have. You think 100% of people that have moved to england did it through choice? A lot of the time it will be a job that prompted the move. Not the choice but the only choice for a decent life. Or if they are in the army and get posted overseas, its not really their choice!

I myself lived in England from the age of 5-20 and couldn't wait to be able to move back here. We moved as my Dad got offered a very good job.

Also no one is deserting Scotland, England is part of the UK so its not really a foreign country like Spain of France is. They are still Scottish and can return at anytime so should still have a say in what happens to their place of birth.

After all their passports list their nationality as British.
I agree with what you say, My son had to move because there was no work here, he would come back in a minute. He certainly does not want independence .
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-01-2014, 15:12   #392
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Oi - you and me outside NOW.

There's no way us Taffs are allowing anyone to take that off us
lol, ok they'll be second

Out of interest does anyone know what Scotlands GDP is?
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 15:21   #393
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
I've still not made up my mind if 'jimi' is a troll - but I'm leaning towards it.
and ignore lists are the place for Trolls...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 15:22   #394
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Apart from the £35 billion the English tax payer gives to Scotland here is the facts:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-24866266
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 15:38   #395
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I'm sorry what a small little mind you have. You think 100% of people that have moved to england did it through choice? A lot of the time it will be a job that prompted the move. Not the choice but the only choice for a decent life. Or if they are in the army and get posted overseas, its not really their choice!

I myself lived in England from the age of 5-20 and couldn't wait to be able to move back here. We moved as my Dad got offered a very good job.

Also no one is deserting Scotland, England is part of the UK so its not really a foreign country like Spain of France is. They are still Scottish and can return at anytime so should still have a say in what happens to their place of birth.

After all their passports list their nationality as British.
It may have GB and NI on it but the main word at the top of everyone's passport is EU.
Jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 15:46   #396
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
Apart from the £35 billion the English tax payer gives to Scotland here is the facts:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-24866266
In fairness Scotland gets money from the Scottish tax payer too. It's the same with Wales. Although we do appreciate your contribution towards our free prescriptions for all

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 15:48   #397
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

You're welcome. Labour has wrecked the NHS so badly in Wales you need free prescriptions by way of compensation.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 15:51   #398
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Works for us

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 31-01-2014, 15:59   #399
RizzyKing

If only ignore list worked for quotes as well then i'd never need to read drivel again from someone trying so hard to be scottish and failing miserably.
Old 31-01-2014, 18:51   #400
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
If only ignore list worked for quotes as well then i'd never need to read drivel again from someone trying so hard to be scottish and failing miserably.
True

Still, the more people who just ignore, the less quoted drivel there is and the better the result. Trolls hate just being ignored.

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You're welcome. Labour has wrecked the NHS so badly in Wales you need free prescriptions by way of compensation.
Scant consolation I'd say especially as:

Quote:
"In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21629363

Old 31-01-2014, 19:02   #401
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
So what shall the rest of the union call it's self I wonder when this event comes to pass?
No Scotland means no Great Britain, so I suppose it could be the United Kingdom of England* and Northern Ireland.

*[The Kingdom of England included Wales ]
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 21:20   #402
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post

Scant consolation I'd say especially as:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21629363

Compared to 100% with us

A lot of people were put off getting prescriptions due to the price and not knowing if they qualified for not paying for them. When they became free more people had their meds, more people got better. Job done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D
No Scotland means no Great Britain, so I suppose it could be the United Kingdom of Wales* and Northern Ireland.

*[The Kingdom of Wales included England]
Fixed that for you

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 31-01-2014, 22:18   #403
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Compared to 100% with us

A lot of people were put off getting prescriptions due to the price and not knowing if they qualified for not paying for them. When they became free more people had their meds, more people got better. Job done!

Fixed that for you
Welsh 'toffs' getting free prescriptions must make the poor in Wales feel a lot better.

I Prefer the English version where those who can easily afford to pay do and the rest don't.
Old 31-01-2014, 22:26   #404
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
No Scotland means no Great Britain, so I suppose it could be the United Kingdom of England* and Northern Ireland.

*[The Kingdom of England included Wales ]
Fractional United Kingdom. They'd have to take inspiration from Hyacinth Bucket on the pronunciation of the abbreviation though :p
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 22:31   #405
Osem
Inactive

I think UK should be renamed 'England with Knobs on'.