Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 00:21   #421
jtwn
Inactive

jtwn has reached the bronze age
jtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze age
Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

What sort of times in the morning do they do the upgrades?

Is it random?
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2004, 00:26   #422
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwn
What sort of times in the morning do they do the upgrades?

Is it random?

anytime between 00:00 and 05:00 check the server status page if your area is included in any works or maintanence.

http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceStatus/
Old 01-08-2004, 00:35   #423
peacedude2k4

Hey i know i was off topic but if i hated NTL i would not be with them on telephone tv and bb.

Thanks for info on upgrade time although for 1.5mb upgrades i belive its around September

AHHHH well think ill look into that alienware laptop...

Old 01-08-2004, 01:33   #424
Kliro
Inactive

Kliro has reached the bronze age
Kliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Kliro

w00t think I just got upgraded, as Im getting speeds up on 40kb/s now
Old 01-08-2004, 02:19   #425
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliro
w00t think I just got upgraded, as Im getting speeds up on 40kb/s now
i'm still on 600k in manchester
Old 01-08-2004, 02:24   #426
Kliro
Inactive

Kliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze ageKliro has reached the bronze age

Whereabouts?
Old 01-08-2004, 02:28   #427
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliro
Whereabouts?
stretford/urmston i suppose
Old 01-08-2004, 02:32   #428
Kliro
Inactive

Well Im in Sale and a mate in Withington is done
Old 01-08-2004, 02:37   #429
dev
Inactive

stb or stand alone modem?

also did you reboot stb/modem or did it do it auto?
Old 01-08-2004, 04:26   #430
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

well downtime for upgrades don't matter to me, you didnt hear me slag of ntl once I knew the leics outage was for upgrades, I am hoping I get an upgrade sometime this week.

BBking I am curious why ntl are so secretive over the upgrades, compare this to BT who have public online records for each telephone exchnge showing the status of how long before upgrade and estimated date of upgrade to NTL who have staff who know but cannot report estimated date's trust me when I say thats bad public relations. NTL should never have announced this back in may if they were unable to act up on it in a decent timeframe.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:32   #431
smallethic
Inactive

smallethic is an unknown quantity at this point

1st August has arrived but no sign of an upgrade here in Norwich (600 cable modem customer).
Old 01-08-2004, 09:25   #432
poolking
Inactive

Services: Sky World 300k BB NTL Phone
poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking

Has anyone actually read the posts stating that it would be highly unlikely that NTL would do such a thing on a Sunday?
Old 01-08-2004, 09:44   #433
th'engineer
Inactive

Services: up to 30 MEG CF version of Peter Kay
th'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to th'engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacedude2k4
Yeah sometimes they are sluggish bandwith repeated disconnections, e-mail which is more part time then the call centres.

I hope they start to sort these issues out cos we do like NTL for there prices but right now they being a ass
what you say is quite true over the last few weeks there have been a few problems with cable in rochdale. Even the tv started playing up it was like that for a week. We have not even got the upgrade round here
Old 01-08-2004, 10:10   #434
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

yeah same here i read the post saying not sunday so hopefully tommorow.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:18   #435
whiteswan
Inactive

whiteswan is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep...........

NOWT in Owdum yet...............in fact my tests show that I have slowed down to about 800!

Dave
Closed Thread