Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Channel logo in guide?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Channel logo in guide?

Old 29-05-2018, 13:38   #1
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Channel logo in guide?

Just had a VM engineer round to swap one of our old style Tivo boxes for a V6 and I mentioned something I had seen last week that he did not know about and has not seen.

Last weekend I was visiting my brother in Woking, Surrey and he has two old style VM Tivo boxes.

I am certain I did not imagine it, his channel guide did not have the usual channel names down the left hand column but displayed each channels logo instead.

Please confirm I am not losing my marbles.

Jim.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-05-2018, 13:39   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Channel logo in guide?

It's default on the V6 that the channel logos appear in the guide, however if you've just had the V6 installed, the channel logos can take a short while to appear.
Old 29-05-2018, 13:40   #3
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Part of an update. Press green "options" button to change it back.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2018, 13:52   #4
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Thanks for confirmation, still showing the old style on this new box as yet, I quite like the new option.

Does that mean I can switch it on on our other TiVo box?
Old 29-05-2018, 14:12   #5
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

For me, too many of the logos are similar to one another, eg E4 HD & E4+1, I.D. & I.D.+1, TLC HD & TLC +1, all the Sky Movies.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2018, 14:18   #6
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Hardly ever watch movies, just wish I could get the sports channels as a stand alone package.
Old 29-05-2018, 14:44   #7
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Does that mean I can switch it on on our other TiVo box?
Yes, just press the green button when in the guide
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2018, 17:03   #8
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Thanks N.

More or less got everything set up, sadly all of the wifes series links do not appear for the exchanged box, only our other TiVo box and the new one show up in my account.
I think she has made a list of them so she will have to set them all up again.

Just need to get the new router to talk to the CCTV pvr now.
Old 29-05-2018, 17:51   #9
MrP
cf.member

Services: vm xl
MrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Part of an update. Press green "options" button to change it back.
Thank you.....I can read them again now!! 👍
MrP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 12:36   #10
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I have changed them back to words not icons and find it so much easier to use now. Thanks.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 14:24   #11
oliver1948uk
cf.geek

Services: VM Mix TV, 200 internet, basic house phone. Also Virgin mobile phone
oliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quads

Thank you for that tip. I too have changed them back to words from those confusing logos. Much better in my opinion.
oliver1948uk is offline   Reply With Quote