Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 16-06-2018, 11:42   #1051
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
No matter how sceptical you are, it works and it works very well.
Now Formula One can only waste an hour of every second weekend, as opposed to a full hour and a half.
Advertisement
Old 17-06-2018, 09:10   #1052
daveoc14
cf.member

daveoc14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
VM's website says the V6 box now has added features including the ability to watch recordings at an increased speed (Quick View).

http://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv...ust-got-better

Does anyone know how this works, as I can't see anything different?

EDIT: found it. You press OK once a recording has started playing, then press OK again to turn Quick View on. It's a very interesting feature... watch a 30 minute programme in just 20 minutes!
Tried this on a recording on my V6 box and it didn't work. Maybe not all boxes are updated yet?. Sounds a good idea to me.
Old 17-06-2018, 13:34   #1053
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Now Formula One can only waste an hour of every second weekend, as opposed to a full hour and a half.

Cars go faster though😳
Old 17-06-2018, 13:49   #1054
MichaelScofield
cf.member

MichaelScofield is on a distinguished roadMichaelScofield is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveoc14 View Post
Tried this on a recording on my V6 box and it didn't work. Maybe not all boxes are updated yet?. Sounds a good idea to me.
This feature has been around for 6 months and has been spoken about on here before.
Try pressing the play button when viewing a recording and then a message says press OK.
Old 17-06-2018, 15:45   #1055
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Virgin Media are currently sponsoring Eurosport and yet the Eurosport app will no longer be supported on the Virgin Media platform. Definition of irony?
Old 18-06-2018, 08:43   #1056
railpulley
cf.member

Services: telewest tv & broadband
railpulley is an unknown quantity at this point

From October, Netflix will be available to be paid through customers subscriptions
Old 18-06-2018, 10:23   #1057
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Can`t see that working myself. Sounds like a silly gimmick.
The mrs doesn't know about it, so I usually turn it on when she's watching Eastenders :-) - Works a treat and she doesn't even notice.
Old 18-06-2018, 10:41   #1058
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
Virgin Media are currently sponsoring Eurosport and yet the Eurosport app will no longer be supported on the Virgin Media platform. Definition of irony?
I've always thought that it was daft calling that Tivo app 'Eurosport Player" as it's not the same as the one they advertise with the same name that you pay an additional subscription for, and gives you access to additional events or matches during a tournament. All the Tivo app does is video news headlines.

Maybe they are removing it as it was confusing having the same name? It may also be no one was using it or the time/cost involved was decided to not be worth it?

Was this video news service available on Sky?
Old 18-06-2018, 12:38   #1059
daveoc14
cf.member

daveoc14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScofield View Post
This feature has been around for 6 months and has been spoken about on here before.
Try pressing the play button when viewing a recording and then a message says press OK.
Yep, all ok now. With the world cup on I find I have less time to watch recordings so this will help.
Old 18-06-2018, 13:07   #1060
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

I was surprised about the time difference, 30 minute recording in 20 minutes sounded optimistic to me.

Has anyone tested this? I've had a quick look at the feature and it wasn't for me so couldn't stomach a test myself. Thanks
Old 18-06-2018, 13:36   #1061
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
I was surprised about the time difference, 30 minute recording in 20 minutes sounded optimistic to me.

Has anyone tested this? I've had a quick look at the feature and it wasn't for me so couldn't stomach a test myself. Thanks
What do you mean, it wasn't for you? You hardly notice the difference!

Unless you only watch live TV, of course, which is a right old time waster compared with the alternatives we now have.
Old 18-06-2018, 15:32   #1062
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post

Personally can't see the point , after reading many in the US say they can't stomach watching things using it.
Old 18-06-2018, 15:58   #1063
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Personally can't see the point , after reading many in the US say they can't stomach watching things using it.
Does that mean WWE raw goes from an outrageous torturous 3 hours to less than 2 hours in the good days?

Wrestlers flinging themselves around in double the speed? Sounds great
Old 18-06-2018, 15:59   #1064
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Does that mean WWE raw goes from an outrageous torturous 3 hours to less than 2 hours in the good days?

All fixed you know Vince.
Old 18-06-2018, 16:05   #1065
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
All fixed you know Vince.
Next feature will be press red to decide the outcome
Closed Thread