Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Best Android music player for phone?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

Anyone recomend a mp3 player which is bluetooth and has a radio on please

Old 04-10-2018, 23:05   #1
caroline
cf.addict

caroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to caroline Send a message via AIM to caroline Send a message via Yahoo to caroline
Anyone recomend a mp3 player which is bluetooth and has a radio on please

I did buy one - http://www.argos.co.uk/product/8165961

but if I want to listen to the radio I need to get another pair of earphones .

it said this in the manual - Notice: This device need to use a wired earphone, as its cable will be used as an antenna, for using the radio function. Enclosed Bluetooth earphone is not suitable for radio function. .

anyone recommend a mp3 player with Bluetooth and a radio that I don't need to buy a second set of headphones please ..
caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2018, 16:07   #2
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Re: anyone recomend a mp3 player which is bluetooth and has a radio on please

You'll be lucky to find a portable music player that doesn't use the earphone wire as a crude antenna.

Consider the wavelength that VHF/FM radio broadcasts on. A remotely efficient antenna: say a quarter wave, minus it's counterpoise would have a length of over 70cm.

Anything that would have to fit inside a portable music player would basically function as nothing more than a matching circuit and be pretty much useless unless you were stood near to the transmitter.

As Scotty supposedly said: ye cannae change the laws of physics
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 16:11   #3
caroline
cf.addict

caroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to caroline Send a message via AIM to caroline Send a message via Yahoo to caroline

thankyou for your reply , yes I see now im defiantly better looking for a mp3 player , Bluetooth with no radio on , all I need to do is fined one that has a very good clear sound on , if you know of any I would be grateful of a link .

thanx
Old 06-10-2018, 16:32   #4
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Pretty big market really so I guess it depends what kind of features you're after.

Just a wearable player with a rudimentary interface, maybe something like the Sandisk Clip Sport Plus. It has Bluetooth and microSD slot for expanding capacity:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Cli.../dp/B01LW2F237

The Sony NW-A35 is a really nice Android based player but it's nearly 200 quid:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Resolu...01NCTHCG7?th=1

There have been a lot of plaudits for FIIO and Cowon music players but as far as I know they lack Bluetooth and imho the build quality is questionable: cheapo Chinese junk syndrome.
Old 06-10-2018, 16:52   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline View Post
thankyou for your reply , yes I see now im defiantly better looking for a mp3 player , Bluetooth with no radio on , all I need to do is fined one that has a very good clear sound on , if you know of any I would be grateful of a link .

thanx

Can you not just use your smart phone if you have one suitable?
Old 07-10-2018, 18:29   #6
caroline
cf.addict

ive found one now thankyou ..
Old 23-10-2018, 21:46   #7
propoly
Inactive

Services: Sky+ HD
propoly is an unknown quantity at this point

What did you find? I'm genuinely interested
propoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2018, 11:57   #8
caroline
cf.addict

Re: Anyone recomend a mp3 player which is bluetooth and has a radio on please

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

just what I wanted ..
Old 26-10-2018, 18:51   #9
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I had a Sony MP3 player but it was 32GBand ran out of room.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone, and put a 256GB MicroSD into it and reripped every CD to the higher quality FLAC format, which takes up 120GB.

I have Tunein Radio and if I need to I use that app.

I found MP3 player are a minefield some had DAC IIRC, and prices for one with a decent GB were very expensive, it worked out cheaper to buy the 256GB (about £75) and stick it in my phone.
Old 26-10-2018, 20:00   #10
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Never understood why they still do dedicated MP3 players when most people have a smart phone that is just as good?
Old 26-10-2018, 21:17   #11
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Never understood why they still do dedicated MP3 players when most people have a smart phone that is just as good?

I still have an ancient Sony MP3 player that works fine, but if I didn't i'd get an MP3 player as the batteries in modern phones drain so quickly with all the background stuff running.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2018, 21:40   #12
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
I still have an ancient Sony MP3 player that works fine, but if I didn't i'd get an MP3 player as the batteries in modern phones drain so quickly with all the background stuff running.
Good point about the battery if it gets used most of the time.
Old 27-10-2018, 13:03   #13
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Maybe iPhones, however many android phones have larger capacity batteries these days. I have the Huawei P20 Pro and even on days of using the phone a lot for Spotify music streaming and watching videos I still manage to get home after a 12 hour work day with about 60-70% left.
Old 28-10-2018, 00:25   #14
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
This is fine if you're passing time on the train on the way into the office but I don't want to haul my mobile around in the gym when I am running, doing cardio or out on the trails on the mountain bike.

There's always a space for portable music players for this use case. On the other hand: People who buy the expensive, bulky portable music players or separate DACs (in the vain hope that it's going to elevate their listening experience through inherently crappy earbuds) I've never really been able to comprehend.
Old 28-10-2018, 12:51   #15
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Maybe iPhones, however many android phones have larger capacity batteries these days. I have the Huawei P20 Pro and even on days of using the phone a lot for Spotify music streaming and watching videos I still manage to get home after a 12 hour work day with about 60-70% left.

Agreed, however my current old Samsung S6 has a power hungry 3K screen and relatively lowish capacity battery. I'll definitely be looking for something with a bit more juice when I replace it.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote