Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Best Android music player for phone?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

Best Android music player for phone?

Old 17-03-2018, 11:24   #1
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Best Android music player for phone?

I want to start using my Samsung S7 in the car to play music, which will be connected by wire to the cars AUX port.

What do you guys use to play music like this as i won't be streaming, just connected via AUX?
Old 17-03-2018, 12:33   #2
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Re: Best Android music player for phone?

I expect the built in samsung one will be fine, if not, this is rather good and free with no ads.

And I've tried quite a few, I ended up with this.

musicolet

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bits.musicolet
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 12:36   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Cheers yes the built in 1 maybe fine just need to mess with it all.
Old 18-03-2018, 19:35   #4
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

So i am trying the above 2 media players on my phone, i have put several mp3s in a holder and they play on the phone just fine, however i would like to see album art appear, is there an easy way to make this happen?
Old 18-03-2018, 19:45   #5
techguyone
Deus Vult

techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age

I use iTunes and add all that stuff then copy paste the file, then it all shows up ok
Old 18-03-2018, 19:52   #6
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I don't use Itunes, are you saying i could use a desktop media player google the album art and manually drop it onto each file and then it will show up on an Android media player?

I was hoping for a simple solution where it went and got the album art itself.

Edit

I can get windows media player to find the art itself, i guess i have to somehow resave the mp3 to include the art, is that possible?

Last edited by SnoopZ; 18-03-2018 at 20:04.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 20:17   #7
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

have you looked at VLC for android?

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-android.html
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 20:25   #8
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I have over 6,100 tracks (Mostly FLAC format) on a 256GB MicroSD card in my Note 8,

I use Samsungs default app, but I have Amazon Music & google music.

I stream via the Samsung app to my Bluetooth radio.

If I plug my phone directly into my cars USB port the Sync 3 systems loads the Google music app.
Old 18-03-2018, 20:46   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
have you looked at VLC for android?

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-android.html
will check that out too as i have it on my desktop, thanks.

---------- Post added at 20:46 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I have over 6,100 tracks (Mostly FLAC format) on a 256GB MicroSD card in my Note 8,

I use Samsungs default app, but I have Amazon Music & google music.

I stream via the Samsung app to my Bluetooth radio.

If I plug my phone directly into my cars USB port the Sync 3 systems loads the Google music app.
How did you get the album art onto the mp3 files on the phone, i think my phone is blocking changes to the files by other apps and need to allow it to do this somehow.
Old 18-03-2018, 20:57   #10
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I had the files on my Laptop and use MP3tag to edit the track info and add cover art.

Then copied it to a folder on my phones MicroSD card.

I did this by putting the MicroSD card into a SD adaptor and into my Laptop.
Old 18-03-2018, 21:15   #11
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I had the files on my Laptop and use MP3tag to edit the track info and add cover art.

Then copied it to a folder on my phones MicroSD card.

I did this by putting the MicroSD card into a SD adaptor and into my Laptop.
Every track manually?
Old 18-03-2018, 22:03   #12
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Every track manually?
No, MP3tag does 99% of albums, but for some reason FLAC track info caused someissues and I did them manually.
Old 18-03-2018, 22:45   #13
techguyone
Deus Vult

I might have to check out mp3tag myself, I had been manually doing it, getting cover art, lyrics, album information etc. If this automates the process somewhat it may be better.
Old 18-03-2018, 23:02   #14
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I am using an Android app currently which edits each track but will try mp3tag too sometime.
Old 19-03-2018, 08:18   #15
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I used to use Winamp when I had an android phone.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote