Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moon Knight

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moon Knight

Old 28-04-2022, 14:25   #31
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moon Knight

I can only assume that series 2 is already greenlit, or he’s going to turn up in a future movie as they have invested a lot of time in fleshing him out. Really there’s been very little of the actual “Moon Knight” in it so far.
Old 28-04-2022, 14:52   #32
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

So you are presumably going to end up with a first season (more of a mini series) of poor story telling, a weak character and a super hero that you haven't really seen even though they have had the opportunity to plan and develop a fully fleshed out character to establish in the first season?

Doesn't sound like a particularly good series to me.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2022, 16:01   #33
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Nothing Ive read or heard about it in the last few weeks makes me regret giving up on it after episode 1.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2022, 16:16   #34
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Me too. I gave up after ep 2. After all the chastising i get i am waiting for someone to say "do you know Max, you were right".
Old 28-04-2022, 16:46   #35
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Me too. I gave up after ep 2. After all the chastising i get i am waiting for someone to say "do you know Max, you were right".
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2022, 19:48   #36
General Maximus
Ran Away

I did not know we could embed gifs. You have no idea how many times I have wanted to do it.
Old 29-04-2022, 22:47   #37
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Well I’m really enjoying it. Dissociative personality disorder is at the heart of this story and that by its nature is confusing. Simply laying it all out in the first episode would have been a missed opportunity and might have trivialised it.

This week’s episode explored the confusion of the sufferer and presented multiple realities, each of which seemed plausible while we were in them. Cleverly, by introducing us to Steven first, when it is finally confirmed that it is he, and not Mark, that’s the alter-ego, the writers have left us struggling with the idea that this character we’ve been following for weeks now isn’t “real”.

A couple of throwaway lines mid-episode about planes of existence and untethered consciousness have likely also left a pathway open into the multiverse which seems to be at the heart of MCU phase 4.

I’m looking forward to next week.

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:46 ----------

Quote:
Well you won’t be hearing it from me.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2022, 08:29   #38
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

I agree, it's a refreshing change to start to learn about the character as he starts to learn about himself, rather than standard vigilante origin story, and yes, the twist was a nice touch, about who is "real".

What I find most confusing about it, is why someone who doesn't like it continues to show so much interest in it?
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2022, 09:03   #39
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
What I find most confusing about it, is why someone who doesn't like it continues to show so much interest in it?
Because when other people start moaning as well i like to prove a point that i was right to start off with
Old 30-04-2022, 09:39   #40
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Because when other people start moaning as well i like to prove a point that i was right to start off with
It doesn’t mean you’re right … it just means you’re not the only one who always orders the egg and chips

---------- Post added at 09:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
I agree, it's a refreshing change to start to learn about the character as he starts to learn about himself, rather than standard vigilante origin story, and yes, the twist was a nice touch, about who is "real".

They’ve played a blinder, really. We meet Steven first, and when we meet Mark he’s the face in the mirror who seems violent and a bit crazy and demands control of the body. Steven is English and living in London while Mark is American. We struggle with the idea that Steven isn’t real because he has been framed as real throughout the whole story. Then in the latest episode the psychiatric ward is the hallucination, scenes in an American home are all just disjointed memory and ancient Egyptian mythology - in this case Taweret on a boat in the desert - is their here-and-now reality. They made us care about Steven, be suspicious of Mark and suffer the confusion of trying to separate reality from fantasy. Altogether an utterly different approach to what you normally get when the condition traditionally called schizophrenia is tackled in film and TV, where the whole thing is typically played either for laughs (e.g. Me, Myself and Irene) or lazily portrays the emerging personality as strange or violent.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 12:53   #41
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I enjoyed it me. I think it may of worked better as a movie or even just 3 episodes. It could of told the same story in less time without losing anything important. I can certainly see a second season or an appearance in another MCU property coming though.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 14:40   #42
General Maximus
Ran Away

I am sure i read somewhere it was a standalone series and there would only be these 6 eps. I think the showrunners are hoping the now established character gets incorporated into the MCU.
Old 04-05-2022, 14:44   #43
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I am sure i read somewhere it was a standalone series and there would only be these 6 eps. I think the showrunners are hoping the now established character gets incorporated into the MCU.
It was originally slated as a Miniseries so I doubt there will be a season 2.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 14:56   #44
General Maximus
Ran Away

Yeah, i have just been looking into it. Oscar Isaac signed a 6 episode contract which is now up. I can't remember a time when a tv series and actors were out of contract and the network has gone back and made them sign new contracts. Not for a series i have watched anyway. $$$$$$
Old 04-05-2022, 19:25   #45
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I can't remember a time when a tv series and actors were out of contract and the network has gone back and made them sign new contracts. Not for a series i have watched anyway.
Lucifer.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote