Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Clipboard Manager

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Ring, Alexa and IFTTT

Old 07-02-2022, 11:04   #1
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Ring, Alexa and IFTTT

Hi Everyone

We've had a ring doorbell for sometime and it works well with the three echo dots round the house. The dots are in a speaker group (using the default name Everywhere) and when someone rings the bell the speakers announce round the house.

In the last week or so we've decided to go full in with a ring security system and I've been playing around and it's possible to make announcements on the dots such as 'back door open' or 'back door closed' BUT I'm having to add it one dot at a time as there's no way I can see of adding an announcement to the Everywhere speaker group. I could set an open and closed announcement to each contact but there's 17 on the system so that 34 on each of the dots so it's going to take some time to enter 102 routines in the Alexa app.

I was looking at IFTTT yesterday, maybe it was because of a bit of a hangover but I couldn't make head nor tail of what to do! Anybody able to give me a few pointers?
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2022, 16:48   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Ring, Alexa and IFTTT

I looked at IFTTT a couple of years ago, but found it very limited, unless you pay.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 21:59   #3
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: Ring, Alexa and IFTTT

Thanks Paul, could explain why I wasn't getting anywhere!
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote