Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures
Closed Thread

Old 25-05-2020, 18:12   #481
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Come on now this just is getting stone cold crazy.

You cannot compare someone who cannot keep his dick in his pants to someone genuinely ill, if your trying to do so, give up now because it is just utterly ridiculous to even bring the two things in the same argument.
I’ve already said I’ll give you the childcare one.

The excuse for driving between Durham & Barnard Castle is not valid.

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Police deemed no further action was needed

Durham Constabulary has issued a further statement confirming that an officer spoke to Dominic Cummings' father on 1 April.

The force says: "Mr Cummings confirmed that his son, his son's wife and child were present at the property.

"He told the officer that his son and son's wife were displaying symptoms of coronavirus and were self-isolating in part of the property."

The force adds: "We can further confirm that our officer gave no specific advice on coronavirus to any members of the family and that Durham Constabulary deemed that no further action was required in that regard."

But the officer did "provide the family with advice on security issues".

HERE
That relates to the drive from London to Durham NOT his actions whilst in Durham and the surrounding areas.

The acting PCC for Durham has written to Durham CC and requested a full investigation
Old 25-05-2020, 18:12   #482
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
I’ve already said I’ll give you the childcare one.

The excuse for driving between Durham & Barnard Castle is not valid.
Well cheers for giving me the childcare one, I wasn't aware I was seeking any approval on it though.

He has left his residence for medical reasons, it's perfectly valid.
Old 25-05-2020, 18:17   #483
mrmistoffelees

mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Interestingly he’s just stated that his parents house is five miles from the hospital in Durham (Dryburn) yet to test his eyesight he drives to Barnard Castle rather than into say central Durham then out onto the A689 and to the A1 and back.

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------

Quote:
Well cheers for giving me the childcare one, I wasn't aware I was seeking any approval on it though.

He has left his residence for medical reasons, it's perfectly valid.
So during the lockdown it would have been perfectly acceptable For me to go out for a ride on my motorbike to see if I could get rid of a headache?
Old 25-05-2020, 18:19   #484
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:

So during the lockdown it would have been perfectly acceptable For me to go out for a ride on my motorbike to see if I could get rid of a headache?
Motorbikes are noisy, I don't see how they could cure a headache.

Next?
Old 25-05-2020, 18:21   #485
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
‘I drove to Barnard Castle to test my eyesight’

Of course he did....
Sounds legit...

On a more serious note, driving to test your eyesight could be construed as an offence under the RTA 1988 Section 96
Quote:
96 Driving with uncorrected defective eyesight.

(1)If a person drives a motor vehicle on a road while his eyesight is such (whether through a defect which cannot be or one which is not for the time being sufficiently corrected) that he cannot comply with any requirement as to eyesight prescribed under this Part of this Act for the purposes of tests of competence to drive, he is guilty of an offence.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EY4RZDbWkAEe5Zdyyyyy.jpg (527.3 KB, 19 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 25-05-2020 at 18:26.
Old 25-05-2020, 18:23   #486
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
Motorbikes are noisy, I don't see how they could cure a headache.

Next?
So I could of driven my car ?
Old 25-05-2020, 18:24   #487
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Sounds legit...
And there we have it, the evidence right there that it's barely over an hour since Dom's statement and there is GIF's and fake mockery doing the circles already. Pathetic.
Old 25-05-2020, 18:27   #488
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I still think they’ve extracted maximum distraction value out of the story before making any serious attempt to shut it down though.
Absolutely, the government haven’t been held to any account for days.

---------- Post added at 18:27 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
But Dominic Cummings just admitted breaking the lockdown rules three times. None of us was allowed to do any of the things he did as we all abided by the strict lockdown rules.
did we?
Old 25-05-2020, 18:29   #489
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
And there we have it, the evidence right there that it's barely over an hour since Dom's statement and there is GIF's and fake mockery doing the circles already. Pathetic.
Out of all the things that have happened mockery is pretty universal and rather harmless.

Like this one:

Old 25-05-2020, 18:31   #490
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
The evidence is that people are mocking someone who would take a 4 year old child* in a car when he wasn't sure if his eyesight was safe for driving - He said his vision had been "a bit weird" so his wife suggested to "drive down the road" to check it.

*the one he had driven over 260 miles to keep safe.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 25-05-2020, 18:32   #491
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Don’t don’t underestimate a Tory MP’s instinct for self-preservation. If they thought this was an issue of basic competence reflecting on the government, and on the man who just won them a landslide, they wouldn’t be out to get Cummings right now. That they feel safe in doing so should tell you everything you need to know about what’s really going on here.
Ha, absolutely, my MP Craig Whittaker was one of the MPs calling for him go and he doesn’t put his head above the parapet for nothing or nobody.
Old 25-05-2020, 18:33   #492
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
So I could of driven my car ?
Do you think it would help you?

An headache is hardly a serious ailment. So I doubt it would save you had you been stopped. Dom and his wife were just coming over far more serious issues, potentially, Covid-19. They were outside of the quarantine required.
Old 25-05-2020, 18:38   #493
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Do you think it would help you?

An headache is hardly a serious ailment. So I doubt it would save you had been stopped. Dom and his wife were just coming over far more serious issues, potentially, Covid-19. They were outside of the quarantine required.
With all due respect, getting into a car when your vision has been a bit weird, with the family might I add to test to see if your eye site is OK would probably not save you either.
Old 25-05-2020, 18:47   #494
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
With all due respect, getting into a car when your vision has been a bit weird, with the family might I add to test to see if your eye site is OK would probably not save you either.
Vision can be weird but was it totally defective to the point he could no longer legally drive at all, clearly not.

Next?

(and btw this is not a license for you to barrage me with constant nitty gritty arguments Mythica.)

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

Oh look, I sign in to twitter to see the following trending:

News · Trending
#ScumMedia
Trending with: #mediascum

Dom 1 - Media 0
Old 25-05-2020, 19:13   #495
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
<SNIP>

Oh be quiet, had this been a special advisor to labour or the Lib Dem’s you would more than likely be egging the press on and be baying for blood
Probably not. It depends on what's going on. The press were not acting like slags over the expenses scandal, for example.

My advice is at your risk.
Closed Thread