Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2018, 10:53   #2146
Mr K
Lefty Liberal Remoaner
 
Mr K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Services: TV, Phone, BB, a goldfish
Posts: 4,282
Mr K has a bronzed appealMr K has a bronzed appeal
Mr K has a bronzed appealMr K has a bronzed appealMr K has a bronzed appealMr K has a bronzed appealMr K has a bronzed appealMr K has a bronzed appealMr K has a bronzed appealMr K has a bronzed appealMr K has a bronzed appeal
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Let’s just go back to President Bill Clinton, he was guilty of all sorts, as he got impeached in the House and acquitted in the Senate, at the time because every Democrat Senator stood by him even though he was very guilty of serious crimes and misdemeanours.

The Russian investigation is a sham.

And Yes I am privy to the info, as are you. The info was released early in year. This is not “internet information” that you’re classing it as, this is material released by congress.
Mr Clinton was tried and found innocent. Trump is trying to stop being tried at all.

Last edited by Mr K; 08-11-2018 at 10:56.
Mr K is online now  
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2018, 11:17   #2147
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rutherglen
Age: 37
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 12,634
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

We don't have access to all the info.

However if Trump is innocent then no harm will be done by allowing the investigation to continue to completion.

As he is so determined to shut down the investigation that screams guilty to me. He has something to hide.
__________________
X360 Gamertag: MartyMcFly88 PSN ID: martymcfly88
if a post is bold it's a moderating decision.
Stephen is online now  
Old 08-11-2018, 11:55   #2148
Mick
Proud Ex EU Citizen.
Cable Forum Team
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 12,513
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Mr Clinton was tried and found innocent. Trump is trying to stop being tried at all.
He has to have committed a crime first to be tried - no evidence exists to date of ANY Russian collusion.

As for your rubbish above about Bill Clinton - This is where you don't bother to do your homework - Fact: Found innocent not by a Judicial court, but by the political motions in Congress / Senate, he was still impeached by the House of Representatives and in a civil case, he had to pay a settlement fine to a woman who accused him of a sexual allegation which he initially denied, causing him to perjure himself when evidence came to light that he had lied about the Monica Lewinsky affair.

On the passage of H. Res. 611, Clinton was impeached on December 19, 1998, by the House of Representatives on grounds of perjury to a grand jury (by a 228Ė206 vote) and obstruction of justice (by a 221Ė212 vote).

"In April 1999, Judge Wright found President Bill Clinton in civil contempt of court for misleading testimony in the Jones case. She ordered Clinton to pay $1,202 to the court and an additional $90,000 to Jones's lawyers for expenses incurred." - Wikipedia.

Bill Clinton Innocent, my arse!!!
Mick is offline  
Old 08-11-2018, 12:22   #2149
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rutherglen
Age: 37
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 12,634
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

How is contempt of court in a civil matter mean Clinton being found guilty of the original charges he was found innocent of?
__________________
X360 Gamertag: MartyMcFly88 PSN ID: martymcfly88
if a post is bold it's a moderating decision.
Stephen is online now  
Old 08-11-2018, 13:06   #2150
OLD BOY
Experience is everything
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wokingham
Services: 2 V6 boxes; Full House; Now TV, Amazon and Netflix; VM broadband and landline
Posts: 7,994
OLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze array
OLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze arrayOLD BOY has a bronze array
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
We don't have access to all the info.

However if Trump is innocent then no harm will be done by allowing the investigation to continue to completion.

As he is so determined to shut down the investigation that screams guilty to me. He has something to hide.




Not necessarily. Unfortunately, all this is distracting from concentrating on fulfilling the promises he made to the electorate, which presumably is the intention of his detractors.
OLD BOY is online now  
Old 08-11-2018, 13:14   #2151
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rutherglen
Age: 37
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 12,634
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
[/B]


Not necessarily. Unfortunately, all this is distracting from concentrating on fulfilling the promises he made to the electorate, which presumably is the intention of his detractors.
The man who was on video last week stating he is the first President to fulfill more promises than he had made
__________________
X360 Gamertag: MartyMcFly88 PSN ID: martymcfly88
if a post is bold it's a moderating decision.
Stephen is online now  
Old 08-11-2018, 13:14   #2152
Mick
Proud Ex EU Citizen.
Cable Forum Team
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 12,513
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
How is contempt of court in a civil matter mean Clinton being found guilty of the original charges he was found innocent of?
Because um, are you being deliberately obtuse?

He was found guilty in the House of Representatives on the two counts, as I said above. Lying under oath and trying to obstruct justice. His party, The Democrats came to his rescue in the Senate. Impeachment is not a standard Judiciary of proceedings like a court room based on evidence, it’s purely a partisan political circus. Bill Clinton lied under oath, that is a federal crime that carries a 5 year prison sentence, but Democrats aligned with their lying President and cleared him via a political motion.
Mick is offline  
Old 08-11-2018, 14:27   #2153
Hugh
Hic Sunt Dracones
Cable Forum Team
 
Hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 62
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 31,960
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Because um, are you being deliberately obtuse?

He was found guilty in the House of Representatives on the two counts, as I said above. Lying under oath and trying to obstruct justice. His party, The Democrats came to his rescue in the Senate. Impeachment is not a standard Judiciary of proceedings like a court room based on evidence, it’s purely a partisan political circus. Bill Clinton lied under oath, that is a federal crime that carries a 5 year prison sentence, but Democrats aligned with their lying President and cleared him via a political motion.
He wasn't found guilty of anything by the House - they submitted a resolution to impeach him on two grounds - perjury to a grand jury, and obstruction of justice - and then they were approved.

Impeachment is a political process, being found guilty of something is a legal process (impeachment can lead to further legal proceedings, but in itself is not a legal process).

Once the bill had passed though the House, it went to the Senate for an impeachment trial (actually overseen by a Judge) - they did not get a super-majority of votes required to find him guilty (67 out of 100) - it was 45-55 on one charge, 50-50 on the other (5 Republicans voted with the Democrats on that one).

So Clinton was acquitted, and that means, no matter how many times you say it, he wasn't found guilty.
__________________
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 08-11-2018 at 14:41.
Hugh is offline  
Old 08-11-2018, 14:30   #2154
Mr K
Lefty Liberal Remoaner
 
Mr K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Services: TV, Phone, BB, a goldfish
Posts: 4,282
Mr K has a bronzed appealMr K has a bronzed appeal
Mr K has a bronzed appealMr K has a bronzed appealMr K has a bronzed appealMr K has a bronzed appealMr K has a bronzed appealMr K has a bronzed appealMr K has a bronzed appealMr K has a bronzed appealMr K has a bronzed appeal
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Never mind Mick, you can have a go at Chelsea Clinton next, a subversive liberal for sure
Mr K is online now  
Old 08-11-2018, 14:32   #2155
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rutherglen
Age: 37
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 12,634
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Because um, are you being deliberately obtuse?

He was found guilty in the House of Representatives on the two counts, as I said above. Lying under oath and trying to obstruct justice. His party, The Democrats came to his rescue in the Senate. Impeachment is not a standard Judiciary of proceedings like a court room based on evidence, itís purely a partisan political circus. Bill Clinton lied under oath, that is a federal crime that carries a 5 year prison sentence, but Democrats aligned with their lying President and cleared him via a political motion.
Wow can't give a meaningful response so starting to insult or at least attempt to is really mature.
__________________
X360 Gamertag: MartyMcFly88 PSN ID: martymcfly88
if a post is bold it's a moderating decision.
Stephen is online now  
Old 08-11-2018, 16:21   #2156
Mick
Proud Ex EU Citizen.
Cable Forum Team
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 12,513
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
He wasn't found guilty of anything by the House - they submitted a resolution to impeach him on two grounds - perjury to a grand jury, and obstruction of justice - and then they were approved.

Impeachment is a political process, being found guilty of something is a legal process (impeachment can lead to further legal proceedings, but in itself is not a legal process).

Once the bill had passed though the House, it went to the Senate for an impeachment trial (actually overseen by a Judge) - they did not get a super-majority of votes required to find him guilty (67 out of 100) - it was 45-55 on one charge, 50-50 on the other (5 Republicans voted with the Democrats on that one).

So Clinton was acquitted, and that means, no matter how many times you say it, he wasn't found guilty.
He was found guilty of two counts via the votes thatís the same thing- you never learn that I stand by what I say!! Clinton was guilty!

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Wow can't give a meaningful response so starting to insult or at least attempt to is really mature.
Wow nothing. If you cannot accept the facts thatís not my problem. Obtuse or TDS, great description for many folk in this dying topic, time to close it soon, me thinks.
Mick is offline  
Old 08-11-2018, 17:02   #2157
Hugh
Hic Sunt Dracones
Cable Forum Team
 
Hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 62
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 31,960
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Interesting statement from a pro-Trump Judge on "Fox and Friends" today.

Quote:
"There’s only three ways a person can become acting attorney general," Napolitano said. "One, if you are the deputy attorney general — Rod Rosenstein — the president signs an executive order and makes you acting."

"Two is if you are already in the Department of Justice and have a job that requires Senate confirmation and you have received confirmation," Napolitano added. "That is not the case with Matt Whitaker because he’s the chief of staff. That does not require Senate confirmation."

Whitaker's most recent post was chief of staff to Sessions at the Justice Department.

"Three is a recess appointment, which is not relevant here because the Senate is not in recess," Napolitano continued.

"So with deference and respect to what the president’s trying to do — he has every right to have whoever he wants run the Justice Department — he has chosen someone who does not qualify under the law to be the acting attorney general," Napolitano added.
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...lify-under-the
__________________
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline  
Old 08-11-2018, 18:22   #2158
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rutherglen
Age: 37
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 12,634
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
He was found guilty of two counts via the votes thatís the same thing- you never learn that I stand by what I say!! Clinton was guilty!

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------



Wow nothing. If you cannot accept the facts thatís not my problem. Obtuse or TDS, great description for many folk in this dying topic, time to close it soon, me thinks.
I don't consider it a dying topic at all and neither do the other members of the forum posting in it and discussing it.

I can accept the facts when the facts are acceptable and valid.
__________________
X360 Gamertag: MartyMcFly88 PSN ID: martymcfly88
if a post is bold it's a moderating decision.
Stephen is online now  
Old 08-11-2018, 18:55   #2159
Mick
Proud Ex EU Citizen.
Cable Forum Team
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 12,513
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

My thread, I can close it if I want, don’t need your permission. (And I’m also one of the site owners that also gives me the right- A very big one too) !!!
Mick is offline  
Old 09-11-2018, 22:03   #2160
Hom3r
All true..Except the lies
 
Hom3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Age: 50
Services: 1 V6 Tivo, 2x1TB Tivo, , SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 8, 2TB & 3 TB WD NAS, Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy To
Posts: 15,070
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

I heard a comedian saying "Trump is to politics , what Josef Fritzl is to child care"
__________________
I voted leave, Leave means leave, and NO to an illegal 2nd referendum. We already voted in a democratic vote. Twitter Facebook
My Blog
Hom3r is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:40.


Server: xenon.zmnt.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.