Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 14-11-2015, 19:53   #1486
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
Oh! No! My Windows 10 Home Premium attempted to automatically upgrade to version 1511, 10586 last night. Guess what? It failed at the same point my original Windows 10 upgrade used to fail until I stripped the PC down to bare bones. Have MS not yet overcome the vagaries of systems with different configurations? This is pathetic, bordering on the criminally negligent.
I've heard dozens of people having the same problem today.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-11-2015, 09:52   #1487
dave6x
Inactive

Services: VM BBL 3Mb> 10Mb> 20Mb> 30Mb> 50Mb> 70Mb
dave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond repute

Installed the update on my laptop last night, took nearly as long to install as the upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10.

Everything seems to be working OK and maybe a little faster too!

However check your Privacy settings, mine had reset to default and needed resetting!
dave6x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2015, 20:11   #1488
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Just installed update on one of my Pcs and the Laptop.

Why is this update only for Home and not pro?
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2015, 20:28   #1489
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Today I upgraded our two i7 laptops with no issues whatsoever. I also upgraded my old dual core PC with just the video drivers uninstalled. This is the one where I sacrificed all my old apps and setting to upgrade to the original windows 10 release. I guess this made the version upgrade easier.

Up to now I haven't been able to upgrade my 2011 quad core PC. This is the one I have to strip down to bare bones to upgrade, because I opted to keep my apps and settings when I installed W10. I'll wait until I have a spare couple of hours.

Remembering the ease with which I upgraded from XP to Windows 7 on this machine, I wonder if a Windows 10 retail CD will be as trouble-free when it is released?
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2015, 20:51   #1490
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
Just installed update on one of my Pcs and the Laptop.

Why is this update only for Home and not pro?
This update is for Home and Pro, what is your issue?
Old 15-11-2015, 22:01   #1491
alanbjames
R.I.P.

alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Well my PC which is pro isn't detecting the update at all.
Old 15-11-2015, 23:21   #1492
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
Well my PC which is pro isn't detecting the update at all.
I have heard that happen before, get it from the site using ms official tool, I posted the link yesterday.

---------- Post added at 23:21 ---------- Previous post was at 23:18 ----------

http://www.windowscentral.com/use-me...date-windows10
Old 16-11-2015, 00:56   #1493
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Thanks Snoopz but i found what the problem was.

For some reason defer updates was ticked.
Old 16-11-2015, 08:24   #1494
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

I think I'll still hold fire for now. It'll have to be pretty special as my win 8.1 64 runs like a dream, everything works & with Classic Start Menu I get the start menu of my choice. I'm not seeing anything so far compelling me to switch for.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2015, 12:42   #1495
progers
Pete

Services: Broadband Up to 100Mb ~ TV Mix & TiVo 1Tb ~ Phone: Talk More Anytime
progers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these parts

Update ran today, Laptop now in an endless cycle, tries to start, turns off, tries again..........all I get is the ACER logo, then restarts.

Just downloading the Windows media on spare PC to try a start up repair!
progers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2015, 15:46   #1496
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Mine updated fine this morning.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2015, 15:57   #1497
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Cortana is not working after the latest Windows 10 64bit Pro update to 1511 10586, it worked before the update?
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2015, 17:46   #1498
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
Cortana is not working after the latest Windows 10 64bit Pro update to 1511 10586, it worked before the update?
No issues here, it just sang me a song!
Old 16-11-2015, 17:50   #1499
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

No problems here with Cortana either.
Old 17-11-2015, 08:07   #1500
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Just installed update on my laptop working very well