Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | M1000 is available. How to order?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

M1000 is available. How to order?

Old 21-05-2020, 10:28   #181
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: M1000 is available. How to order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post

That's the problem. I can't access anything via 100.1 , i.e. no GUI.
Roughie,

I do get the splash screen that offers login or stats. Both in Chrome and Edge & Safari on the iPhone. It's just that when I hit the stats link, it just goes sort of hourglass. If I log in with the password, I can get the stats as I described.

So I don't know what's happening in your case.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-05-2020, 10:44   #182
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Roughie,

I do get the splash screen that offers login or stats. Both in Chrome and Edge & Safari on the iPhone. It's just that when I hit the stats link, it just goes sort of hourglass. If I log in with the password, I can get the stats as I described.

So I don't know what's happening in your case.
Could it be anything to do with the GT-AX11000 allocating 192.168.50.** IP addresses? Subnet is 255.255.255.0 as usual.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2020, 10:46   #183
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Hey Seph, Openreach have just signed a contract with Nokia for ONT's capable of 10Gb symmetrical.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...it-for-uk.html
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2020, 10:55   #184
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Could it be anything to do with the GT-AX11000 allocating 192.168.50.** IP addresses? Subnet is 255.255.255.0 as usual.
no and you can change that if you want to anyway. Every now and again when there is a problem with my connection (like I had the other day) the shub goes weird and even though it is up and running I can't get to the gui. I have to reboot the shub and then I can get to .100.1 and look at the stats.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2020, 10:55   #185
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Can't see how, Roughie. The AX1100 IP address range is different from the Hub 4 IP range.

I presume you've done the usual of rebooting the Hub 4?

Old 21-05-2020, 11:07   #186
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Can't see how, Roughie. The AX1100 IP address range is different from the Hub 4 IP range.

I presume you've done the usual of rebooting the Hub 4?
Yes.

---------- Post added at 10:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
no and you can change that if you want to anyway. Every now and again when there is a problem with my connection (like I had the other day) the shub goes weird and even though it is up and running I can't get to the gui. I have to reboot the shub and then I can get to .100.1 and look at the stats.
OK. I'll give i time. Reboot hasn't worked yet
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2020, 11:24   #187
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Hey Seph, Openreach have just signed a contract with Nokia for ONT's capable of 10Gb symmetrical.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...it-for-uk.html
Pip,

From your link this quote:

Quote:
Clive Selley, CEO of Openreach, said:

“We’re accelerating our full fibre build to deliver an ultrafast, ultra-reliable and futureproof broadband network throughout the UK. This new digital platform will help our economy to bounce back more quickly from the Covid-19 pandemic – enabling people to continue work from home, and millions of businesses to operate seamlessly online for decades to come. Right now, we’re making the new network available to around 32,000 homes and businesses every week, and Nokia’s innovative solutions are helping us to build it better, broader and faster. Our partnership with Nokia will be critical in helping us to upgrade the nation and hit our target of reaching four and a half million premises by the end of March 2021.”
What a load of weasel worded bollocks. I'm sure what he says about deliverables. But linking it to CV19 is ridiculous in the context of only 4.5M premises by end March-21. And that's the target - not 25 million homes!

Other than that, it's good news for the future. I like the thought of VM being put under pressure.

As regards pole-strung fibre (well present in the USA):

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...-fast-kit.html

Old 21-05-2020, 11:43   #188
watercooled
cf.member

watercooled is an unknown quantity at this point

That's interesting about the stats Seph, what sort of thing does it show for 3.1 now?

@roughbeast does 192.168.0.1 work? 192.168.100.1 doesn't work even on the Hub 3 for me. If you're in modem mode and the router is in the same subnet it could be an issue.
watercooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2020, 13:01   #189
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Pip,

From your link this quote:

What a load of weasel worded bollocks. I'm sure what he says about deliverables. But linking it to CV19 is ridiculous in the context of only 4.5M premises by end March-21. And that's the target - not 25 million homes!

Other than that, it's good news for the future. I like the thought of VM being put under pressure.

As regards pole-strung fibre (well present in the USA):

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...-fast-kit.html

That article was about G.Fast to the pole. AFAIK Openreach didn't go any further than one trial. Pole strung fibre is already here and being pushed out (as I'm sure you know).

Attached Images
File Type: png 2020-05-21 12_00_07-About pippincp - BT Community.png (655.9 KB, 112 views)
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 23:08   #190
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Yep, pole strung in my street. BT doing their 1gig "full fibre" from it.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote