Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 09-12-2019, 21:10   #2311
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularCapital View Post
Received a message on Nat Geo Wild (channel 264), saying that the channel will go HD only from Friday 13th December.

Thanks for that.

BTW your photo seems to show that your TV is cropping the picture. Since I don't have NG Wild I'm not sure how their logo normally looks in the corner, but the yellow rectangle is off the edge of the screen.

Having previously had a TV which cropped all the way around and didn't allow it to be fixed in the settings I'm familiar with this sort of thing. It may be worth your while looking though. Our replacement TV fortunately had the suitable settings, on ours it was Full Pixel that was needed.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 09-12-2019 at 21:21.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2019, 21:31   #2312
RegularCapital
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media
RegularCapital is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Thanks for that.

BTW your photo seems to show that your TV is cropping the picture. Since I don't have NG Wild I'm not sure how their logo normally looks in the corner, but the yellow rectangle is off the edge of the screen.

Having previously had a TV which cropped all the way around and didn't allow it to be fixed in the settings I'm familiar with this sort of thing. It may be worth your while looking though. Our replacement TV fortunately had the suitable settings, on ours it was Full Pixel that was needed.
Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look at the settings, I mostly use the TV nowadays to record continuities and to inspect the output, the main TV is downstairs.
RegularCapital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:10   #2313
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

JJ20X on Forumbox says 262 for Nat Geo WILD seems to indicate it was used only for tests. The new stream carrying it has been moved to the channel's existing EPG number (264) and channel is now available to L/Fun tier customers.
Old 10-12-2019, 14:21   #2314
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Media Boy HQ has been told by Media Boy Sources that "Comcast plan to have the peacock app available to Virgin Media V6, BT Youview, SkyQ boxes" by 2021.

Also we have seen documents suggesting WB streaming service will not be on V6 in near future.

©copyright 2019 Media Boy 2006 - 2019. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 14:30   #2315
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Media Boy HQ has been told by Media Boy Sources that "Comcast plan to have the peacock app available to Virgin Media V6, BT Youview, SkyQ boxes" by 2021.

Also we have seen documents suggesting WB streaming service will not be on V6 in near future.

Well that won't please certain posters that is for sure...
Old 10-12-2019, 14:51   #2316
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Only if they continue to not use a capital letter. Otherwise I'm fine.
Old 10-12-2019, 16:08   #2317
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
No, it won't. Thank heavens for the Roku!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 16:17   #2318
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No, it won't. Thank heavens for the Roku!
Well given your OH has no intention of getting rid of Virgin it seems you are stuck with it despite your protestations.
Old 10-12-2019, 16:51   #2319
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

I’m happy with that because that’s one service I’m after. I also understand that Peacock will be a free, ad-supported service like YouTube, with the option of a paid, ad-free version.
Aguero9320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 18:27   #2320
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

As someone who hasnt kept up what is:
1) the Peacock app.
2) What is the WB streaming service

I would have thought we wouldnt get anything from comcast direct as their tv shows are owned by different companies internationally
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 18:31   #2321
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
As someone who hasnt kept up what is:
1) the Peacock app.
2) What is the WB streaming service

I would have thought we wouldnt get anything from comcast direct as their tv shows are owned by different companies internationally
Look at the logo for NBC it's meant to be a peacocks tail guess wb would be warner bros but not sure
Old 11-12-2019, 07:26   #2322
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

The Warner Brothers app is basically HBO stuff with Warner Brothers films added. As you know we receive HBO programming through Sky Atlantic in this country, hence the reason we won't be getting it in the UK initially.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/29/m...nch/index.html
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 13:55   #2323
RegularCapital
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media
RegularCapital is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The Warner Brothers app is basically HBO stuff with Warner Brothers films added. As you know we receive HBO programming through Sky Atlantic in this country, hence the reason we won't be getting it in the UK initially.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/29/m...nch/index.html
I don't think HBO Max (Warner Bros. new streaming service) will be coming to the UK as long as they have content deal with a third party such as Sky. HBO themselves don't usually broadcast or provide services in countries where they have a deal with a local partner, India is probably the only exception, but their version of HBO only airs movies, their shows air on Star World.

WarnerMedia has also signed up to a comprehensive deal with Sky for a chunk of the content that will be available on HBO Max as well as more VOD content for their kids channels.

Also I have checked my TV settings, and there's no way to sort out the picture cropping, it's quite an old (10 years) and cheap TV anyway, it's still working so I have no reason to get rid of it.

Last edited by RegularCapital; 11-12-2019 at 14:26.
RegularCapital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 14:06   #2324
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

And then there's another Warner Brothers streaming service, DC Universe. I can't see that coming to UK either, for similar reasons.
Old 11-12-2019, 14:36   #2325
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
And then there's another Warner Brothers streaming service, DC Universe. I can't see that coming to UK either, for similar reasons.
Perhaps for now but will depend on what deal can be done with Sky for new rights.
That's always a gamechanger.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote