Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media UK Offering Free Upgrades to HUB 4 Router Again

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Media UK Offering Free Upgrades to HUB 4 Router Again

Old 21-10-2020, 14:19   #1
Grimpy
cf.addict

Grimpy is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Media UK Offering Free Upgrades to HUB 4 Router Again

Anyone had this offer?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...ter-again.html
Grimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-10-2020, 15:51   #2
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
Re: Virgin Media UK Offering Free Upgrades to HUB 4 Router Again

Just rang virgin in regards to this offer and was told its only open to certain people in certain areas and if ur one of them u will get an email inviting u to free upgrade.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2020, 16:49   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Correct, you can't ask for a Hub 4.

It's either part of Gig1 or you'll be offered it by Virgin Media.
Old 21-10-2020, 16:55   #4
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
Just rang virgin in regards to this offer and was told its only open to certain people in certain areas and if ur one of them u will get an email inviting u to free upgrade.
It says that in the ISPReview report.

Quote:
In the associated email customers, at least those who have received the message (it’s being done in a phased way, so if you haven’t got the message then you can’t benefit.. yet), are told: “We are upgrading your current broadband kit for a new Hub 4. Your existing Hub will be automatically deactivated six days after the install date for your new Hub 4.”
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2020, 17:42   #5
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

(Slightly) related post.

Read the above, so thought I would log on to VM to see what was available (we currently have 100Mb/Hub2AC, Full House TV, Talk Weekends (Full House Bundle)).

Couldn’t see anything about the Hub4, but one thing did catch my eye - offer to upgrade to the Bigger Cinema Bundle (350Mb, Maxit TV & Sky Cinema HD, and Talk Weekends) for £3 per month extra (18 month contract).

Ordered and confirmed.

Strange, since the upgrade to 350Mb on its own was an extra £16 per month, but I’m not complaining...

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 14C67233-7769-4509-8CE3-E4D2C8995628.jpeg (193.4 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpeg 2C71836F-EBCA-4C1B-8A9F-00578BC96F25.jpeg (41.8 KB, 257 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2020, 17:49   #6
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

A big hike in cost after the 18 month loyalty period though.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2020, 17:52   #7
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I’ll drop it back then - getting it mainly for the 350Mb for £3 extra, but I’m happy with 100Mb (and I’ll take the Sky Cinema HD as a bonus).

Last edited by Hugh; 21-10-2020 at 18:24.
Old 21-10-2020, 20:13   #8
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Correct, you can't ask for a Hub 4.

It's either part of Gig1 or you'll be offered it by Virgin Media.
Yes got an email on Monday. Being delivered next week.
Old 21-10-2020, 21:18   #9
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

I got the free hub 4 offer in an email about 3 weeks ago. As soon as it was delivered I upgraded to the Gig1 for the same price I was paying for my 350Mb.

Last edited by Jimmy-J; 21-10-2020 at 21:22.
Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 16:15   #10
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
(Slightly) related post.

Read the above, so thought I would log on to VM to see what was available (we currently have 100Mb/Hub2AC, Full House TV, Talk Weekends (Full House Bundle)).

Couldn’t see anything about the Hub4, but one thing did catch my eye - offer to upgrade to the Bigger Cinema Bundle (350Mb, Maxit TV & Sky Cinema HD, and Talk Weekends) for £3 per month extra (18 month contract).

Ordered and confirmed.

Strange, since the upgrade to 350Mb on its own was an extra £16 per month, but I’m not complaining...
Hub3 delivered just before lunch, activated, getting 384Mb/s, Movie Channels all available - took a bit of sorting out, but Beth_G on the Community Forum resolved it all eventually - she’s a star.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7BA6F36C-CF97-487E-A695-BA4D294FE109.jpeg (15.7 KB, 130 views)