Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 4K UHD Football on Virgin Media (Season 17/18)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Loyalty team

Old 30-12-2018, 12:09   #1
BULLROOT
cf.member

BULLROOT is an unknown quantity at this point
Loyalty team

I got a call from a lady in Loyalty dept yesterday - she asked a lot of questions and then offered a deal on Sky Sports package at extra15?? per month - is this some sort of scam????
BULLROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-12-2018, 12:20   #2
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: Loyalty team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLROOT View Post
I got a call from a lady in Loyalty dept yesterday - she asked a lot of questions and then offered a deal on Sky Sports package at extra15?? per month - is this some sort of scam????
Did they know your details and ask for your account password ?
If not then a scam, if they did then genuine but imo annoying nevertheless.
daveeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 12:26   #3
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Did they know your details and ask for your account password ?
If not then a scam, if they did then genuine but imo annoying nevertheless.

Not sure why being offered a discount on a package is annoying - you either take it or leave it.

Annoying for those that pay the full price perhaps.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 12:30   #4
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Not sure why being offered a discount on a package is annoying - you either take it or leave it.

Annoying for those that pay the full price perhaps.

Annoying because they used to spam me, ringing multiple times a week, offering either mobile phone deals or new Tivo / faster BB. No didn't seem to be a recognised word on their checklist despite repeated requests to stop ringing.
If I want anything I ring them.
Old 30-12-2018, 13:26   #5
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Annoying because they used to spam me, ringing multiple times a week, offering either mobile phone deals or new Tivo / faster BB. No didn't seem to be a recognised word on their checklist despite repeated requests to stop ringing.
If I want anything I ring them.
I had trouble stopping VM calling. Managed to opt out of every other company ok, guess VM always will have your phone no ! Managed to stop them eventually but it took a complaint.

Just as you shouldnt buy anything on the doorstep, never buy something from someone who rings you out of the blue.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 13:28   #6
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I had trouble stopping VM calling. Managed to opt out of every other company ok, guess VM always will have your phone no ! Managed to stop them eventually but it took a complaint.

Just as you shouldnt buy anything on the doorstep, never buy something from someone who rings you out of the blue.
The only way I managed to stop them was by unplugging the landline phone
I'll give them 10/10 for persistence.
Old 30-12-2018, 13:30   #7
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

It’s easy to opt out of marketing calls. You can do it through My Virginmedia.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 13:33   #8
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
You can now, but it hasn't always been that way. They hardly highlight the opt out either.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 14:09   #9
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Do you know if that works for Virgin Mobile? I go through periods of getting called daily for a few weeks a few times a year. I check the number on VM forums to see if it's them (and it is apparently) but I never pick up. And I can't block them as my phone doesn't do that.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 15:56   #10
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Do you know if that works for Virgin Mobile? I go through periods of getting called daily for a few weeks a few times a year. I check the number on VM forums to see if it's them (and it is apparently) but I never pick up. And I can't block them as my phone doesn't do that.
I’m not a Virgin Mobile customer but am aware that there is a different signon to a Virgin Mobile account so would expect it to be there, not through My Virginmedia, otherwise the phone, I guess.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 17:23   #11
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
I’m not a Virgin Mobile customer but am aware that there is a different signon to a Virgin Mobile account so would expect it to be there, not through My Virginmedia, otherwise the phone, I guess.
I thought so. Phoning can be a pain.

Thanks RobboEdin.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote