Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 04-10-2018, 09:53   #2026
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Same here, took about an hour all in.
Old 04-10-2018, 14:57   #2027
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Just started downloading it at 14:50 so lets see how long my install takes...
Old 04-10-2018, 15:23   #2028
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Took a little longer than an hour.

All seems to be working, it informed me that it had removed Home Group but it did that on the last update??

Thankfully all network devices appear to be working fine, it was a real PITA to get them up and running after the last update removed Home Group.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 15:51   #2029
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Just started downloading it at 14:50 so lets see how long my install takes...

All completed in 53mins, no issues as far as i can tell.

---------- Post added at 15:51 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

Just a heads up people are having some issues so be careful.

Quote:
People are already having problems though, as there's a Task Manager known issue, there's an issue with an Intel driver, and now, users are reporting that upon upgrading to the new feature update, their files are going missing. According to a thread on Reddit, people are finding that their documents, pictures, music, and videos are all done.
Source
Old 04-10-2018, 16:30   #2030
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

All fine here .

Updated 2 x Pc and 2 x laptop

No issues.
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 19:10   #2031
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Just did mine via the media creation software, one system down only 4 more to go lol.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 20:30   #2032
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

What's the latest stable build? I just reverted back to version 1809, build 17763.1 / from an evaluation copy, build 18252.rs

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 20:43   #2033
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

The latest is the build you have installed.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/itpr...se-information
Old 04-10-2018, 21:05   #2034
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Quote:
The latest is the build you have installed.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/itpr...se-information
Cheers, In that case, it's as stable as can be, no problems here AFAICS.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 16:44   #2035
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

This update has been pulled and Microsoft asks users not to install it if they have downloaded it manually.

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsof...serious-issues
Old 06-10-2018, 17:08   #2036
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
This update has been pulled and Microsoft asks users not to install it if they have downloaded it manually.

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsof...serious-issues
This is why i have made it so i can install updates only after i have seen Microsoft have issued a good one. They have a bad reputation for messing up there updates and therefor messing up your PC

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer

Last edited by Sirius; 06-10-2018 at 18:27.
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 20:51   #2037
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Ive no problem with the update.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 21:10   #2038
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Both the updates I did took well over two hours but I did then through update function in the control panel not from a downloaded link. No problems at all ATM.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 21:12   #2039
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
This is why i have made it so i can install updates only after i have seen Microsoft have issued a good one. They have a bad reputation for messing up there updates and therefor messing up your PC
It seems you've had enough of Windows!...

https://www.linuxmint.com/

HTH
Old 07-10-2018, 06:10   #2040
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi banashapan View Post
It seems you've had enough of Windows!...

https://www.linuxmint.com/

HTH
Indeed i only have 1 windows machine the rest are on Linux. I only have the windows machine so i can play elite dangerous. I do love Mint it is much better than Ubuntu

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote