Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | CableHell Status

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

CableHell Status
Closed Thread

Old 21-05-2009, 21:34   #151
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: CableHell is Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
Our fault Moldova, we had a change of hosts and it took the DNS a while to catch up, should be working now though.
Still playing me up but it will be back up eventually.
Advertisement
Old 21-05-2009, 21:37   #152
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

and we kept ALL the attachments from the site when we moved.... *whistles innocently while looking round CF at all the empty link placeholders from when they moved servers with the SAME host*
Old 22-05-2009, 09:40   #153
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
and we kept ALL the attachments from the site when we moved.... *whistles innocently while looking round CF at all the empty link placeholders from when they moved servers with the SAME host*
I can access it now, just the DNS messing my connection around.
Old 22-05-2009, 09:57   #154
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Just been there, no problems. VM's DNS does seem very leisurely about updating.
As Lord Nikon said above they changed hosts and it just took a bit of time for my connection to catch up.
Old 22-05-2009, 12:13   #155
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I'm on be broadband and I'm still getting 'Board Offline'!
Old 22-05-2009, 12:39   #156
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

try http://78.110.174.155 as a link to the site until the DNS updates enough...

Thought the DNS would have updated by now...
Old 22-05-2009, 12:42   #157
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Er I get 'monkey's hanging in a tree!'
Old 22-05-2009, 12:45   #158
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Er I get 'monkey's hanging in a tree!'
I get the same on that link.
Old 22-05-2009, 12:55   #159
Lord Nikon
Inactive

hmm, so do I, ok.. try the open DNS system at 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 to route your access... or perhaps http://www.bypassfirewallnow.com
Old 22-05-2009, 13:05   #160
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

The bypass firewall now thing finds no page

And I can't change the DNS settings on the be box without difficulty - it's a Speedtouch after all
Old 22-05-2009, 13:55   #161
Lord Nikon
Inactive

try changing them on your internet connection, that would bypass the default settings set by the be box

by that I mean if you go to network connections in the control panel, in properties you can set IP and DNS entries, leave the IP on DHCP allocated but set the DNS to the open ones...

Hopefully the DNS propagation will have finished updating soon, if not I'll have it looked into.
Old 22-05-2009, 14:12   #162
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Ok that worked

Will try again later with the be DNS servers
Old 22-05-2009, 14:13   #163
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I can assure you none of the CF team has hacked in to the site and caused mischief.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 22-05-2009, 14:21   #164
Lord Nikon
Inactive

I am certain of that too Russ lol.

slow DNS updates some of these ISPs have. Our new server will allow a few extras to be brought into play easier. And like I said, no data was lost in the move.
Old 22-05-2009, 21:12   #165
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Sorted - now working with Be's DNS servers