Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Pace box error codes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

virgin box - card slot

Old 18-09-2007, 23:43   #1
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society
virgin box - card slot

Just been playing and sorting my wires out on my virgin box.

since the install i havnt got all the channels i should be getting im on the M package for tv but dont have many of the listed ones i should be getting.

i get an error when selecting the channels i should have telling me to call virgin.

anyway i took the card out and for the life of me dunno what slot it came out of i have 2 ..top or bottom? what should it be the card / box functions the same regardless of where i put the card. Does it matter?
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-09-2007, 23:53   #2
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: virgin box - card slot

It should go in the bottom slot
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 00:14   #3
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society
Re: virgin box - card slot

i will go chuck it in that and have a restart (again)

Thanks for the help

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

seems its my 4001n.

silly pace!
btw whats the ethernet port on the back for? i got a network port next to the box anything super duper if i plug it in?
Old 19-09-2007, 00:17   #4
Nedkelly
Inactive

Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: virgin box - card slot

There not used anymore they were used for broadband depending on the network you were on
Old 19-09-2007, 10:42   #5
SOSAGES
Inactive

well no one at virgin would belive me when i said my box was being recalled..

seems i have to drive home sit in front of my box and watch them send a signal to my card
Old 19-09-2007, 16:03   #6
SOSAGES
Inactive

ok called up lots of times now each and every time they want the number off my card and my mobile number and tell me the same thing

i asked them to make a note of my details the first time the 5th time its taking the mick
Especially as they havnt fixed anything, getting me to reboot the box for 2 mins dosnt fix anything i know this as i have done it for the last 3 days

so eventually i have an engineer coming out (why i dunno) i also have an engineer coming out to fix my phone line as well but apperently the same dude cant do both jobs

i can view channels like itv 2 and channel 4 + 1 but cant get e4 ftn teacher channel etc ..
i may phone customer services and have a moan .
Old 19-09-2007, 17:22   #7
sstainer
Inactive

Services: VIP package
sstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to sstainer

might be any idea to goto settings option 6 technical details and write them down snr signal strength etc also look on the area in there that displays the details of faults with box n or signal errors
sstainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 10:12   #8
SOSAGES
Inactive

i called customer serviecs and they told me my tv service was canceled (news to me) so they reactivated it but it didnt make a difference. i will check out the snr etc later
Old 21-09-2007, 19:09   #9
SOSAGES
Inactive

snr seem fine.
had an engineer out he said my card was not paired he said he would sort it and told me to wait 30 mins for the change to happen.
4 hours later nothing.
called tech support the nice indian ladies keep telling me to restart my box i keep explaining ive done this since monday they then told me to leave it for 2 hours.

its madness as i get a new person each time and no one makes any damn notes calling up 5 times a day since monday and doing the same thing is a nightmare.
ive restarted it lots stop telling me to turn it on and off
for the love of god give me someone in the UK to talk to and fix it

---------- Post added at 18:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

another phone call same thing So its not fixed after restarting the box so i get another engineer (3 days off work now) - opps cant book an engineer system is down.
can i talk to customer services? sure but its a 45 min wait
no thanks.. call me back about my engineer, oh and get my name right just once and dont call me miss/mrs
Old 21-09-2007, 20:43   #10
Nedkelly
Inactive

Angry Re: virgin box - card slot

I can not belive this is still ongoing All install and service techs have to wait at the property until the box recieves the package unless there is a delay then we are told how long the delay is and the customer is informed .What gets me is when you call they tell you ill send a booster signal call back in 2 hours later you call back and 1 get told the same or you need a tech .Not right ill get second level to look at this to see why the hit has not gone to your box Sorry to rant but ive had 4 calls to day for simple faults that can be fixed over the phone if only they had the trainning
Old 21-09-2007, 21:31   #11
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedkelly View Post
I can not belive this is still ongoing All install and service techs have to wait at the property until the box recieves the package unless there is a delay then we are told how long the delay is and the customer is informed .What gets me is when you call they tell you ill send a booster signal call back in 2 hours later you call back and 1 get told the same or you need a tech .Not right ill get second level to look at this to see why the hit has not gone to your box Sorry to rant but ive had 4 calls to day for simple faults that can be fixed over the phone if only they had the trainning
But it's all OK cause VM are saving loads of money to give to their shareholders and big fat bonus's to give to their Execs and that is all they care about.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2007, 21:43   #12
SOSAGES
Inactive

on the plus side my phone line now works since the install took place on monday.
seems the engineer didnt actually plug me into the ntl phone system and just left me on a BT cable that was cut off.

=)
anyway waiting 2 hours from 830 to get an engineer (maybe)
Old 22-09-2007, 00:29   #13
SOSAGES
Inactive

i have a dude coming tuesday between 8-12..
what joy