Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 23-04-2017, 06:52   #1081
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Any idea why my TiVo suddenly goes through welcome stage and starting up but then no picture and also the box is still recording the shows
Been happening to me a couple of times over the last week as well.
Advertisement
Old 23-04-2017, 08:06   #1082
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

What solves issue I can't fix it
Old 23-04-2017, 11:34   #1083
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I'm glad for you, Sam, but I think your new channel will be a bit of a let down!

Unless you enjoy third rate black and white films, that is!
As I've previously said it's a channel I'l dip into from time to time.
Old 23-04-2017, 12:17   #1084
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

There is only one old B&W film a day on Teeside.

But apart from a short local news programme - most of the schedule of all local tv channels is old fillers.

Quote:
I'm glad for you, Sam, but I think your new channel will be a bit of a let down!

Unless you enjoy third rate black and white films, that is!
Old 23-04-2017, 14:27   #1085
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

When cable tv first started in the UK, some of the old cablecos teamed up with colleges to produce content and even a few channels launched. In my area, we were meant to get a "proper" local tv channel in the early 90s, but it only got as far as a text service. It was meant to extend to a one hour news/current affairs show in the evening, but that never materialised.

As the cablecos started merging with each other and the "local" aspect of the companies started to be watered down as they grew into national companies, the idea of real local tv disappeared with them.

Cable can and should be able to deliver local tv, with advertising coming from local business, but this has never been harnessed, it's barely ever got off the ground.

These "made in" channels, are not local tv.
Old 23-04-2017, 14:56   #1086
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Local TV has always been garbage in the UK, there isn't enough local business money available to support a decent channel that people are interested in watching
Old 23-04-2017, 15:12   #1087
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
When cable tv first started in the UK, some of the old cablecos teamed up with colleges to produce content and even a few channels launched. In my area, we were meant to get a "proper" local tv channel in the early 90s, but it only got as far as a text service. It was meant to extend to a one hour news/current affairs show in the evening, but that never materialised.

As the cablecos started merging with each other and the "local" aspect of the companies started to be watered down as they grew into national companies, the idea of real local tv disappeared with them.

Cable can and should be able to deliver local tv, with advertising coming from local business, but this has never been harnessed, it's barely ever got off the ground.

These "made in" channels, are not local tv.
I'm old enough to remember when cinemas had adverts for local restaurants on car showrooms. I think local advertising is quite dead and the internet is king for this type of thing now.
Old 23-04-2017, 15:30   #1088
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm old enough to remember when cinemas had adverts for local restaurants on car showrooms. I think local advertising is quite dead and the internet is king for this type of thing now.
Yes I remember local advertising at cinema.
Local TV should be all about local TV program makers and local advertising. I'm sure they could make it work if they wanted to.
Old 23-04-2017, 21:27   #1089
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
In my area, we were meant to get a "proper" local tv channel in the early 90s, but it only got as far as a text service. It was meant to extend to a one hour news/current affairs show in the evening, but that never materialised.
Yes, our local channel was pretty much just a text service too. The only programme it ever showed was "What 2 Watch" which was a preview of the week's programmes on cable presented by Debbie Flint. L!ve TV also showed a short-lived behind the scenes series at a local football club too - I guess this was played-out via tape at the local cable site.
Old 24-04-2017, 00:55   #1090
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough

STV2 re-branding and Merging of Edinburgh and Glasgow - starts tomorrow 24/4 hopefully getting better content....
Old 24-04-2017, 09:05   #1091
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
As I've previously said it's a channel I'l dip into from time to time.
Point taken, Sam, although avoiding it altogether would sound sensible to me!
Old 24-04-2017, 12:12   #1092
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Point taken, Sam, although avoiding it altogether would sound sensible to me!
That wouldn't make sense if I saw something on I fancied watching, would it?
Old 24-04-2017, 14:25   #1093
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
That wouldn't make sense if I saw something on I fancied watching, would it?
No, that would make perfect sense, although if London Live is anything to go by, I can't think what on Earth you would find of interest on there, given the programme choice you have on other channels.

However, if you do find anything good, do tell us what it is! I am always happy to re-evaluate my views when better evidence is produced.
Old 24-04-2017, 14:40   #1094
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

STV2 is now broadcasting a barker on Angus transmitter. Despite its Mux being broadcast on a lower power I can receive the Mux on the fringes/outside its coverage area.

No sign of it on my Tivo though so maybe they will be enforcing the official local coverage areas on cable network.
Old 24-04-2017, 14:50   #1095
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
There was absolutely no chance of losing your service Richard as this was a very minor update by all accounts.

A minor update that produced some annoying results. ggrrrrr BBC1 and AD
Closed Thread