Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New content for Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Total Country closing.

Old 19-11-2019, 12:23   #1
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Total Country closing.

Total Country is closing on ALL platforms TODAY.

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/11/tota...el-closes.html

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 ----------

And here is the tweet confirming it.
https://twitter.com/TotalCountryTV/s...29860611289088

---------- Post added at 11:23 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

The company running it run Clubland and the NOW music channels, so it may get replaced. Some have already speculated NOW 70s may be launching, certainly sounds plausible.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-11-2019, 17:47   #2
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Total Country closing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Total Country is closing on ALL platforms TODAY.

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/11/tota...el-closes.html

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 ----------

And here is the tweet confirming it.
https://twitter.com/TotalCountryTV/s...29860611289088

---------- Post added at 11:23 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

The company running it run Clubland and the NOW music channels, so it may get replaced. Some have already speculated NOW 70s may be launching, certainly sounds plausible.
Wow - I will really miss it🙄
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 22:40   #3
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Looking at the guide on TiVo it has updated and Total Country seems to be running the Now80’s schedule while the Now 80’s channel has nothing but Christmas songs listed.

Looks like it will revert in the new year to the anticipated Now 70’s channel which is mentioned a few times on the EPG as Now 80’s presents Now 70’s
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2019, 00:55   #4
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all

I liked CMT Europe but it closed 21 years ago with a 10m usd debt. Never saw Total Country.
JPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2019, 17:55   #5
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

AATW music channel re-jig:

345 Clubland TV
346 NOW XMAS (was NOW 80s)
347 NOW 90s
348 NOW 80s (was Total Country)
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2019, 10:29   #6
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

50's/60's music would be more of interest to me. Then folk, then classical. I guess a lot of these wouldn't have much video content though.
Old 21-11-2019, 19:57   #7
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
50's/60's music would be more of interest to me. Then folk, then classical. I guess a lot of these wouldn't have much video content though.
I remember watching music videos to accompany the music of the Beatles' Abbey Road album just before its release. It was aired on BBC2. I'd love to see that again but I haven't been able to trace where it went. I wonder if it will appear on Britbox?

Unfortunately, I think it might well have been taped over.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2019, 22:25   #8
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

The only country music I can abide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdvVFNU7z9k
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote