Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Arrow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Arrow

Old 28-04-2016, 11:52   #1
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Arrow

Is it just me or does anyone else think Laurel isn't actually dead? I know we have just had the funeral, lots of crying and seen Oliver and Felicity "now" have like she is really gone and want revenge but in the last episode when she died my immediate reaction was that they faked it. Everything was going hunky dory and she was going to recover and all of a sudden she was dead. I appreciate that they might have written it that way for the shock effect to the audience but it is the way she was kind of saying good bye to Thea and everyone saying how much she loves them all and then reminiscing with Oliver before she made him promise her something and it all went quiet. If it was just a "promise me that if anything every happens to me you'll look after my dad" or something then we would have heard it.

I might be making myself look like a twit but I really believe that she isn't dead. I think they planned it and have injected her with some sort of sedative to induce a death-like state so everyone thinks she is dead and she can now do things off the radar and go after Damien Dark.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-04-2016, 18:44   #2
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Arrow

The thought crossed my mind, but then I remembered how bare bones Arrow became when they prioritised The Flash. It's still enjoyable but this has been one of the dullest seasons thus far. Season 3 was probably my most enjoyable. So I'm 50/50 although I've seen your theory on Reddit pretty strongly too.
Old 28-04-2016, 19:05   #3
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

excellent, I am glad I am not the only one who thought that, The sad thing is that I have been doing some googling and unless they are doing a massive rouse and trying to give people the biggest shock ever, it looks like they have actually killed her off. One of the producers has explained the decision behind getting rid of her character specifically and basically said they have done everything they can with her (relationship with Olly, the other guy, making up with Olly again, , love triangle between Olly, her and Feilicity, turning into Black Canary and ADA) and they felt her death would have the greatest impact on the other characters.

I agree with what you say about this season. I don't like undefeatable bad guys and the only way they can redeem this season is if they kill Dark. I am sick and tired of him getting away with really bad stuff and all the good guys suffering. I nearly exploded when they shot Felicity and all I can say is it is a good flipping job they found a way to make her walk again. I know there is a line between good and evil but given what had happened I would have been perfectly happy if they killed Dark's wife and daughter in retaliation for everything he has done and make him learn that even if he thinks he is invincible, there is a price for his actions.
Old 28-04-2016, 19:33   #4
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Malcolm Merlyn is one of the more annoying ones that follow this path. Screws them continuously but because he is Thea's biological father they just let him do it, defeat his evil plan then forget about it the next day even though he was quite willing to let his daughter die to keep his power atop of the League of Assassins.

Something sprung my mind anyway regarding Laurel, either the actress want's out or they faked her death. Seemingly killing a character off whilst the actress was still willing to make future shows isn't unheard of but they currently have a show that takes in side characters, Legends of Tomorrow of course, a show that desperately needs new additions and to lose some of the ones they have.

Either way, I've made it clear in other threads that despite the Dark Knight trilogy, I despise the DC movies because they always get it so wrong. I love everything Marvel but find their TV stuff a bit bland whilst I've enjoyed every bit of DCs TV shows I've seen thus far. They can not let this go to waste and keep biting off more than they can chew. Arrow deserves the same production quality as the Flash. We've seen the highs of Arrow and they're just as good as The Flash. I really don't see a reason for them to be putting Arrow on the back burner like they are. The budget for LoT is astonishing and will likely never reach the height of these other shows and for that Arrow is the main casualty thus far. I like LoT, it's not great but it's a fun watch at times but honestly, I'd cut it if it meant having the same production quality for Arrow as the first three seasons. Season 3 with the Ras storyline was excellent and finished even better, appearances by John Constantine and so on, Constantine is definitely someone that should be involved this season given the story arc but again, production and whatnot.

Lastly for the 'lulz' Last night's episode where Barry was beside him... or infact green screened in, that's how absurd it's got, usually they're dead on with CGI and green screens and whatnot and most of the time I can't tell but Barry Allen zooming off last night was absolute laziness, he almost moonwalked away it was so bad. You'd think they'd sync the timeline up too. That Barry is from the past so we're now ahead of Arrow in The Flash, despite the Flash having well over a month of breaks in episodes.

Anyway: This obviously doesn't speak for every fan, but I think the titles of these reddit threads about sums up what fans are thinking now https://www.reddit.com/r/arrow

You'll also find other theories like your own in there about Laurel.
Old 17-05-2016, 10:38   #5
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Nuclear bombs that actually wiped out a town? After every nuke in the world nearly launched? This is Arrow not the Avengers or Justice League. Every superhero needn't worry, Oliver Queen will save us. You just can't bring on a finale this absurd in a shared universe. Not much else to say.
Old 17-05-2016, 14:30   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

that story arc did bug me a bit but it was more because Felicity could prevent a world wide catastrophe and in the space of a few minutes and not the NSA/MI6/KGB.

What fascinates me though is the underground town Darkh has created to survive the apocalypse. I doubt we currently have the technology or money to build something so elaborate today but it makes me you wonder what sort of smaller scale equivalents have been created in mountains/government installations today which would include living quarters, communal areas, air filtration, water recycling and maybe a hydroponics section so a self contained environment can be viable for ~1 year in the event of an emergency.
Old 26-05-2016, 17:55   #7
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Well that was pretty mediocre Surely they'll give Arrow another good run rather than continuously pushing The Flash and Legends given the first three seasons of Arrow look like a masterpiece compared to LoT. This whole story arc had John Constantine written all over it yet he made two appearances which I guess seals the fact that he simply isn't coming back solo or cameo. His solo series was great and his Arrow appearances were epic. Annoying to see it scrapped after a single season especially after a dull LoT season and whatever Lucifer was.. A mix of brilliant and then dire boredom cop procedural.

Oh and that line by Damien (phone keeps inputting shark) about him being in the league of assassin's. Was he just completely unaware Oliver Queen was a member and killed Ra's and became Ra's?

I like John Barrowman but the merlyn character is getting ridiculous now. Betrayal, saves someone, teams up, betrayals again and so on to the point you struggle to keep up with the swerves. The guy is a mass murderer having committed genocide but Oliver and the teams refusal to deal with him pretty much sets up the Nuclear Apocalypse event in which tens of thousands die and nobody bats an eyelid about his responsibility bare in mind John killed his brother Andy.
Old 27-05-2016, 00:01   #8
General Maximus
Ran Away

I have just watched and am too tired to have a moan atm so I am going to save it till tomorrow morning.
Old 27-05-2016, 00:10   #9
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

That was just the worst season finale I think I have EVER seen!

Dear god. Just cancel it if its more of the same next season!
Old 27-05-2016, 01:42   #10
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

At present it can only be more of the same unless they inject some serious money into the budget. We're all aware that the creative team from Arrow jumped to the Flash and this is why the ship is suddenly turning the other way, then you had Legends with a massive budget then on top of that you had Supergirl. Any guesses where Arrow is currently sitting in that pile of production quality priority

Its blatantly clear they assumed Arrow had established itself enough to let them pull the rug out from underneath them whilst keeping the same level of quality. That's quickly backfired. I don't think Lucifer is any relation despite being a DC entity so haven't included it.

Basically I don't think Arrow is getting a fair share. I think Legends and the money that was pumped into it pretty much became the iceberg for Arrow.

I get that writers can't contribute to multiple things at once but DC are really starting to push things out way too fast and are neglecting the show that put their TV productions to all time highs. Unless Arrow gets its budget back and a decent creative team behind it again, I see nothing but another dismal nonsensical season
Old 27-05-2016, 01:45   #11
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

I've just watched the lacklustre finale to S4 and to say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

I'm wondering if it is just a prequel to season 5 (confirmed) being a "wind down" season.

If not they've got a lot to do to keep the interest going for it to manage a season 6.

Season 4 went out like a damp squib, season 5 surely has to start with a bang or they may as well forget it.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 11:21   #12
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Dear god. Just cancel it if its more of the same next season!
I was going to say the same thing but I wanted to give it the benefit of doubt.

I don't know where to start:
1) This time round nobody even questions Malcom's change in allegiance, asks him what he is doing or gives him any grief about his prior indiscretions.
2) We have only got 27 minutes till the world ends but sure, I'll run outside and make a speech.
3) There are 200 people shouting and fighting on the street yet they all manage to hear Oliver's voice clearly over everyone else's and all stop to listen because they haven't got anything else to think about or do.
4) They drill it into us that Damien is pretty much invincible now and it is pointless sending the Argus agents in and Oliver tells Felicity that his good magic isn't strong enough anymore
5) Instead of using the element of surprise Oliver walks into Darkh's lair and announces himself
6) All of a sudden Oliver now has the power to neutralise Darkh's magic but instead of aiming to kill him he lands a superficial blow
7) You would have thought after getting his ass kicked time and time again that ex-special forces man would learn to carry more than a 9mm around
8) What is going to be the bad guy/impending doom in the next season? Surely you can't beat 15,000 nukes and complete global annihilation?
Old 27-05-2016, 11:41   #13
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

also

9) After Darkh was killed, what happened to his daughter? was she just left in that cave thing?
10) There was no tease what so ever for next season. It ended as if that was the last episode ever!
Old 27-05-2016, 12:17   #14
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
10) There was no tease what so ever for next season. It ended as if that was the last episode ever!
I suppose so, I didn't look at it that way although in retrospect the way they flashed between the characters and them moving on with their lives definitely made it look like it was a series finale. I am not expecting it to be cancelled so I viewed it as if they were setting up something completely different for next season to give it a fresh start. Rather than having to waste time in the opening episode establishing itself and explaining to us what the characters have done, we know now that they have gone their separate ways and we expect them to do x, y and z and lead a certain lifestyle. I think the next season will start off "2 years later............" where Oliver has settled in as a seasoned Mayor for example and can get straight to it and they don't have to spend time with him learning the ropes. The characters will have had some timeouts away from things so their attitudes and personalities will have changed and it will also give the writers some wiggle room in the stories for a fresh set of flashbacks for all the characters and not just Oliver as they can show us what the characters have been up to and what we have missed as and when it ties in to each episodes story arc.

If they do that though I'll be slightly pee'd. I watch Arrow for the Arrow and one of the posts above has already commented that Oliver never does anything by himself anymore. If they start introducing flashbacks for all the characters (I think Diggle is a waste of space and just annoys me) for the sake of padding the episode/series then they'll be clutching at straws. I don't mind if it is relevant to the story and explains why Thea for example is behaving a certain way and shows us some trauma she has experienced but they need to be careful how they use them.

Oh and........

11) In the event of a global apocalypse surely they could have enlisted the Flash to use super and at the very least whiz around America with Felicity's gizmo and hack the nukes in conjunction with Supergirl intercepting the ones Barry couldn't get and flying them into space?
12) Failing that, get Barry to go back in time (it was good enough to set up LoT) to a pivotal moment and a) stop Darkh from launching the nukes b) stop him from getting the idol/his power c) kill him as soon as he is born (take your pick).

Any of them would have been a more realistic and feasible way of ending an OTT story line.

Last edited by General Maximus; 27-05-2016 at 12:28.
Old 27-05-2016, 12:31   #15
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Surely that many nukes would wipe out the whole kit and kabodle. Then add time travel and alternate universes or even timelines. Things get too complex and linked and then they need ways to unpick it all without it all falling apart.

Remember the whale in Hitchiker's? Adams put that in just to kill it and make listeners worry about it. Maybe "kill" off a character and see what happens? If it seems they need a return, well this is TV, anything can happen.